Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 371 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 395 reviews
on January 26, 2017
Amazing portable scanner for scanning items that can't be moved to a traditional scanner. Very easy to connect the scanner to a computer and access your scans. Note this means you can't see the quality of you scan immediately. If your scanning a lot of pages I would highly suggest scanning a few pages, and then check to see if your technique is giving you the desired quality you want. The most important thing when scanning is just to make you scan at a constant slow-medium speed, keeping the scanner flat on your surface of interest.

Only issue I ran into was trying to scan a book, upon which I would usually see blurring in the middle of the book. Not impossible to read, just the quality wasn't as high as the outside region of the page. Other users have suggested placing a transparent sheet over your book, and scan over the transparent sheet. This removes the issues involved with blurs in the middle of a book, and allows you to scan both pages at once, cutting down on the number of required scans.
on July 10, 2011
Thought it was a bit pricy till I saw it...but this case is worth every penny! It's "luggage" quality, will protect the scanner from almost anything short of being run over by a car. A lot of thought has obviously gone into the design, because the lid has storage for the USD cord, additional flash cards/cases, and even two extra AA batteries and zips completely to keep dust out, making it perfect for storage AND travel, yet it's still not too large to fit into a tote or laptop case. Btw, also love the scanner!
on July 14, 2012
I ordered this to carry my newly purchased Wolverine PASS scanner. (You know how it is--once you buy stuff, then you have to buy stuff for your stuff....) The case fits it perfectly and seems very well made. It is a black zippered hardcase with a soft lining. When case is opened, the scanner slips into one side under an elastic strap that holds the scanner in its "bed," while the other side of the case has two pockets (one short, the other long) that can hold your USB cord, extra batteries, microSD card/adapter, etc. I really like that I can carry these things in the case with the scanner and have them all in one place. Zipper seems well made. Overall, the case is handsome and very functional. A good investment!
on July 6, 2015
This item does not fit my portable scanner like it advertised. Keep in mind that this case is very hard and it was not going to fit anymore than what you see in the pictures. And yes I tried putting it in the other side and it was still a no go! It was a waste of money. I tried contacting the seller and I never received a response. So now I'm stuck with this case that's too small for my scanner. I may have to find something else to put in it.
review image review image review image review image
on August 31, 2015
The VuPoint scanner was an incredible tool for me while I was in graduate school. Often times you can have access to a reference book for one day, but someone else might be using that reference the next day. Using the handheld scanner, I was able to store my references as .pdf and refer back to them repeatedly.

The positives: Easy to use, strong battery life, low file size (so I could scan many pages), preferred and liked that there was a .pdf format, microSD is a convenient way to transfer files for me.

The negatives: I don't like that it defaults to .jpg every time you turn it on. You have to be vigilant about your speed and making sure you can it relatively straight or your scan will come it a little weird. Sometimes this won't affect the legibility, but sometimes it can. The nature of this device means you can scan a lot of files and not really know which ones are good and which ones are bad. However, you do get used to the "technique" and you wind up getting good scans consistently.

In Sum: Saved me a lot of copy costs in grad school! Loved it.
on January 25, 2014
This case is attractive and sturdy looking/feeling. However when I first attempted to put my new VuPoint PDS-ST470PU-VP into the case it would not go in and I was hesitant to force it. I actually filled out the paperwork to return it, then double-checked if there was another one available for my particular model. Turns out it was the same, so I tried one more time to 'make' it fit. I actually had to force it in (at first) and the opening of the case actually stretched a little to accommodate. Both the case and the zipper are a bit stiff right out of the box, but as I zipped/unzipped it loosened up. I would have given 4.5 stars (if available) with the 1/2 taken off for the 'forced fit', but it doesn't deserve 4 stars so 5 it is! :-D

Pros:
Compact with pockets for the power cord and SD card
Sturdy and rubbery, feels like it would protect the scanner if accidentally dropped (have not tested that!)

Cons:
Must force the scanner into the case, if you just rest it on the case it looks like it should be about 1/4 inch longer
on November 5, 2016
If you get the VuPoint PDSWF-ST47-VP wand scanner, you should get this also. Only four stars because it really should come with it.
A previous review showed how his had worn with use. They seem to have change the case material to all woven ballistic nylon (I think). So maybe it will bear up better. I keep it at home, but the case nicely keeps the usb cable and cloth and bits with the scanner. USB slots keep changing and so you're going to want to keep the one that fits this device with the device.
on February 21, 2015
The Vupoint Solutions PDS-ST470 Magic Wand IV Portable Scanner with 1.5" Class Color Display does not fit in this case. Basically, the VuPoint Wand is too long, and almost too wide, to fit the case. I was surprised because, this case was one of the items Amazon listed as "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought". However, if you really want it to fit, you can force it into the case, but the fit is so tight I am worried it might break due to the unnecessary pressure being exerted on the ends of the wand. Therefore, I am sending it back for a refund.
on June 10, 2015
This case is the perfect size for the prior version of the Vupoint Magic Wand, and worked with a little wiggling for the color-screen version I purchased. This is very sturdy and will do a great job protecting my scanner. I just wish they made one for the docking station as well.
on April 4, 2013
I bought a VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner (PDS ST415 WM) about 6 months before I finally "broke down" and invested in this case. The carrying case sat on my Wish List the whole time. I'd occasionally look at the item again, hem and haw, and then decide not to add it to my cart. I think a couple of times it even made it into the cart -- only to be removed prior to checkout. I always figured the drawstring bag that came with the scanner would be just fine.

I finally parted with the twenty bucks and the item arrived the other day.
I should have just went ahead and bought it the first time I saw it.

The case is very well constructed and much more durable that I expected it to be. I think my decision to purchase would have been made sooner had the product photos shown the inside of the case. When opened, the two sides of the hard shell reveal one side that is perfect for storing the wand scanner (even while secured inside its original drawstring bag) and the other half of the shell conveniently divided into separate netted areas -- one for the connector cord and the other for holding the batteries.

I spent more time thinking about this purchase than I should have.
Don't make my mistake.