Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "VuPoint Solutions Digital Film and Slide Converter..." and save 45% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
VuPoint Solutions Digital Film and Slide Converter (FC-C520-VP)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Scans and converts 35mm film and slide images to the host PC at the touch of a button; features automatic color balance and exposure controls
- Converts photos and documents on transparency and film into high-resolution, 5-megapixel digital images on a PC or Mac, at resolutions of 2592 x 1680 DPI
- Digital images are stored in either JPEG or TIFF format and can be easily viewed on the scanner's built-in 2.4-inch TFT LCD display; computer not required to convert images when stored on a memory card
- This film/slide converter provides 32MB of built-in flash memory, and also has an SD card slot, which supports memory cards with sizes of up to 8GB, while the built-in USB interface allows it to easily connect to a computer
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac operating systems; can be connected to a TV (NTSC or PAL) for converting or viewing images (optional)
- Interpolated Resolution: 2592 x 1680 dpi
- 32MB NAND flash memory
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
The VuPoint Solutions FC-C0552-VP Digital Film and Slide Converter scans 35mm slides and negatives into 5MP digital images, at 2592 x 1680dpi. It has a built-in 2.4-inch preview display, USB Interface, 32MB of internal memory and an SD card reader, supporting SD/SDHC cards up to 8GB. The VuPoint features automatic color balance and exposure control. The device is Windows and Mac compatible and comes with the creative ArcSoft PhotoImpression 6 software suite, to capture, edit, crop and enhance digital images, convert to e-mail files, and print. This device makes turning slides and film into images easy, without the expense of using an outside service provider.
Legal DisclaimerExcellent condition.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Simple to operate - it's easy for an unskilled user to line up images and press the SCAN button.
2. Uses SC Card - Accepts large SD Cards to allow for TONS of scanning before transferring to computer. This is easy and transparent to the user.
3. Decent (not great) image quality. The scans are cropped (missing the edges), and they are low resolution. Both of these factors make them less than ideal, but the main expectation you should have is that this scanner will gave you "snapshot" quality and nothing more. If you seek a serious film scan, look for a much higher-end scanner.
The main point here is that this slide scanner is decent but not great. If you want to scan a lot of slides or negatives at "decent" quality and call it a day, buy this. If you want archival quality, don't waste your time! Get something far better.
This scanner is easy to use. Put in SC card, plug in power, open it up, put some slides in the slide holder, push it in the slot and press the button. You load 3 slides at a time in the holder. The first time only you need to set the resolution (why would the default not be the higher one?) and the film type (BW/color/negative) - the settings persist. The image processing time is pretty quick; 3 seconds to adjust the light levels and you are ready to press the button. Scanning the image takes another 3 seconds. You get a 1 second display of the scanned image and saving to the SD card takes 5 seconds.
One of the best things is it does not need to be connected to a computer - just insert an SD card and scan JPEGs to it. With other scanners I've used they had to be connected to your computer and you had to make adjustments for each image with some buggy application. This one is easy to setup and operate in front of the TV.
The scanning is very automatic. I get good scans (the source is fading anyway so perfect is not a requirement) with no adjustments ... just load and press.
One bug I have seen is some images show a blue-ish strip near the bottom of the image. Rescanning does not help. It can probably be corrected digitally.
The slide tray is also a weakness. It has a tiny latch that requires a fingernail. Once you get the technique it works OK.
My advice is to set this up where you can leave it set up and you can go back to it off and on, over the course of the day and run a few slides through at a time. To sit there for hours and do it can get really tedious. If you can afford to do so, hire some little kid to do it for you. Any average ten-year-old can master this machine a ten minutes.
Be sure to buy a large-capacity "sd card", like the kind you use in your digital camera. Simply insert it into this device and you're good to go. It comes with a cord that allows you to send the images directly to a tv screen,so you can create an old-fashioned slide show, but I don't recommend doing it. At that size, the images are not very sharp and the process is much too slow and tedious. Your audience will fall asleep (or slip away in the dark....).
I have a photo editing software which I use to process the scans afterwards - so if you don't have that, you might not like this converter. If I have a slide that is really special, I would not rely on this scanner to make a copy worth keeping.
Most recent customer reviews
https://www.amazon.VuPoint Solutions Digital Film and Slide Converter (FC-C520-VP)Read more