Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: Brown Box|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,475 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,675 reviews
on July 31, 2016
Firstly, Amazon handled this beautifully. I purchased one of these Giraffes and after noticing the "fake" complaints, I went out and purchased one from Barnes & Noble and did a compare. Even though the "quality" of the one I purchased from Amazon seemed "ok", there was clear issues & errors with the packaging and toy itself that were dead giveaways. The one I bought was actually SOLD by Amazon. When I called their customer service, they immediately refunded the money and opened an investigation on their distributor. Please - everyone BEWARE, though I love Amazon, I would not purchase this product online. You have no idea what type of paint and rubber is used on the fake ones and taking the chance is not worth the few extra bucks savings. See pictures below for example of the issues on the fake. Some key things to point out:

1. On the real and fake one, the serial number and (c) SLG were on example the same spot
2. The font and colors were "off" on the fake one's packaging
3. There was spelling mistakes. My favorite is misspelling of Hevea tree.
4. The font and coloring on the packaging is different
5. On the bottom, I had a sticker that said "imported by Callison" vs. nothing on the fake
6. Hooves are bigger and more "defined" on the real one

I hope this helps everyone looking to purchase one of these great toys.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 442 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
We've had it for about 10 months before comparing with an authentic one and finding out that ours was fake. The body is thicker and has very unpleasant chemical smell which never goes away. Real one would have a pleasant rubber smell. Who knows what kind of chemical our baby has been sucking on... Also, the paint is pretty much gone now.
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments| 708 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2016
5 years ago when I had my first born, he never had any teethers nor was he seemingly wanting to bite on everything that came his way. Fast forward to 2016, my daughter was chomping on anything and everything. She had no interest any of her plastic teethers. This is the only teether that amuses her when we're in the car. As a fully breastfed Baby, it's even harder they won't take almost anything you give to them.
review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 23, 2017
When my daughter started teething I looked through Amazon and Sophie seemed to be the most popular teether here. So, although the price was a bit over 20$, I decided to give it a try.

But sadly, my daughter wasn’t attracted to Sophie at 7 months old and after. Occasionally, she’d hold and squeeze it. Often, she ignores it in the play yard. She loves her other rubber teether, though, so I don’t think it’s the rubbery smell.

To be fair, she loved teethers the most from 4 to 6+ months old, when the teething first started. Perhaps Sophie just missed this phase when she arrived our house. In contrast, my daughter’s older cousin used to love her Sophie.

Personally, I’m not into Sophie because I prefer quieter toys over the sharp squeak. There were occasions when my baby girl was sleeping and my husband accidentally stepped on Sophie and made her squeak!

My daughter hasn’t tested Sophie vigorously enough to judge its resistance to wear and tear.

What I like about it:
- 2-in-1: teether for baby, toy for older child
- Relatively easy to clean and maintain

What can be improved:
- Remove latex proteins in the teether to avoid increasing risk of latex allergy in babies
- Be proactive in ensuring product safety instead of waiting to be pressured into conforming to stricter standards
on April 6, 2016
Sophie the Giraffe is a must have for teethers! Our daughter had a terrible time with teething and it was a long drawn out process. Sophie was a great help in alleviating the discomfort she experienced. Sophie has long legs that are easy for the kids to get into their mouth and all the way in the back for harder to reach teething. Sophies head had many bumps and nooks from the little horns to the ears that gave it a more interesting texture for her to hold on to. The elongated neck and legs made it really easy for our daughter to hold onto her no matter where she was chewing on the toy. Sophie does have a squeaker but it isnt loud or obnoxious. It hardly ever squeaked very loud unless the body was compressed a lot. The colors are very muted and gender neutral. She is made of a soft hollow rubber so she is very chewy and squishy feeling. She is easily washed off but take care not to get water in the squeaker hole in her back. This is such a well made piece that Sophie will last long after your littles are done with teething.
We got this as a baby shower gift and were so excited to see our son finally showing interest in Sophie. Unfortunately, the squeaker definitely perked the interest of our dog, who normally shows no interest in any of our son's toys. Alas, the next time we see it, Sophie's ears are no more, nor does the toy squeak anymore. Funny thing is, we repurchased it and or dog was no longer interested at all. Perhaps she felt like she already conquered Sophie.
review image
on May 21, 2016
I got this from this seller 4 years ago. We liked it. But i just realized it was FAKE!!!
I got a new sofie for my younger baby from Toysrus. It looks and feel diffrent. I felt so bad for my first born who used this FAKE one!!!! It looks real, but!!!! It's fake!

Do not buy this!!
review image review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 15, 2017
This is not the real Sophie. The real Sophie is made in France with completely safe edible rubber. Pretty sure this is a cheap (probably toxic) made in China knock off. My kid loved her Sophie- we lost it, reordered here and she has zero interest in this one. Her old Sophie smelled slightly of vanilla this has a very pungent rubber smell. It's the wrong color, the wrong shape, and the wrong material.
on April 6, 2016
This is a fake. I bought this to replace my daughters authentic sophie because the dog chewed her horn off and she no longer squeaked.. All Sophie's are supposedly hand painted so I'm not sure if the fact that the color is darker and the spots look a lot smaller lends to it being fake. This one is shorter than the authentic one. Also, the legs and tail look a lot different as if it was made in a different mold. Next to the batch number on the back of the leg is "@ SLG" which none of the authentic Sophie's have. In the pictures the authentic Sophie is on the left and fake is on the right.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2017
At first I thought $20 for a teether is just crazy but I read all the great reviews and my baby at the time(3 months old) was not interested in toys yet so I thought maybe this will do it. When we got it I squeaked it at her and she smiled so I thought oh yeah this is gonna be a big hit but she did not reach for it as I had hoped. Fast forward to when she did start playing with toys(few weeks later) she neither liked it more or any less than any other toys. She liked(and still does at 9 months) anything that squeaks so I could buy a dog toy as long as it squeaked and she is happy. It is easy to hold and the legs make good teethers for small mouths. All that said I would not purchase it again as the price is ridiculous when there are plenty of different teethers out there that she liked just as well for a fraction of the cost.