Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Style: Brown Box|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,450 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,642 reviews
on July 31, 2016
Firstly, Amazon handled this beautifully. I purchased one of these Giraffes and after noticing the "fake" complaints, I went out and purchased one from Barnes & Noble and did a compare. Even though the "quality" of the one I purchased from Amazon seemed "ok", there was clear issues & errors with the packaging and toy itself that were dead giveaways. The one I bought was actually SOLD by Amazon. When I called their customer service, they immediately refunded the money and opened an investigation on their distributor. Please - everyone BEWARE, though I love Amazon, I would not purchase this product online. You have no idea what type of paint and rubber is used on the fake ones and taking the chance is not worth the few extra bucks savings. See pictures below for example of the issues on the fake. Some key things to point out:

1. On the real and fake one, the serial number and (c) SLG were on example the same spot
2. The font and colors were "off" on the fake one's packaging
3. There was spelling mistakes. My favorite is misspelling of Hevea tree.
4. The font and coloring on the packaging is different
5. On the bottom, I had a sticker that said "imported by Callison" vs. nothing on the fake
6. Hooves are bigger and more "defined" on the real one

I hope this helps everyone looking to purchase one of these great toys.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 15, 2017
I bought this for my grand nephew for a teething toy as discribed. I read some articles about mold being found in these. My niece cut it open and here is what was found. I feel a refund is in order. How would I go about getting one?
on October 8, 2013
We've had it for about 10 months before comparing with an authentic one and finding out that ours was fake. The body is thicker and has very unpleasant chemical smell which never goes away. Real one would have a pleasant rubber smell. Who knows what kind of chemical our baby has been sucking on... Also, the paint is pretty much gone now.
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments| 701 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2016
I got this from this seller 4 years ago. We liked it. But i just realized it was FAKE!!!
I got a new sofie for my younger baby from Toysrus. It looks and feel diffrent. I felt so bad for my first born who used this FAKE one!!!! It looks real, but!!!! It's fake!

Do not buy this!!
review image review image
on September 12, 2016
BABY CRACK, this is pure baby crack. I have 4 kids. I used to think it was CRAZY for people to spend $20+ on a giraffe toy yet on my 4th, my 3 month old baby, I decided to splurge and go for it. He's teething and has no toys so I bought the giraffe and OH MY GOD! He love love loves it, he chews on it, licks it, and won't let it go. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on November 22, 2016
I received Sophie today, and immediately opened the box and checked for the requisite serial number all the other reviewers say exists. It's there. And the box looks real. And Sophie smells like she should. And she's the right size. And the serial number is imprinted. And the copyright mark is imprinted after the serial number. And she squeaks and there are no misspellings on the packaging and there's a sticker on the bottom of the box, and, and, and. . .

And all of this adds up to NOTHING. I just spent a half an hour reading reviews and comparing pictures to my Sophie and making myself pretty crazy in general. I still don't know if this is a genuine item, and I really don't care. I'm returning it and will be buying Sophie from a local retailer listed on the Sophie USA website. I should buy locally more often anyway (Goals!). The extra cash I'll have to shell out is minimal and worth a lot less than the time I've already spent visiting Fake Sophie Stress Land.

Amazon, I love you. This is not the end of our relationship by any stretch of the imagination. But when it comes to a rather expensive, classic toy that is going into my child's MOUTH, I'm not going to stress out over a possible knock-off--no matter how good it is. 3 stars because I just don't know if this is good or not.
on December 1, 2015
I heard this was the roll-royce of teether and if I loved my baby and wanted her to go to an ivy league college I needed to buy it. Luckily we received one as a gift and I didn't have to shell out the kids college fund to pay for it. Let me start by saying my daughter had no interest in this when I first gave it to her. She was about three months old at the time. She just looked at it and looked at me like I was an idiot. I chalked it up to fancy baby stuff being a racket to sucker new parents in. However, we pulled that sucker back out when she was about 6 months and now she's glued to it. That freaking giraffe goes everywhere with us. Granted, its a glorified dog toy (seriously, it even squeaks) but its cute, my daughter can hold it on her own and for some reason she seems drawn to it. Either because it feels good on her gums or the manufacturers secretly fill it will baby crack. Either way, I'm a fan. Only complaint is the price because again, this is a glorified dog toy. If little nugget ever loses it I'll have to dip into our retirement fund to buy a new one. Until then, happy baby=happy mommy.
on August 29, 2016
5 years ago when I had my first born, he never had any teethers nor was he seemingly wanting to bite on everything that came his way. Fast forward to 2016, my daughter was chomping on anything and everything. She had no interest any of her plastic teethers. This is the only teether that amuses her when we're in the car. As a fully breastfed Baby, it's even harder they won't take almost anything you give to them.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 23, 2017
When my daughter started teething I looked through Amazon and Sophie seemed to be the most popular teether here. So, although the price was a bit over 20$, I decided to give it a try.

But sadly, my daughter wasn’t attracted to Sophie at 7 months old and after. Occasionally, she’d hold and squeeze it. Often, she ignores it in the play yard. She loves her other rubber teether, though, so I don’t think it’s the rubbery smell.

To be fair, she loved teethers the most from 4 to 6+ months old, when the teething first started. Perhaps Sophie just missed this phase when she arrived our house. In contrast, my daughter’s older cousin used to love her Sophie.

Personally, I’m not into Sophie because I prefer quieter toys over the sharp squeak. There were occasions when my baby girl was sleeping and my husband accidentally stepped on Sophie and made her squeak!

My daughter hasn’t tested Sophie vigorously enough to judge its resistance to wear and tear.

What I like about it:
- 2-in-1: teether for baby, toy for older child
- Relatively easy to clean and maintain

What can be improved:
- Remove latex proteins in the teether to avoid increasing risk of latex allergy in babies
- Be proactive in ensuring product safety instead of waiting to be pressured into conforming to stricter standards
on January 20, 2017
We got this as a baby shower gift and were so excited to see our son finally showing interest in Sophie. Unfortunately, the squeaker definitely perked the interest of our dog, who normally shows no interest in any of our son's toys. Alas, the next time we see it, Sophie's ears are no more, nor does the toy squeak anymore. Funny thing is, we repurchased it and or dog was no longer interested at all. Perhaps she felt like she already conquered Sophie.