Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on April 26, 2015
Accept that this is a $20+ dog toy. At some point a Vulli founder made a deal with the devil to have the most perfect squeaky dog toy for your baby, and this is the result.

The neck is just the right size for a range of baby hands to grip.
The legs are squishy enough they don't poke a baby's eye out when they bash them in to their head, or the head of another baby.
The head is close enough to a pacifier head that it will do in a pinch.
The spots make hit hard to tell that it is covered in dried baby food so people won't judge you that it is filthy.
The squeak sounds like little happy baby cooing and won't drive you insane.
The shape makes it impossible for it to roll away so it gets out of reach less.

So accept that this is hugely expensive for what should be a $3 dog toy at PetCo. If this is on your friend's registry this is the item you buy. Their child will love it. Make sure you write in permanent non-toxic ink. "To <Baby name> with Love <your name>" on the actual toy so you get credit, because for the next 18 months this toy is going to be the only thing that makes baby stop crying, go to sleep, and cause tears to flow when it is more than 9 inches from baby's mouth.

You buy this and you are a hero. All other squeaky toys are inferior.

The stuffed toy is cute, and better for a little older. I don't know if it is confusing to have your best friend come in two flavors, rubber and fuzzy. I guess it is like having someone to cuddle, and someone to chew on, so that's not that weird... :-)
on December 14, 2013
Beware if you buy this. On the one I received, the handpainted Sophie had two fingerprint smudges that seem to not be removable. The packaging looks cute, but the zipper at the top of it is not properly connected. On the stuffed Sophie, it looks like the neck will break soon. Because this is for a time-restricted gift, I can't return it for a replacement. I'm sorely disappointed in the quality of the product. I hope the recipient likes it more than I do. I really shopped for a long time to try to find something that I thought would be just perfect for this adorable baby!
on June 1, 2016
If you can purchase JUST the smaller giraffe (natural rubber), I'd advise that. My son never cared for the soft toy but he chewed the crap out of the smaller giraffe.
on May 16, 2015
First of all, YES IT'S AUTHENTIC!! I've seen a lot of people ask that. It is designed in France & manufactured in China, just like almost everything else is manufactured in China. If you look at your local Target or Toy's-R-Us, it states the EXACT SAME THING AS ON HERE.

Anyway, my son started teething at 5 1/2 months, & Sophie has been a Life Saver. He just turned 7 months and already has 4 bottom teeth & 2 top teeth!! He naws on ANY part of Sophie he can fit in his mouth.
on January 14, 2013
My son had the rubber Sophie and it was pretty much the ONLY toy he played with from 3-6 months and remained extremely attatched to it until he was over a year old. I bought this set for my 3 1/2 month old for Christmas and was not disappointed. She LOVES her rubber Sophie and although the stuffed Sophie is a big big for her now, I believe she will really enjoy it in a couple months. It has a gentle bell sound and is soft and cuddly. Highly recommended!
on June 28, 2015
My granddaughter Edin loves Sophie! I washed her first one and it got the squeaker wet so I ordered this set. It came with a soft Sophie that rattles. The only problem is that soft Sophie came unstitched and I had to sew her up at the back of the neck... as expensive as these are I would think I would not have to repair it in the first couple of days.
on September 7, 2013
This teether and plush set is value for money. But the Sophie teether needs to be cleaned often, as it's rubbery surface does gather dirt quite easily. The irregular shape with its long neck allows my 5-month baby to grab, explore and find a way to chew on it, sometimes the legs and other times the ears. He likes to chew on the plush too (we named it "Georgie"), while it is made in china, it is obviously designed for babies' use. Trust the brand...
on May 2, 2014
I got his for my son and he cant go anywhere without it!! The natural rubber doesnt have a bad taste or smell, and yes i did smell it and taste it.

Useless info:
1987 "Three Men and a Baby" with Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg, and Ted Danson.
This is the "dinosaur" that Tom Selleck's character Peter buys at news stand and puts in baby Mary's bassinet.
on April 22, 2016
I heard this was baby crack so I have it a try with 2 different kids in 2 different years. Neither one liked it. It squeaks loudly, no smell, has a powdery feel to it. It's cute... Just don't see what the commotion is about
on November 14, 2015
Baby loves both the teether and stuffed animal. The stuffed giraffe is like a raffle. If you are thinking about getting Sophie... get it. I recommend this combo package, especially for the price compared to the standalone version.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.