Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Style: Brown Box|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,613 reviews
on July 31, 2016
Firstly, Amazon handled this beautifully. I purchased one of these Giraffes and after noticing the "fake" complaints, I went out and purchased one from Barnes & Noble and did a compare. Even though the "quality" of the one I purchased from Amazon seemed "ok", there was clear issues & errors with the packaging and toy itself that were dead giveaways. The one I bought was actually SOLD by Amazon. When I called their customer service, they immediately refunded the money and opened an investigation on their distributor. Please - everyone BEWARE, though I love Amazon, I would not purchase this product online. You have no idea what type of paint and rubber is used on the fake ones and taking the chance is not worth the few extra bucks savings. See pictures below for example of the issues on the fake. Some key things to point out:

1. On the real and fake one, the serial number and (c) SLG were on example the same spot
2. The font and colors were "off" on the fake one's packaging
3. There was spelling mistakes. My favorite is misspelling of Hevea tree.
4. The font and coloring on the packaging is different
5. On the bottom, I had a sticker that said "imported by Callison" vs. nothing on the fake
6. Hooves are bigger and more "defined" on the real one

I hope this helps everyone looking to purchase one of these great toys.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
We've had it for about 10 months before comparing with an authentic one and finding out that ours was fake. The body is thicker and has very unpleasant chemical smell which never goes away. Real one would have a pleasant rubber smell. Who knows what kind of chemical our baby has been sucking on... Also, the paint is pretty much gone now.
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments| 693 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 15, 2017
I bought this for my grand nephew for a teething toy as discribed. I read some articles about mold being found in these. My niece cut it open and here is what was found. I feel a refund is in order. How would I go about getting one?
on November 22, 2016
I received Sophie today, and immediately opened the box and checked for the requisite serial number all the other reviewers say exists. It's there. And the box looks real. And Sophie smells like she should. And she's the right size. And the serial number is imprinted. And the copyright mark is imprinted after the serial number. And she squeaks and there are no misspellings on the packaging and there's a sticker on the bottom of the box, and, and, and. . .

And all of this adds up to NOTHING. I just spent a half an hour reading reviews and comparing pictures to my Sophie and making myself pretty crazy in general. I still don't know if this is a genuine item, and I really don't care. I'm returning it and will be buying Sophie from a local retailer listed on the Sophie USA website. I should buy locally more often anyway (Goals!). The extra cash I'll have to shell out is minimal and worth a lot less than the time I've already spent visiting Fake Sophie Stress Land.

Amazon, I love you. This is not the end of our relationship by any stretch of the imagination. But when it comes to a rather expensive, classic toy that is going into my child's MOUTH, I'm not going to stress out over a possible knock-off--no matter how good it is. 3 stars because I just don't know if this is good or not.
on May 21, 2016
I got this from this seller 4 years ago. We liked it. But i just realized it was FAKE!!!
I got a new sofie for my younger baby from Toysrus. It looks and feel diffrent. I felt so bad for my first born who used this FAKE one!!!! It looks real, but!!!! It's fake!

Do not buy this!!
review image review image
on April 6, 2016
This is a fake. I bought this to replace my daughters authentic sophie because the dog chewed her horn off and she no longer squeaked.. All Sophie's are supposedly hand painted so I'm not sure if the fact that the color is darker and the spots look a lot smaller lends to it being fake. This one is shorter than the authentic one. Also, the legs and tail look a lot different as if it was made in a different mold. Next to the batch number on the back of the leg is "@ SLG" which none of the authentic Sophie's have. In the pictures the authentic Sophie is on the left and fake is on the right.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2016
5 years ago when I had my first born, he never had any teethers nor was he seemingly wanting to bite on everything that came his way. Fast forward to 2016, my daughter was chomping on anything and everything. She had no interest any of her plastic teethers. This is the only teether that amuses her when we're in the car. As a fully breastfed Baby, it's even harder they won't take almost anything you give to them.
on February 25, 2015
This has marks all over it. This is disgusting I would never let my child chew in this. I want a refund!
review image review image review image
on May 24, 2016
My 5 month old daughter LOVES her Sophie the Giraffe toy! This toy is absolutely wonderful in every way. Sophie is made of soft rubber and makes a pleasant-sounding squeak whenever any part of her body is squeezed, so even a young baby can elicit a reaction from the toy with minimal effort.

I don't know what it is about Sophie, but whenever my daughter plays with her, she gets very vocal and talkative.

I saw another review which referred to this toy as "a glorified dog toy". That reviewer is mistaken, and simply doesn't realize the value of this toy.

- Sophie's body, while soft, has several areas of thicker rubber (the nubs on her head, her ears, and her feet) which are perfect for teething babies to gnaw on for relief.
- Sophie's contrasting colors (spots) are visually stimulating to a baby.
- She is easy to grip given her long, thin neck.
- This toy is made of 100% natural rubber and uses food-grade paint (SAFE!).
- This is a quality baby toy which will last for many years.
on December 1, 2015
I heard this was the roll-royce of teether and if I loved my baby and wanted her to go to an ivy league college I needed to buy it. Luckily we received one as a gift and I didn't have to shell out the kids college fund to pay for it. Let me start by saying my daughter had no interest in this when I first gave it to her. She was about three months old at the time. She just looked at it and looked at me like I was an idiot. I chalked it up to fancy baby stuff being a racket to sucker new parents in. However, we pulled that sucker back out when she was about 6 months and now she's glued to it. That freaking giraffe goes everywhere with us. Granted, its a glorified dog toy (seriously, it even squeaks) but its cute, my daughter can hold it on her own and for some reason she seems drawn to it. Either because it feels good on her gums or the manufacturers secretly fill it will baby crack. Either way, I'm a fan. Only complaint is the price because again, this is a glorified dog toy. If little nugget ever loses it I'll have to dip into our retirement fund to buy a new one. Until then, happy baby=happy mommy.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.