Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 3, 2016
My infant loves this teether. She got her first tooth at the end of two months old which is hard when they're just learning how to grip and pull things to their mouth this teether is perfect for tiny hands especially for infants who are just starting to grasp and pull things to their mouth. It is a great alternative to the original Sophie giraffe that's a little bit larger and is better for infants who are probably about six months and older. I have two of them. I am so happy that they make teethers that are not made of Chinese plastic.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 11, 2017
At first i was doubtful about spending this much money on a teether, however i have no regrets after receiving it. My 4 month is a little behind in her motor skills however she can hold this teether. Easy to hold & commands her attention. Also the size is perfect for her mouth. Other teethers were too big.
on March 28, 2017
This teether is great because it fits perfectly in my little ones hands. I love that it's small enough to slip in my purse when we are running out the door.
on February 9, 2017
LOVE this Sophie! Seems more hygienic and safer than the original Sophie. It is flatter and easier for our LO to handle. She LOVES it and it's great for teething. I like the fact that it is flat and washable---less chance for mold to settle in.
Top Contributor: Petson November 6, 2016
This is a great toy for teethers. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is made in China. Oh well- we decided to go for it anyways and it seems to be just fine! Great for the price and convenience. Its especially fun for babies and he was drawn to this toy right away.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 19, 2017
The paint around the feet started coming off. I've not written to the company about this.
Is this happening to anyone?
on February 28, 2017
Got this for my daughter when she was 3 months old, as she was starting to grasp objects- this is light and the loops make it easy to grasp. She loves it and it will keep her busy in her carseat or stroller. She likes the bigger Sophie giraffe as well but this one worked better when she was just starting to use her hands since it was smaller.
on June 17, 2014
In the market where there are tonnes of teething toys, this for some reason was a big hit for our boys like many other parents mentioned. There is no special element or ingredient in Sophie mind you. But there is something about the shape (long neck of the Giraffe) that makes it easy to hold for the little guys. Also the thin legs of the Giraffe were perfect to nibble on. We saw our kids slowly move all around around Sophie as their mouths grew.
The material itself is nice and soft, gently enough to chew on but just hard enough to retain it's shape. We just bought another one for our soon to be born nephew. Will find out if the tradition continues.
Care instructions: I would recommend using a mild soap like Seventh Generation's natural soap and Luke warm water. Just use your regular paper towel or a face cloth even to wipe the toy clean. These last a long time as well, except in the case where your dog if you have one has taken a sudden interest in the toy :)
on March 1, 2016
I opted for this teether over the traditional Sophie because I didn't want my little guy to gag himself on Sophie's legs. I started giving this to him at 3 months. Not much interest in it except to hold in his hands. From 5 to 8 months he chewed on this teether in earnest! I could hear the squeaking of his gums on the teether from afar. It has held up really well and I just wash it in soap and warm water. Still continues to be one of his favorites. He holds onto it with both hands like a steering wheel when he falls asleep so that he has it ready for more chewing when he wakes up.
on May 29, 2017
Smaller than expected (should have read the specs better) and not soft. It's a hard plastic and my daughter showed no interested in it. It's adorable and I would definitely gift it in hopes that another baby would like it better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.