Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 241 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
on August 23, 2013
I have a 2 year old and recently had triplets. I have a Sophie left over from our 2 year old, but wanted to purchase 2 more for the triplets. I thought this was a great, easy and economical way to order them. However, when we received them, I noticed right away that one of them did not squeak. The other once barely squeaked. I was very perplexed by this since these are supposed to be very nice teethers and are pricey. So I looked into it further. I compared these 2 to the one I already had and noticed several differences:

1) The squeaks were the most obvious difference. The "real" sophie squeaks extremely well, you barely have to press it and it makes the squeak noise. Even if you press on his neck, a nice squeak comes out. With these 2, they barely squeak at all!

2) There are serial numbers on the back of sophie's second leg. The "real" sophie has a very pronounced and PROTRUDING serial number. These 2 have barely visible indented numbers. Extrememly different than the real Sophie.

3) The coloring is slightly different. The real sophie has a brighter/darker pink color for its tongue and cheeks versus these 2 sophies.

4) The "real" sophie's front leg is slightly more bent than these 2 sophies.

It's hard to imagine that these are authentic sophies. I believe they are counterfeit and will be returning them. If they are counterfeit, I do not know where they were made and what they were made out of and I don't want my babies chewing on them!!! I'm glad I had another sophie to compare it with, otherwise I would never have known, which is what I bet they are counting on with unsuspecting buyers. PLEASE SEE MY VIDEO and PHOTOS WHICH CLEARLY SHOW THE DIFFERENCES.
review image review image review image
55 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
My son loved Sophie to an unreasonable extent so I have been buying this toy as a gift for any baby showers I attend. Two of my cousins were having babies (due the same day) so I went ahead and bought the double pack. I was disappointed that both toys were shoved into one single package. I hoped they would each have their own box. I ended up using one of the toys as a decoration on the top of the wrapped gift, so that worked out fine, but I wanted to warn anybody else who was wondering the same thing.
44 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
We have a 5 month old and an almost 3 year old in our house- both boys, and and both love their toys. Since the 2 pack of the Sophies is a better deal than just one, and because I didn't want my older boy to be jealous of his younger brother's awesome giraffe toy, we decided to get 2. My almost 3 year old is getting his 2 year molars (late) and I've noticed lately that he's chewing on other toys that aren't really meant to be chewed on, so my hope for him was that he could chew on Sophie instead. My 5 month old just plain loves to chew on anything and everything, so my hope for him was that he would enjoy Sophie more than his hand, or my hair... or that blanket.. or the carpet. You get the idea. 2 months after purchasing Sophie (my boys were 2.5 and 3 months when purchased) I can safely say we're glad we did! I'm not entirely sure how often my toddler chews on Sophie, but I do know that his other toys are showing less teeth marks, so I'll call that a win. Also he just plain really likes the cute squeaky giraffe! My 5 month old is now starting to get his bottom teeth in, but even before that he loved gnawing on Sophie. She is incredibly easy for a baby to grasp and chew on, and pretty much every part of her is made for soothing baby gums. Unlike many other teething toys, she is soft enough that he can chew without getting upset because his gums hurt, but firm enough that it occupies him and soothes. Overall very happy with this purchase and would recommend to all new parents.
'
on August 10, 2012
This item received a lot of mixed reviews - my favorite is how people describe this as a $17 dog toy. Let me be the first to tell you that this is one of THE best items to give your infant. The price did NOT scare me away - I knew I was purchasing a decent item that was non toxic and meant for a teething baby. When it arrived, I excitedly opened it and was pleasantly surprised at how ADORABLE this giraffe is!!!

Sophie is "so expensive" because she satisfies all 5 senses: sight, smell, touch, taste, and sound.

Sight: High contrast white with brown spots makes her easily recognized by young babies.
Smell: She has a very subtle rubber smell - intoxicating to me, because it brought me back to my childhood with that "new toy" smell. It's not overpowering like others described.
Touch: Her texture is very unique - unlike any kid's toys we have every bought. In some places, she is harder/tougher. In others, she is squishier. The feel is a rubberized smooth feel.
Taste: She tastes like rubber (yes, I tasted her!). It's satisfying because the texture on a baby's tongue is satisfying. The taste isn't overpowering like some rubber toys.
Sound: And of course, she has a squeaker. You either like squeakies or you don't. I happen to like the sound. It's cute and the reaction my son gives to that sound is priceless. Just be careful with dogs - ours went crazy at first because she thought it was a toy for her.

I bought the 2-set of Sophie because I wanted the one for my almost 4-month old son and the other for my 2 1/2 year old daughter. Both immediately loved her right away, and for that the price is worth it. If my son is crying, all I have to do is show him Sophie and he stops crying and starts to coo. For that, I'd have spent $50 on her!

Must have toy!!!
review image review image review image
on January 16, 2012
I am updating this review because, there has been a happy ending. Ordered a pair from this non-amazon vendor. The vendor's vendor (don't ask) messed up--it was a GIGO issue I'm told (garbage in, garbage out)so the recipient only got one of the two giraffes. When the vendor realized it they handled it very well. They contacted by myself and the recipient, and by PRIORITY MAIL sent the additionally ordered giraffe. So the vendor is very good at fulfillment when they realize a problem. Of course, it would have been better without a problem. BUT given how much my grandchildren have LOVED this toy--I give it a 5 star rating.
on March 23, 2011
I got a double-Sophie pack after reading an article on how great Sophie's are & coincidently having a baby shower to attend. I have great faith in the product, but I've yet to see it in action .Delivery time for the Sophies was great, but I, like a previous purchaser, was not pleased with the condition of the boxes when they arrived. Sent in a gray, plastic shipping bag, the boxes loose, ended up damaging the bottoms of both to the degree that I felt the need to apologize for the state of it to the expectant mother! A bit of bubble wrap and a couple of big rubberbands would help tremendously! Still, I'm very happy with my purchase.
on July 9, 2014
Pretty amazed at how my 6 month old grandson responded to this! Really giving it a workout with eyes, hands and mouth. Now his favorite toy.
on December 23, 2013
Purchased on Amazon with confidence, however when I received these I immediately noticed the texture of the giraffe was rough compared to the one I already had at home. It also was a different size, color and smell. I suspected it was fake and did some internet searching. No serial number on any of the legs. Then I saw other reviews on Amazon saying some of these are fake. Do not buy from Amazon. Save yourself the trouble and go to Toys R Us or a reputable retail store. Very disappointed. Even my baby could tell and didn't like this one. Thankfully, Amazon is issuing me a full refund.
on January 3, 2012
Sophie is very cute. Granddaughters love them. They are expensive, but I search for toys for our little ones that are NOT made in China and do not have nasty paint or other toxins in them. The parents want safe fun toys for their babies.
on December 14, 2011
Sophie is worth every penny!!! This is a perfect toy to purchase for a little one who is starting to hold toys and mouth them! I bought one for my little girl when she was 6 months old, and she is 18 months old now and still loves it!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.