Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on September 13, 2016
Incredible item! Some things you need to be saving for posterity are too big for your printer/flatbed scanner and this wand fills the gap. From artwork, pictures, books, you can scan and save it all. Separately buy a micro SD (which can be used with other things like cameras, computers, etc.) which spreads the cost, since micro SDs usually come with a standard size adapter. When I first tried to use the Wand I was not getting good results: Saw only a small slice of my document. I called the really great customer service and found out I was scanning TOO SLOWLY!. Took about 1 minute to explain and figure out. Thanks, VuPoint. Also you get the really valuable Paper Port software for scanning, searching and organizing documents. I used to work with this type of software before I retired, and I really missed it, but not now. Also included is a USB cable for connection to a computer, a cleaning cloth, batteries, and a storage bag for the Wand. I am impressed, so much so that I am buying two others for Christmas gifts. And, no, I am not an employee of this company LOL. It is just a very good product that meets my needs.
on August 20, 2013
I bought this for school, as I am terrible about losing important paperwork that I end up needing later. Being able to scan without being connected to a computer is extremely handy. Even on the lowest DPI scan, it produces sharp images of a black and white handouts, with each page taking about 2 seconds to slide across. At the highest setting, you do need to slow your roll some and take 5-7 seconds per scan, but I have found I only needed high settings for the smallest of text (and for color of course). It doesn't recognize the edges of the paper however, so you may end up with scans that need to be cropped in order to remove the edges that have a nice scan of the desk you were working on. Not important to me, but if you needed more professional scans for a presentation or something it may be something you need to think about. I would hate to scan 100 things and have to edit each one to remove it.

The device itself is nicely portable, it actually has the same width as my MS Surface Pro, so it fits easily into the tablet bag I use for the Pro. The scanner came with a sleeve to protect it.

My only complaint about the scanner is that you CAN'T hook it to a computer to instantly see your scan. You have to scan first, then connect it, and then it works like a removable drive with the files listed. It So if you are scanning a ton of pages, instead of being able to glance at each one on the PC as you go, you have to wait and do it all afterwards.

The software that comes with it is helpful, but not perfect. It converts JPG scans into Word, Excel, PDF, and Emails, but it cannot do anything with a PDF scan. This may be a limitation imposed by Adobe, or a ploy for you to upgrade to their professional edition ($90 at the time of this post), I am not sure. I do see the professional version gives you the ability to convert PDF files.
on May 10, 2012
Spent 5 minutes reading instructions and this great little scanner made short work of scanning receipts I needed to email to my employer!! I love it!! I didn't use the software included, I simply uploaded to Windows Live Photo Gallery (created a "receipts" folder in Pictures first) and magically I had JPG files of my receipts. I rotated to right-side-up the receipt that got scanned upside-down - easy as pie. I didn't use the card adapater, I find the cord easier to handle than taking that tiny little card in and out of the scanner, and no more or less time consuming. I think I'll pop this little scanner into my knitting bag - to have at knitting club to copy patterns. I'm sure I'll think of many other uses. Delighted with this purchase.
on December 18, 2014
The good:
- It's small and portable. Battery life on two cheap alkaline AAs from IKEA seems to be decent.
- It is fully standards-compliant and requires no driver installation whatsoever, it simply writes files to a microSD card and then acts as a standard card reader when plugged into a computer.

The bad:
- It deals very poorly with even slight wrinkles or creases in what you're scanning. Even if it's an otherwise perfectly crisp piece of paper that's been unfolded from a standard business envelope, the resulting image will have some kind of a glitch in it. I tried to remedy this by buying a small rectangle of clear acrylic to provide a flat surface over which to scan, but this resulted in a blurry image instead of a glitchy one. A standard copier transparency helps a little if you're trying to scan a smaller item such as a receipt.
- There's a large dead zone on the scanner's margins, this makes it useless for scanning pages from a book of any size.
- Holding both the scanner and thing you're scanning as you try to swipe the scanner along its length at an even rate of speed can be awkward. Using a surface with some grip to it can help with this.

In summation, the concept is kind of neat, certainly not the worst piece of technology I've ever used, but for practical purposes, at this point I think I'll just invest in a standard flatbed or automatic-feed scanner.
on December 7, 2012
I bought it thinking that I could go to the clerk's office and copy the genealogical records to put on the computer, but although the clerks at the Smyth County Courthouse in VA can make copies for fifty cents a page, they maintain that a handheld scanner will damage the books. Since then, I've hand copied everything; it's slower but the spite value is tremendous.
I use the VuPoint for scanning old family photos and letters, though, and it works like a dream.
on February 21, 2012
GREAT ITEM. BEING IN THE MILITARY AND DEALING WITH ALOT OF HAND RECEIPTS AND DOCUMENTS THIS ITEM MAKES IT VERY EASY TO KEEP ALL MY DOCUMENTS IN ORDER ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS NO COPIER MACHINE READILY AVAILABLE. I USE THIS THING ALOT. I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU CAN USE THE USB CORD TO CONNECT TO A COMPUTER OR PULL OUT THE SIM CARD AND PLACE IN A CARD READER. GREAT ITEM, THANKS.
on May 18, 2016
When I got my first VuPoint portable scanner wand as a gift, I wasn't sure what to do with it. It turned out to be excellent for saving documents at work, where I don't have access to a copier or scanner. It was also handy for scanning magazine or newspaper items, since you just roll it over them rather than feed the paper through it, When it wore out after several years of regular use, I had to replace it.

The new VuPoint scanner I have works just as easily, running off two "AA" batteries. It connects via the included cable to a USB port. Scans are saved on a Micro SD card (not included) and I can open them into an image editing program to trim edges. (I use Paint.) I do wish it had the monochrome setting of my older model, which could create smaller files for e-mailing, but it gives excellent results on any reasonably smooth, flat surface.

The scanner, along with its connector cable, fits in the included drawstring pouch, and I carry it in a pack with my laptop for work.
on May 28, 2013
I was looking for a portable scanner, and was really leaning toward a stationary one where the pages feed through, until I read reviews about this being usable for book pages and things that aren't flat. I have been scanning things for a couple of weeks and I think I'm over 300 pages so far with the first set of batteries. The quality is awesome, and they upload like a dream to my laptop. I know there were comments where some complained that you have to reset the resolution you want each time you turn the unit on, but I find that a power saving/memory saving help. Just my opinion. I'm really happy with this scanner, and it's greatly reducing the amount of paper in my desk. I carry it to work, and I know I can use it anywhere. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone!!
on June 16, 2016
I am really pleased with this scanner. The more I use it, the more I love it! I was not sure what to expect, as I am not much of tech person, and didn't know how difficult this would be to use. My one hitch, I bought a 64g SD card, and it did not work, it kept saying the card was full. I emailed the company on Friday night around 7pm and asked why, and had a response by Monday morning at 9am, which I was impressed with. I was informed that the max the scanner can take is a 32g card. I don't think that was noted in the instruction (maybe it was and I missed it). But after installing the 32g card, it worked beautifully. I am working on scanning pictures from an old photo album, so the surface is bumpy and uneven. For the most part, no problem with this scanner. I run the scanner quickly down the page and it's good to go. I've been uploading the pics to my computer and doing very simple cropping, and I can't get over how good the images look. I have a large printer/scanner that I'll probably get rid of now, as I never print, only scan and I don't need that big thing now that I have this. For $45 plus the cost of the SD card, I am VERY pleased with this purchase!
on June 5, 2012
I LOVE this product and have been referring to myself as the Scanning Queen! I had mountains of paperwork that kept piling up because I didn't find the time to actually file it away. Now it's all scanned and saved digitally for less clutter and easy manageability -- I am in love with e-filing! I have been wanting a desktop scanner that's popular right now but this one is so much more affordable and portable. Can't say enough about how much easier it makes organizing important paperwork for me. Saving images as pdfs takes more memory than jpg files so I leave it in jpg mode, but you do have the option.

Love it!!