Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Sophie the Giraffe Keychain
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on January 3, 2016
While I don't know that I would consider this product completely safe to be used as an actual teething toy for a baby (due to the small size and key-chain attachments), it made the perfect Christmas ornament for my son last year! Every year, we like to make "playable" ornaments, or rig toys into ornaments to give our sons for Christmas. We try to find something that represents an interest of theirs the past year. (We've attached embroidery thread to Fisher-Price Wheelies with great success). They get to hang their ornaments on the lower branches & take them down to play with as they like, then rehang them again. Well, my youngest turned 1 year old last Christmas Eve. Sophie the Giraffe was a HUGE part of his 1st year, so I was giddy when I realized I could make him a genuine Sophie ornament for under $8! And if he decided to try and chew on her a bit, she was made of the same materials as the big Sophie. I simply removed the key chain links & attacked a thread hanger instead. Easiest ornament-hack ever! When we got the ornaments out this year, my almost 2-year-old son knew immediately that Sophie was his & he has loved admiring her, showing her off to visitors, taking her down to ride in toy trucks, etc. So, I would definitely recommend this product for use as an ornament or a keepsake.
2 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2012
After seeing an actual Sophie Christmas ornament for $55 (gasp) I decided to get this keychain and tie a ribbon on it...We hung in on our tree as a baby's first Christmas ornament (she adores her regular Sophie) It's just perfect as an ornament! I would not use it as a keyring or teether though!
review image
20 people found this helpful
on April 27, 2015
I loved our Sophie teething Giraffe and thought the key chain would be a great addition for my little guy. I know peoples say that keys are one of the dirtiest things, but I really don't leave mine laying around on questionable surfaces. They go into my car ignition or into my purse. Which, is where the problems lies. My complaint of the average sized Sophie is how the texture attracts dirty and hair, and I'm constantly washing it. I failed to keep that in mind when purchasing the key chain. Although my keys stay in my purse when not in use- the key chain still picks up hairs and crumbs. Rendering it an over priced inoperable key chain!
on June 18, 2016
I had this exactly 9 days before it broke. The key chain tore right through the rubber loop on Sophie's head. There were only 3 keys on this chain. Extremely disappointed with the quality of this product.
review image
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Keychain ripped off rubber Sophie after only a couple of months of very light use on an extra house key. So cute, just didn't hold up to light regular use.
One person found this helpful
on August 8, 2016
Love the keychain. Disappointed because photo description said it would come in a package with tag similar to the doll. It was a gift for someone. No tag no package, looked like possibly returned, when I paid for new.
on April 23, 2012
There was nothing wrong with the product, but it just didn't match my expectations. I was hoping to use this as a "last resort mommy saver" for my teething son. Think grocery store lines and fussy babies. We have two other Miss Sophie products and love them. The connection/key ring is pretty cheap. I'd worry that it would come apart and be a choking hazard. The giraffe is too small to remove and let him play with seperate from key chain. And, since I am not really into using a teething toy as an actual key chain, this item now serves as my mailbox key chain.
on February 3, 2015
I discovered Sophie the Giraffe Key Chain (which I didn't know existed) while researching Sophie Giraffes at Amazon.com to purchase for relatives and friends who were having their first babies. Ironically, I bought the Sophie key chain for MYSELF as a cute way of always being able to QUICKLY find my keys- especially if at the bottom of a pocketbook. It does indeed have the look and feel of the real Sophie.
One person found this helpful
on November 14, 2017
Using these as favors at a Sophie la Giraffe birthday party. The children will love having a Sophie on mom's key ring.
on September 10, 2014
Given as a gift for my kids as they celebrated their anniversary and becoming new parents. Sophie is their favorite character and will be on their keychain. Not so small that its unrecognizable but surely not for their son to be teething.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.