Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Sophie La Girafe - So Pure Teether Giraffe
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on June 5, 2016
The giraffe was overrated in terms of utility and longevity.

Moreover, the design of the object encouraged gnawing on the extremities.
Thus, barely 2 months into owning Sophie, we found that my son chewed off pieces of rubber on his playpen and in his mouth.
The broken pieces came off Sophie's exposed right ear and horns. The photos show the damage caused by my 10 month old son.

Unfortunately, I did not return it within the 90 day time limit. Lesson learned.

On the plus side, the toy is cute, easy to hold and comes in nice packaging.
Unfortunately, I expected the toy to last at least 6 months.
review imagereview imagereview image
15 people found this helpful
on February 5, 2016
Beware! this is a fake product, there's a very tiny transparent label says "made in PRC" on the side of the box, this product origin is in France, as stated in the description itself!
If you compare this with an authentic Sophie giraffe, you'll find the eyes look fairly different, pls see my attached picture
review image
40 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2017
I had the larger Sophie and my 7 month old love it. Then I saw the Facebook posts about the mold / algae in it. At first I thought, someone could photoshop that, but my cousin cut hers open and found the same thing...and so did I when I cut mine open. Then I saw this product. I wish I would have seen it before I bought the other one. This one is more economical and is a great option. There is no squeaker, it's more flat and the handles are the perfect size for teething. There are enough small details and different shapes that the infant can still get in the tougher spots for chewing...which is what he loved about the larger one. I completely recommend this product and this will be on my baby shower list for everyone going forward.
6 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2016
Just got this in the mail today. It has a chalky texture and smells rubbery. Also tiny pieces of rubber flaking off the legs and edge of handle. I assume this is a fake. Why fake teethers exist, I do not know. I guess I'll go buy the 'real' thing at babies r us for a dollar more. Also in the pictures of the so pure tethers, reputable stores use a picture where the eyes differ, and the far right ear doesn't blend into the ring completely.
review imagereview imagereview image
26 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2015
My baby girl likes it half the time, she gets really mad at her toys but I wanted to give this one a try as we have had the other original sophie in the past and the legs were so big it seemed to just make my baby gag instead. I really like this one the only thing I don't like is when she grabs onto it she usually ends up chewing on the giraffe's head or feet. I would like her to be able to chew more on the handles where it is meant to be chewed. She is 6 months old and her little hands and mind haven't quite figured out how to maneuver it around exactly but that is the only thing that bothers me is that it isn't an easy achievement for young teethers, however she still likes to chew on it for a bit until she gets frustrated and just yells at it.
3 people found this helpful
on March 4, 2015
Wife got this for the little one. She says: "Okay for the price, but not a must have. Some children like them and others don't. I'd consider that before buying because they are a little pricey. Our little one doesn't use it that often. I do, however, like the fact that it is just made out of rubber and nothing else; I like to know what I'm giving my child. It does smell like rubber, but nothing bad. That might be why he doesn't like using it that much. I don't know. Again, every child is different. I know people that have the full size one and their kid loves it. It is very cute and easy to hold. I like this smaller version because it's "closed off" on the bottom where the legs are at. On the bigger one, the legs stick out individually, and that would make me a little nervous just because I don't know how far they are going to stick that leg in their mouth and it might make them gag. Overall, not bad.
2 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2016
My infant loves this teether. She got her first tooth at the end of two months old which is hard when they're just learning how to grip and pull things to their mouth this teether is perfect for tiny hands especially for infants who are just starting to grasp and pull things to their mouth. It is a great alternative to the original Sophie giraffe that's a little bit larger and is better for infants who are probably about six months and older. I have two of them. I am so happy that they make teethers that are not made of Chinese plastic.
One person found this helpful
on June 17, 2014
In the market where there are tonnes of teething toys, this for some reason was a big hit for our boys like many other parents mentioned. There is no special element or ingredient in Sophie mind you. But there is something about the shape (long neck of the Giraffe) that makes it easy to hold for the little guys. Also the thin legs of the Giraffe were perfect to nibble on. We saw our kids slowly move all around around Sophie as their mouths grew.
The material itself is nice and soft, gently enough to chew on but just hard enough to retain it's shape. We just bought another one for our soon to be born nephew. Will find out if the tradition continues.
Care instructions: I would recommend using a mild soap like Seventh Generation's natural soap and Luke warm water. Just use your regular paper towel or a face cloth even to wipe the toy clean. These last a long time as well, except in the case where your dog if you have one has taken a sudden interest in the toy :)
on September 16, 2012
I bought this version of Sophie partly because it was less expensive than the original and partly because reviews for the original said that the legs could cause gagging if the baby put them too far in their mouth. I didn't realize how great this version was. I just thought Vulli figured out the gagging thing and connected the legs. But we LOVE the handles. My baby just turned 3 months old and isn't really reaching for things well yet. I can put the handles/loops in his hands and he can bring Sophie to his mouth and suck and chew on it.

Pros:
-One handle is ridged and the other has little bumps, I bet these will be great for teething.
-I like the weight, it's perfect for a baby to hold, but not too lightweight.
-It's soft and kind of velvety
-The packaging is cute so it would make a great gift.

Cons (there are a few but none are problematic enough to drop a star):
-I don't know why it says "vanilla". I knew it wasn't vanilla scented or flavored because of reviews, but it is weird.
-It is pricey, I had a hard time convincing my husband it was worth it.
-The ear that is not attached to the handle is SHARP. My baby poked the roof of his mouth and started crying. I just hand it to him upside down now, but I think I will take some scissors and snip the point off, I am pretty sure that will work. The picture makes it look rounded, but the one I have is pointed.

By the way, it does smell and taste a little like rubber, but that didn't bother me (or my baby). It's not bad and I would rather it not be artificially flavored/scented with chemicals.
2 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2016
I opted for this teether over the traditional Sophie because I didn't want my little guy to gag himself on Sophie's legs. I started giving this to him at 3 months. Not much interest in it except to hold in his hands. From 5 to 8 months he chewed on this teether in earnest! I could hear the squeaking of his gums on the teether from afar. It has held up really well and I just wash it in soap and warm water. Still continues to be one of his favorites. He holds onto it with both hands like a steering wheel when he falls asleep so that he has it ready for more chewing when he wakes up.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.