Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Vulli Sophie Giraffe Set (Soft Toy and Natural Rubber)

on April 26, 2015
Accept that this is a $20+ dog toy. At some point a Vulli founder made a deal with the devil to have the most perfect squeaky dog toy for your baby, and this is the result.

The neck is just the right size for a range of baby hands to grip.
The legs are squishy enough they don't poke a baby's eye out when they bash them in to their head, or the head of another baby.
The head is close enough to a pacifier head that it will do in a pinch.
The spots make hit hard to tell that it is covered in dried baby food so people won't judge you that it is filthy.
The squeak sounds like little happy baby cooing and won't drive you insane.
The shape makes it impossible for it to roll away so it gets out of reach less.

So accept that this is hugely expensive for what should be a $3 dog toy at PetCo. If this is on your friend's registry this is the item you buy. Their child will love it. Make sure you write in permanent non-toxic ink. "To <Baby name> with Love <your name>" on the actual toy so you get credit, because for the next 18 months this toy is going to be the only thing that makes baby stop crying, go to sleep, and cause tears to flow when it is more than 9 inches from baby's mouth.

You buy this and you are a hero. All other squeaky toys are inferior.

The stuffed toy is cute, and better for a little older. I don't know if it is confusing to have your best friend come in two flavors, rubber and fuzzy. I guess it is like having someone to cuddle, and someone to chew on, so that's not that weird... :-)
12 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2013
Beware if you buy this. On the one I received, the handpainted Sophie had two fingerprint smudges that seem to not be removable. The packaging looks cute, but the zipper at the top of it is not properly connected. On the stuffed Sophie, it looks like the neck will break soon. Because this is for a time-restricted gift, I can't return it for a replacement. I'm sorely disappointed in the quality of the product. I hope the recipient likes it more than I do. I really shopped for a long time to try to find something that I thought would be just perfect for this adorable baby!
4 people found this helpful
on June 28, 2015
My granddaughter Edin loves Sophie! I washed her first one and it got the squeaker wet so I ordered this set. It came with a soft Sophie that rattles. The only problem is that soft Sophie came unstitched and I had to sew her up at the back of the neck... as expensive as these are I would think I would not have to repair it in the first couple of days.
on June 25, 2013
I thought Sophie was a must-have until we got her. Turns out it was more of a novelty for Mom while the older kids loved playing with the squeaker. The baby, he doesn't really care for Sophie or pays her any attention. Overall she was a fun purchase and Im glad we added her to the family. She is a durable toy both the squeaker and plush that I know we'll get many years use from.
on May 16, 2015
First of all, YES IT'S AUTHENTIC!! I've seen a lot of people ask that. It is designed in France & manufactured in China, just like almost everything else is manufactured in China. If you look at your local Target or Toy's-R-Us, it states the EXACT SAME THING AS ON HERE.

Anyway, my son started teething at 5 1/2 months, & Sophie has been a Life Saver. He just turned 7 months and already has 4 bottom teeth & 2 top teeth!! He naws on ANY part of Sophie he can fit in his mouth.
on June 1, 2016
If you can purchase JUST the smaller giraffe (natural rubber), I'd advise that. My son never cared for the soft toy but he chewed the crap out of the smaller giraffe.
on October 8, 2015
Worked good as a chew toy for my little one . Be carefull when washing not to get water in the hole .It will cause the sqwek part to not work till it drys out (2-5 days) .We also put ours in the freezer and nvr had issues .
on November 13, 2013
I give a Sophie to all new mom friends and they are always a favorite of theirs and their babies! Great teethers for little hands. The neck and legs make good gripping spots and the head is the perfect teething spot with the nose and antler nubs! Made of safe materials for baby. Good as a toy too!
on October 3, 2015
I held off buying Sophie for a long time because I thought it was a glorified dog toy. It's not. It's baby crack. My boys were both obsessed with sophie! Best $25 spent!
on September 7, 2013
This teether and plush set is value for money. But the Sophie teether needs to be cleaned often, as it's rubbery surface does gather dirt quite easily. The irregular shape with its long neck allows my 5-month baby to grab, explore and find a way to chew on it, sometimes the legs and other times the ears. He likes to chew on the plush too (we named it "Georgie"), while it is made in china, it is obviously designed for babies' use. Trust the brand...
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.