Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 618 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 685 reviews
on February 5, 2016
Beware! this is a fake product, there's a very tiny transparent label says "made in PRC" on the side of the box, this product origin is in France, as stated in the description itself!
If you compare this with an authentic Sophie giraffe, you'll find the eyes look fairly different, pls see my attached picture
review image
on June 5, 2016
The giraffe was overrated in terms of utility and longevity.

Moreover, the design of the object encouraged gnawing on the extremities.
Thus, barely 2 months into owning Sophie, we found that my son chewed off pieces of rubber on his playpen and in his mouth.
The broken pieces came off Sophie's exposed right ear and horns. The photos show the damage caused by my 10 month old son.

Unfortunately, I did not return it within the 90 day time limit. Lesson learned.

On the plus side, the toy is cute, easy to hold and comes in nice packaging.
Unfortunately, I expected the toy to last at least 6 months.
review image review image review image
on March 2, 2016
Just got this in the mail today. It has a chalky texture and smells rubbery. Also tiny pieces of rubber flaking off the legs and edge of handle. I assume this is a fake. Why fake teethers exist, I do not know. I guess I'll go buy the 'real' thing at babies r us for a dollar more. Also in the pictures of the so pure tethers, reputable stores use a picture where the eyes differ, and the far right ear doesn't blend into the ring completely.
review image review image review image
on January 22, 2017
I had the larger Sophie and my 7 month old love it. Then I saw the Facebook posts about the mold / algae in it. At first I thought, someone could photoshop that, but my cousin cut hers open and found the same thing...and so did I when I cut mine open. Then I saw this product. I wish I would have seen it before I bought the other one. This one is more economical and is a great option. There is no squeaker, it's more flat and the handles are the perfect size for teething. There are enough small details and different shapes that the infant can still get in the tougher spots for chewing...which is what he loved about the larger one. I completely recommend this product and this will be on my baby shower list for everyone going forward.
on January 3, 2016
My infant loves this teether. She got her first tooth at the end of two months old which is hard when they're just learning how to grip and pull things to their mouth this teether is perfect for tiny hands especially for infants who are just starting to grasp and pull things to their mouth. It is a great alternative to the original Sophie giraffe that's a little bit larger and is better for infants who are probably about six months and older. I have two of them. I am so happy that they make teethers that are not made of Chinese plastic.
on May 26, 2015
Well, we liked it at the begining when our little one was 4 months old. Then at 9 month, we noticed that ( see the photo). I don't know whether it was fake one or it is just not for big babies. I hope that my little one did not eat too much of the rubber ( we don't know)
review image review image
on March 24, 2015
My baby girl likes it half the time, she gets really mad at her toys but I wanted to give this one a try as we have had the other original sophie in the past and the legs were so big it seemed to just make my baby gag instead. I really like this one the only thing I don't like is when she grabs onto it she usually ends up chewing on the giraffe's head or feet. I would like her to be able to chew more on the handles where it is meant to be chewed. She is 6 months old and her little hands and mind haven't quite figured out how to maneuver it around exactly but that is the only thing that bothers me is that it isn't an easy achievement for young teethers, however she still likes to chew on it for a bit until she gets frustrated and just yells at it.
on February 6, 2014
I saw everyone else with a Sophie and didn't "get" the attraction. We have lots of teethers and none that she can hold or get in her mouth because they are all too wide. She is 3 months old and can hold this and is able to keep it in her mouth on her own. She does drop it or fling it by accident, but she's still little and learning. I too thought it would smell or taste like vanilla, the name is very misleading with "Vanilla" in the title. Since there are no other color options, there's no need to state the color in the title, or call it "vanilla" - it could be "white, or off white" and be much less misleading.

She still loves it and went to town gumming it once we got it.
on March 28, 2017
This teether is great because it fits perfectly in my little ones hands. I love that it's small enough to slip in my purse when we are running out the door.
on February 9, 2017
LOVE this Sophie! Seems more hygienic and safer than the original Sophie. It is flatter and easier for our LO to handle. She LOVES it and it's great for teething. I like the fact that it is flat and washable---less chance for mold to settle in.