VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Portable Scanner (PDS ST415 WM)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- CONVERT YOUR OLD PHOTOS INTO DIGITAL FILES - Scan documents and photos in color or black and white as PDF or JPEG files
- ARCHIVE AND ORGANIZE YOUR SCANS - Connect your scanner to a computer (Windows or Mac OS) using the included USB cable and a microSD card up to 32GB (SD card required, NOT included) to view and transfer your files
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Slide your scanner into the drawstring pouch, which slips conveniently into a purse or briefcase so you can scan important documents and photos on-the-go when no copier is available
- INCLUDES BONUS OCR SOFTWARE - Optical Character Recognition software allows you to convert saved documents into text editable and searchable files compatible with popular word processing and spreadsheet software (software is Windows only; not compatible with Mac OS)
- SCANNING SPECS - Plug-and-play device scans documents 8.27 inches wide and up to 98 inches long in as little as 3 seconds, with resolution choices of 300DPI, 600DPI, or 900DPI
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
The black handheld Magic Wand Portable Scanner from VuPoint scans documents, photos, newspapers, and virtually any smooth surface and saves them to a microSD card. With a scan area of 8.27 x 98" (or up 35" inches at 900 dpi), the scanner can store any letter or legal size document or image, even at the highest resolution. Take the portable scanner with you to the library and scan what you need for later, no need to waste paper or money on photocopies. When you get home, simply connect the scanner to your computer with the supplied USB cable to transfer your scans. If you scanned a text document you can use the included OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert any printed material into editable text (Windows only; not compatible with Mac OS). The scanner runs on 2 AA batteries so there's no need to for a charger. Using standard AA batteries, the scanner can perform at least 180 color scans or 200 monochrome scans. The LCD displays the device's status and other important info. The scanner weighs only 6.9 oz (including the batteries) and is only 10 x 1.2 x 1.0", making it a great way to store documents and photos on the go.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It's small and portable. Battery life on two cheap alkaline AAs from IKEA seems to be decent.
- It is fully standards-compliant and requires no driver installation whatsoever, it simply writes files to a microSD card and then acts as a standard card reader when plugged into a computer.
- It deals very poorly with even slight wrinkles or creases in what you're scanning. Even if it's an otherwise perfectly crisp piece of paper that's been unfolded from a standard business envelope, the resulting image will have some kind of a glitch in it. I tried to remedy this by buying a small rectangle of clear acrylic to provide a flat surface over which to scan, but this resulted in a blurry image instead of a glitchy one. A standard copier transparency helps a little if you're trying to scan a smaller item such as a receipt.
- There's a large dead zone on the scanner's margins, this makes it useless for scanning pages from a book of any size.
- Holding both the scanner and thing you're scanning as you try to swipe the scanner along its length at an even rate of speed can be awkward. Using a surface with some grip to it can help with this.
In summation, the concept is kind of neat, certainly not the worst piece of technology I've ever used, but for practical purposes, at this point I think I'll just invest in a standard flatbed or automatic-feed scanner.
Top international reviews
Cover all my needs
Would recommend this product to others.
The only problem is that the result (i.e. jpg or pdf) requires a lot of post-processing. The user can not set the contrast, BW/grey corrections. Consequently the scanned result is very bright, or some colors/fine lines are not visible due to this contrast/brightness problem.
4 stars for being helpful in saving my time (I can do scanning while traveling in bus/train).
Overall though, a great product, and has been pretty handy for me with 3 quality settings, and an option for jpg or pdf format.