Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on January 10, 2014
I really like this thing. It works very well and does what I wanted it for and more. It is also much faster and easier to use than my desk top scanner.
I have found out a couple things about it that others might be interested in. The JPG files that it creates could not be saved after being edited with Canon's Zoom Browser photo editing program. That program would hang-up when I tried to save the edited JPG from the Magic Wand scanner. I found that if opened the scaner's JPG with Microsoft's Paint, then only saved it, Zoom Browser would work just fine with it. I also found that the medium resolution of 600 dpi makes the best quality scans. They are very clear and much better than ones made at the HI resolution of 1050 or 1200. Talking to friend who is in to high quality photography, he told me that is common with even very expensive scanners.
on March 3, 2016
I had no idea wand scanners existed and am finding this sooo handy to have in addition to my regular scanner. Much easier to scan long receipts and book or magazine pages with this. Not so good as my flat glass scanner for pictures though they are usable. I bought this just for text anyway. I love the bright color which makes it easy to find and harder to leave behind. Easy to choose options and no problem viewing screen. Backlight would be nice but not absolutely necessary. I have bad eyesight but can see the screen. Like the previews. Lightweight and compact. I added 32 gig card to it because when I scan I scan a lot! I'm not doing anything special to scan straight. I just watch the guides as I scan and try to move smoothly. Very happy with this scanner and would recommend it.
on June 8, 2014
I am not paid to write this review! I needed a "portable scanner" to be able to scan documents related to my elderly mother's care while I'm "on the road". So I searched for "portable scanners" and found this. I read the reviews about people having problems with it. All I can say is ... watch a video from VuPoint's site for how to use it. I had no issues whatsoever. So easy to use that I might never use my flatbed scanner again. The only drawback is that each page is a separate file (this model lets you scan to pdf as well as jpeg which I why I bought it) ... but that turned out not to be an issue because I have Adobe Acrobat, and it is SUPER simple to combine multiple pdf's into one file.
Be sure to buy a Micro-SD card because you can't use this without one (if you read product description you'll see that it does tell you this), and it's not included (don't really understand why).
on January 24, 2014
I purchased as a gift for my husband for Christmas, and he loves it! He was surprised how easy it is to use and how nice a quality it reproduces. Great price too!
on June 20, 2017
This is nice portable wand scanner for scanning photos on the go. I also like the removable SD memory (mine did not come this though), so use the photo printers found at many drug stores. I just wished this item had a document feeder (you may be able to buy ​separately). I also don't think this item works well to scan text documents you might want to edit. In all, I like this item and it works okay for scanning photos on the go.
on February 10, 2014
good product. the scan quality is good, you just have to learn how to scan properly and it works perfectly. the mini screen is of much help, cause u can have a preview of the result without having to plug to a computer. besides, it comes with a litlle bag/cover, and some cleaning material. good purchase.
on October 6, 2014
If I could give it 3.5 stars, I would. It's a great scanner for documents. An amazing feature is that it can keep scanning for several feet (if you even had the space to lay something flat for that amount of distance).

However, this is not as amazing for scanning images. No matter how high I go, there is distortion and some kind of 'faux' pixelation. I tried scanning really large and shrinking down, but the distortion is still very noticeable. It's never going to come out as clean as a bed or drum scanner because you scan manually with the movement of your hands. Lines won't even be as clean as a picture I take with my Samsung Galaxy II.

Another thing is that I can't get the computer to read the scanner at all, so I have to pull out the tiny SD card every time.

Not too bad a buy for such a low price though, I think I got it for about $65, and after using it, I wouldn't pay much more than $75 for this product. If your job requires you to scan a lot of documents though, it's well worth your money for the convenience.
on June 11, 2016
Watched a YouTube on this unit before purchase, Had to scan some documents off-site, so took scanner with me. It was brand new, in box. Easy to set-up - just follow the directions. Scanned documents without any prior practice. No computer available to see how I was doing with speed of scanning and lining up with the document. Used it both ways - and a wand going over the pages and feeding the pages thru the dock. Started with PDF, then decided to use JPG so it could be cropped & color adjusted in a photo program, if needed. Got home, checked it out on computer - everything had gone very well! Used it just one time so far.
on August 4, 2014
It is super light, and scans great photos. I consider this plug and play. I bought a separate 8gb microSD card, and didn't get anywhere near filling it halfway. I brought this abroad to scan family photos and documents from relatives. It's particularly useful as most people do not like to let you take such momentos. I was lucky to buy this from a seller as "used" because it was a returned product. It had all the documentation, cords and package and a smaller price. It took me a long time to figure out that I could zoom in on the photo (actually I found out by accident). It does PDFs or JPGs, in Hi, Med, Lo resolution. That's about all you need to choose. I travelled for 10 days with three days of heavy use. I thought to use my cell phone charger since it uses a microUSB port for charging, but I didn't charge it once. I just made sure to charge it before I left. I sewed by own cover from pre-quilted fabric that matches the blue, it cost about $3 with the zipper, unlike the case that is sold.
on March 6, 2014
This is a review for the VuPoint PDS-ST470PE-VP Portable Scanner.

This is a good scanner for flat documents (as advertised), but it doesn't perform well with book pages. Appreciate it's compact size and convenience.

PROS
- Scans flat documents, such as sheets of paper and photographs, well. Color and details are very good.
- Portable and relatively small
- Nice color preview screen, which other wand scanners typically don't offer.
- Storage is on micro SD card, which, with the full-size adapter, is a universally used storage medium
- Can transfer scans using USB cable or micro SD card to computer

CONS
- Prone to wobbling/veering during scanning, probably due to the single roller on bottom surface. There are a couple other wand scanners out there with double rolls, which helps prevent veering. The wobbling/veering produces scans that are distorted in areas.
- Preview screen has clunky navigation and actually stretches some preview images (but the scan is actually fine), which somewhat defeats the purpose of checking a scan with the preview screen.
- Cannot scan book pages well. VuPoint does not advertise this item as a book page scanner, but I tried it anyway and thought I'd share my experience. The scanning window does not extend close enough to either end of the wand's bottom surface, so the wand cannot effectively scan near the gutter of a book. Therefore, if you hold the scanner horizontally on the right page of a book and start scanning top to bottom (or bottom to top), the left side contents near the gutter of the book are missed entirely. Also, if you hold the scanner vertically (parallel to the gutter), and scan left to right, you might be able to capture the contents near the gutter, but you will lose the contents on the right edge of the page. Why? The single roller will fall of the page, signalling to the scanner that you are no longer dragging the scanner the left to right.
33 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse