Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on June 28, 2012
Ok, I just got this and I love it. I love the portability, it uses two double A battery's it's very easy to operate, and it works great. You can carry this with you and you can be ready to scan anywhere. It has a small color screen that I thought would be useless because it's so small, but I was wrong. You can see if your photo came out, it's good to have. This is the first scanner I ever owned. I have a Printer but has no scanner. Im very satisfied with this purchase. I forgot to mention it does not come with the memory card. But they are inexpensive. So if you purchase the Magic wand scanner,also get the mini sd card.
Update: I've had this scanner for awhile now and now every time I scan a photo there is a line right in the middle or somewhere on the photo. So I purchased a flatbed scanner. The canon canoscan lide 210. It's not too big and it's powered by the USB. So far it works really great. I now give the hand held scanner two stars. Also it's a battery drainer.
1010 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2012
I am a researcher, where, I got to study content from various paper based resources like bound books and paper backs. This device came in very handy to me. I can use this to save selected content digitally in a snap and carry them wherever I need. I don't have to carry all the books!!

After using this for quite a while, here are my observations
-- Very Fast Scanning Speed even for COLOR SCANS(<4 secs for A4 size and little over) This is the best part. There aren't any "fast scanners" available until now. It takes a lot of time to scan in Color, even at 300dpi. But VuPoint is too good and too fast for this.
-- No Dents on your page unless you scan on an uneven surface
-- It STOPs and SAVES the instant you STOP Scanning
-- Saving in JPG and PDF (More than Enough, you have plenty of free tools online Eg: Irfan View, GIMP if you wanna change your format)
-- Put a pair of good quality rechargeable AA cells for the power to last long. If the batteries are cheap, it gets drained quickly. This is the only trouble I had, but with good batteries it's perfect.

Imp ;
Unless you want to scan regularly, don't let the batteries in. If you do, they will be out of juice real quick. Get good quality AA batteries, bad quality means, less runs !

-- Don't worry, if it can't scan near the Book Spine, just go along until the whole length open in 2 pages. Does the JOB as it says, you don't have to worry if the book doesn't open up almost flat especially hard bound books borrowed libraries. It records pretty well for you to read on a Computer / eBook Reader.

I didn't have any qualms with this device so far now. Everything's working perfect with me. Above all the the best portable scanner for the best price. 900dpi is a really good add on, esp when scanning faded content from Old Volumes.

I Strongly Recommend this for people who want Quality and Portability of a Scanner
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2012
Waw! I love this thing! I take it with me everywhere just in case. I was a little thrown off since I expected a black coloured scanner and was greeted by a snake print one but...it works. What I particularly love is the fact that it's battery operated. Two penlight (AA) batteries, an sd card (will ask for it once it's turned on) and you're good to go. Changing the batteries is a snap...slide off the cover, put them in and you're back in business. The real trick is learning how to scan straight. But after a while you get the hang of it. It scans in either jpg or pdf-letter or A4. And in colour too. The colour scans are beautiful! I have no hesitation recommending this product!

10/08/2017 - Just to update to say that I still have this scanner and it is still working perfectly!
on July 25, 2017
This device is a little hard to get the hang of, but once you do it's very useful. It's perfect for scanning old photos in albums and documents.
on April 15, 2013
Just got this scanner last week, after about one week trial, here is my impression:

- Very handy scanner, with reasonable good quality; if you want something better than your phone camera when you’re one road or business trip, this scanner is a good choice.
- Scanning speed is faster than I expected
- it saves in both jpg and pdf format, so the users change choose the format they need and use it fast.
- I spend most of the time to test it will the book and maganizes contents. The result is good. If I want to scanner a good document or nice photo, I will switch back to my flatbed scanner.
- it uses microSD to store the image, so the users can copy the files to the PC easily, especially when they forgot the USB cable when they’re on the road

- It drained battery pretty quick better use good rechargeable batteries
- The preview window show the image and works fine with it size, but still hope it shows the image better.
- It uses MicroSD Card, but it would be better if it use SD card, so I don’t need to keep find my adaptor (most laptops have SD slot)
on August 28, 2014
Item was as described. The ability to use it out of the box was not as I had read in some reviews. I suspect that most problems occur with the OCR program. I have had problems with another OCR program that turned a scanned item into jibberish. The actual scan is usually correct in the preview. I have found that using the PDF format is the best most of the time.
on June 6, 2013
I have used this scanner for about 4 months. It can scan, but it is a chore and it doesn't scan particularly well. Since it is hand held, it does not have the precision of a scanner that has a paper feed, or the precision of a flatbed scanner. If you move the "wand" too fast or too slow, the scan quality is affected. The battery life is not great and you need to have an extra set with you at all times. This is not a product that anyone who depends on a scanner should have. It is too unpredictable and unreliable. I would not recommend it to anyone.
on July 13, 2014
I do genealogy and the Magic Wand is the nuts for anyone working on family histories. It is time consuming to sit and write down all of the info on a document, just scan it with your wand. There is a small issue of making sure that your document is flat in order to scan completely. Books, ledgers, etc must be as flat as possible in order to scan the inside fold of a page. You may not be able to get the entire document if the center of the book is not flat enough. I recommend this to anyone who copies articles, documents, newspapers, legal papers for your personal use, etc.
on May 16, 2014
I read a lot books borrowed from library. Many times I need to copy some pages for future references.
That's the reason I bought this scanner.
So far it work great.
Works good on size 9 x 6.5 books. But for bigger books, like 10.3 x 7.3 or larger, its a little bit too short.
So, textbook scan? Maybe not a good idea.
But for U.S. letter size doc, normal size books, it work great.

p.s. the scanner does not pick up page numbers. I have no idea why.
on December 6, 2013
Neat and convenient tool for certain scan jobs. Very solid build and sharp color. Love the wifi aspect of this particular model, which makes it easy to view your scans on your smartphone to check your work. This is much superior to the model with the 1" color screen. Docked one star because it eats batteries.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.