Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

VTech - V.Smile - V.Smile Pocket Car Charger

on March 1, 2017
Did what it is supposed to do, have owned it for a few years now and it's still working.
on September 2, 2012
This charger is compatible with the v-smile pocket as stated in the description. Basically, if you have a pocket and need to charge it instead of using batteries all the time, this will do the job. I would caution you on using it if you have a particularly large vehicle or if your a/c adapter is far from where your kids sit. My place to plug in is in the console between the driver and passanger, and my vehicle is a sedan, so it has no problem reaching my son in the back seat, but if you had a big vehicle or the only place to plug it in was in the dash I don't think you could get it to reach anywhere near your back seat. So, check where your plugs are first as the cord is a decent length, but not definitely not long.
on July 1, 2007
I have a v-smile console and lots of cartridges, and when I saw this car charger I was very excited at the possibility of using it in the car with the console that my sons already use with our SUV's DVD entertainment system. We had been using the batteries which worked fine, but wanted to avoid the screaming that came along with the batteries running out during a long trip.

I looked at the company website, which made no mention of using the car charger with the console, but interestingly enough the website did say that the AC adapter for the console also worked with the Pocket V-Smile. Hmmmmm. So I called the company, and the very unfriendly customer service rep would not answer my question -- does the car charger work with the console? The company line was stated over and over "the car charger was made to work with the Pocket V-Smile." I asked why if the AC adapter worked with the Pocket would the car charger not work with the console? Again the same statement. That was all the information I needed.

I immediately ordered the car charger, and yes, it works perfectly with the console unit! Why this is such a big secret I don't know, since I could have kept using the batteries (and this would NOT have "made" me buy a Pocket unit!). The purchase of the car charger was money very well spent considering how much my kids love playing this thing and how much time we spend in the car.
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2011
My kids (5 year old twins) love playing their V-Smile handheld games in the car. It was always a huge issue when one or both would have to stop playing because their games ran out of batteries, especially when I was somewhere that it wasn't convenient to stop and buy more. I love having these car chargers with me at all times in the car so I never have to worry about power. They keep my kids happy, and save me money on batteries.
on January 24, 2016
Expensive but it does the trick.
on October 28, 2013
I like that it's long enough to reach the backseat from the plug. I also love that it saves on the battery life of the game, which is a great thing on road trips.
on October 14, 2013
I bought this car adapter for long car rides and to stop buying batteries. It also is adaptable with the Leap Pad 2. It is not a perfect fit but it does work.
VINE VOICEon March 23, 2006
This is a very handy product to have around for our 3-year old if the batteries happen to die while traveling. The AC adapter is a life-saver for long car trips.

Just as an aside note, the adapter does NOT look like the one in the picture. It is gray-and-orange, like the adapters you seen in the store.
on November 18, 2011
I liked that this adapter allowed my daughter to play her game on the road and saved us on the purchase of batteries. I just wish the handheld game itself was made as well as this adapter!
on May 11, 2013
What can you say. IT CHARGES. IN YOUR CAR. BUY IT IF YOUR KID PLAYS IT A LOT. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question