Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Sophie La Girafe - So Pure Teether Giraffe
Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on February 5, 2016
Beware! this is a fake product, there's a very tiny transparent label says "made in PRC" on the side of the box, this product origin is in France, as stated in the description itself!
If you compare this with an authentic Sophie giraffe, you'll find the eyes look fairly different, pls see my attached picture
review image
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2016
The giraffe was overrated in terms of utility and longevity.

Moreover, the design of the object encouraged gnawing on the extremities.
Thus, barely 2 months into owning Sophie, we found that my son chewed off pieces of rubber on his playpen and in his mouth.
The broken pieces came off Sophie's exposed right ear and horns. The photos show the damage caused by my 10 month old son.

Unfortunately, I did not return it within the 90 day time limit. Lesson learned.

On the plus side, the toy is cute, easy to hold and comes in nice packaging.
Unfortunately, I expected the toy to last at least 6 months.
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 22, 2017
I had the larger Sophie and my 7 month old love it. Then I saw the Facebook posts about the mold / algae in it. At first I thought, someone could photoshop that, but my cousin cut hers open and found the same thing...and so did I when I cut mine open. Then I saw this product. I wish I would have seen it before I bought the other one. This one is more economical and is a great option. There is no squeaker, it's more flat and the handles are the perfect size for teething. There are enough small details and different shapes that the infant can still get in the tougher spots for chewing...which is what he loved about the larger one. I completely recommend this product and this will be on my baby shower list for everyone going forward.
on March 24, 2015
My baby girl likes it half the time, she gets really mad at her toys but I wanted to give this one a try as we have had the other original sophie in the past and the legs were so big it seemed to just make my baby gag instead. I really like this one the only thing I don't like is when she grabs onto it she usually ends up chewing on the giraffe's head or feet. I would like her to be able to chew more on the handles where it is meant to be chewed. She is 6 months old and her little hands and mind haven't quite figured out how to maneuver it around exactly but that is the only thing that bothers me is that it isn't an easy achievement for young teethers, however she still likes to chew on it for a bit until she gets frustrated and just yells at it.
on March 4, 2015
Wife got this for the little one. She says: "Okay for the price, but not a must have. Some children like them and others don't. I'd consider that before buying because they are a little pricey. Our little one doesn't use it that often. I do, however, like the fact that it is just made out of rubber and nothing else; I like to know what I'm giving my child. It does smell like rubber, but nothing bad. That might be why he doesn't like using it that much. I don't know. Again, every child is different. I know people that have the full size one and their kid loves it. It is very cute and easy to hold. I like this smaller version because it's "closed off" on the bottom where the legs are at. On the bigger one, the legs stick out individually, and that would make me a little nervous just because I don't know how far they are going to stick that leg in their mouth and it might make them gag. Overall, not bad.
on January 3, 2016
My infant loves this teether. She got her first tooth at the end of two months old which is hard when they're just learning how to grip and pull things to their mouth this teether is perfect for tiny hands especially for infants who are just starting to grasp and pull things to their mouth. It is a great alternative to the original Sophie giraffe that's a little bit larger and is better for infants who are probably about six months and older. I have two of them. I am so happy that they make teethers that are not made of Chinese plastic.
on June 17, 2014
In the market where there are tonnes of teething toys, this for some reason was a big hit for our boys like many other parents mentioned. There is no special element or ingredient in Sophie mind you. But there is something about the shape (long neck of the Giraffe) that makes it easy to hold for the little guys. Also the thin legs of the Giraffe were perfect to nibble on. We saw our kids slowly move all around around Sophie as their mouths grew.
The material itself is nice and soft, gently enough to chew on but just hard enough to retain it's shape. We just bought another one for our soon to be born nephew. Will find out if the tradition continues.
Care instructions: I would recommend using a mild soap like Seventh Generation's natural soap and Luke warm water. Just use your regular paper towel or a face cloth even to wipe the toy clean. These last a long time as well, except in the case where your dog if you have one has taken a sudden interest in the toy :)
on May 26, 2015
Well, we liked it at the begining when our little one was 4 months old. Then at 9 month, we noticed that ( see the photo). I don't know whether it was fake one or it is just not for big babies. I hope that my little one did not eat too much of the rubber ( we don't know)
review imagereview image
on May 18, 2013
My baby started teething around 4-5months, but the large original sophie was too big for her to put in her mouth. she liked holding it and wanted to bite on it but it just wasnt fitting. thats when i ran out and got one of these, and its much better for smaller mouths. she likes to hold it using one of the loops with the other loop in her mouth. i didnt smell or taste any vanilla as described. i also noticed some differences between the one i bought in the store and the one that came from online. the seriel code on the bottom looked different and there were differences in the giraffe face/coloring. the packaging looked exact however so I am just assuming there are different batches since these are made by hand. this teether works great for a younger baby, im sure she will enjoy the larger sophie once she can actually use it.
on June 17, 2016
I received this as a gift for my firstborn and was not aware that this was a trendy product at the time. It was a handy little thing and my son loved teething on it and it helped with his dexterity. Fast forward to this year and wr are expecting twins so I decided to purchase another one. Originally I bought the large Sophie but I disliked it and returned it for this. I think this is a great teether!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.