Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on September 7, 2012
Offered as "others often buy this" is an SD memory card. This is misleading, since the camera DOES NOT have a slot for an additional memory card. DO NOT BUY for this camera!
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2011
Coming from a family of photographers, my five year old has been asking for a camera for quite some time now. We finally got her this one for Christmas and it was not been a disappointment at all! It has a very fast shutter that helps take pictures quickly, there are a few fun features on the camera that my daughter likes to play with (the three games, photo editor, playback for the edited pictures). Very easy to navigate through and it even has a video component too! Of course the picture quality is not that great, but its really just for fun anyway (unless your child has a HUGE desire to print their photos out...)Its also nice that the camera has a binocular-type lens since kids have a harder time focusing in on a single lens like an adult camera. Overall I would recommend this camera to kids who are four and over, since its a little advanced for anyone younger than that, but perfect for a preschooler just learning the art of photography!

** UPDATE ** Camera is toast! Was not durable and now the buttons have somehow gotten stuck so its history...
0Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2013
I bought this on the recommendation of several friends and the good reviews on Amazon. I'm very disappointed that no one mentioned that this is essentially an electronic toy, not a camera. Before even removing from it's packaging I turned it on with the "try me" feature and it is SO LOUD I can't believe it. My husband came running from the opposite side of the house asking what that noise was. Even if the volume can be lowered, I planned to give this to a three year old, who would no doubt at some point have it at full volume. That's enough of a reason to return it. Also, as I read more about it, this seems more focused on games than picture taking - shame on me for not noticing - I was swayed by the glowing reviews. Also, on further consideration, a 1.3 megapixel camera is ludicrous nowadays. For about $15 more than this costs, I could buy a "real" digital camera with 14 MP. My daughter has been using our $300 point and shoot for months and I wanted to get her something that could be her own. But after using ours, it's almost cruel to give her this. It's an electronic device masquerading as a camera, and if your child has ever even used your cell phone camera, they'll be disappointed in the pictures this takes. I'm returning it.
on November 7, 2011
My daughter got a VTech Zoom camera several years ago. It's been a longtime favorite toy and she is now 8! This camera has not changed much from the version we have.

The camera is sized really well for little hands, they can grip on the rubber handles on either side. Instead of having a single viewfinder like typical cameras, this one has two - so the child looks through with both eyes, eliminating the need to squint through a single eyehole. The camera itself is okay, 1.3 megapixels is enough to take some viewable pictures, but it does poorly in low light conditions (which is a lot of places). This never bothered my kids.

What makes this camera a hit is the games on it. You can take a picture, then play games with that picture - it makes the picture into a puzzle, you have to rotate the pieces to fit it back together. You can also choose scenes which place cartoon images around the outside of the picture. There are settings where you choose to be a pirate and then a little pirate outfit appears and the child can line the persons face up with it and take the picture so they look like a pirate. They also really enjoy taking videos - this is something that children universally enjoy, saying silly things into the camera.

If you have a child who is really into photography and you think wants to take really nice photographs they want to be able to say print out, or look at on the computer later, I recommend you look into getting them an inexpensive real camera. This camera is not going to take amazing photographs. It's much better than the Fisher Price version though, which we test drove as well - that camera only takes .3 megapixel pictures, but you aren't going to get amazing photos out of it. In face, after downloading pictures the first time, we just stopped bothering with this camera - the kids enjoy tremendously as a toy.
0Comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2012
We bought these for our 5 year old and 3 year old girl for Christmas and I must say...they ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!! I feel that this camera was a GREAT GREAT buy for the money!! The girl's both can operate them easily and have hardly put them down since Christmas morning! They have a couple of fun games on them but the biggest hit has been the video camera feature and the little "stamps" that they can put on their pictures.( It has all sorts of different options like borders, silly faces, princess crowns, etc. They can also put themselves in a snow globe, the ocean, or in a castle....along with many other fun things. The girl's really have loved them. They have worked great and are very durable and kid friendly. I would definately recommend it to anyone who has a child that wants a "real" camera like moms:)....but doesn't want to pay a ton of money.
on December 26, 2012
My 3-1/2 year old really likes playing with our camera. For Christmas we bought her this camera hoping it meant that she would play with hers, and not ours. She really likes it, although she is just understanding how taking pictures work. That said, there are a few things lacking with this camera.

The quality of the pictures are horrible. If your hands move at all, or the thing you're taking a picture of happens to move, the picture is blurry. The best comparison would be a lower quality cell phone camera. Our daughter doesn't care about that, but it's kind of a bummer. In my mind I thought it would be fun to see her pictures, and possibly make them into a scrapbook for her to look back on. I realized that isn't going to happen the first time we uploaded the pictures and viewed them on the computer. They were all blurry and low quality.

The other issue is there is no review after you take a picture. There IS a way to review them, but it involves going into the menu area and finding the correct icon. It's a process. I wish it were more of a push button type of thing, which is quicker and easier for me when my daughter constantly wants to show me what she's taken a picture of. It would also be easier to erase the bad pictures.
on November 6, 2012
We bought this for our 3 yr old, but our 7 yr old enjoys it too. Many, many pictures have been taken. I do have to go through and delete shots from time to time to free up space, but it holds in the 100's. Some of the features are too advanced for a 3 yr old, but I believe it will be entertaining for at least a few more years. If you are looking for something fun, with lots of effects to choose from, this is great. If you are looking for quality photos for printing or an album, choose something else.
The kids absolutely love these cameras. My 8 year old and 11 year old girls have them and have had them for several years. They love to take pictures and video. They love the games that they can play on them as well. The fact that they can modify the pictures and add goofy effects thrills them to no end. I just wish that these had a built in rechargeable battery instead of using AAs. Picture quality is grainy, but what do you expect for a kids camera. They are pretty resilient as well and have held up well to the abuse.
on December 2, 2012
I truly think my daughter is going to love this camera and I myself am excited to give this to her on christmas day.

PROS- built well and proven to be pretty durable, nice sized screen on the back to play games and review pictures, reasonably priced, its pink just for a little girl, cool features etc..

CONS- pictures seem very dim, it seems as if in order to get a good picture the child should be outside on a nice day of it indoors it needs to be a well lit area, the camera is a little on the bulky but thats ok because it lessens the chance of being lost, and thats really it.

yes i would reccomend this unit to another buyer with a child maybe 8 years old and under
on October 23, 2014
This is surprisingly a decent camera! My daughter had to have her own camera so this is what I decided to go with and she loved it. It was actually very entertaining to see what kind of pictures my 4 year old could come up with!!

Pros: The camera comes with built in features to modify your pictures, like borders, colors, etc. My daughter had a ball with this feature making daddy look like a princess with her camera. The battery life was surpisingly well for a few AA's, I figured I would be going through them left and right, but not to the case! It is also very rugged, this thing was dropped down my stairs 2 or 3 times and never had a problem with it, this is a cemera built for a child!!

Cons: It is only a 1.3 mega pixel camers which is well suitable for a 4 year old, but for the price I think they could do a little better. Also I did have problems with the battery cover falling off.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.