Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on January 22, 2017
I had the larger Sophie and my 7 month old love it. Then I saw the Facebook posts about the mold / algae in it. At first I thought, someone could photoshop that, but my cousin cut hers open and found the same thing...and so did I when I cut mine open. Then I saw this product. I wish I would have seen it before I bought the other one. This one is more economical and is a great option. There is no squeaker, it's more flat and the handles are the perfect size for teething. There are enough small details and different shapes that the infant can still get in the tougher spots for chewing...which is what he loved about the larger one. I completely recommend this product and this will be on my baby shower list for everyone going forward.
on January 3, 2016
My infant loves this teether. She got her first tooth at the end of two months old which is hard when they're just learning how to grip and pull things to their mouth this teether is perfect for tiny hands especially for infants who are just starting to grasp and pull things to their mouth. It is a great alternative to the original Sophie giraffe that's a little bit larger and is better for infants who are probably about six months and older. I have two of them. I am so happy that they make teethers that are not made of Chinese plastic.
on May 26, 2015
Well, we liked it at the begining when our little one was 4 months old. Then at 9 month, we noticed that ( see the photo). I don't know whether it was fake one or it is just not for big babies. I hope that my little one did not eat too much of the rubber ( we don't know)
review image review image
on March 24, 2015
My baby girl likes it half the time, she gets really mad at her toys but I wanted to give this one a try as we have had the other original sophie in the past and the legs were so big it seemed to just make my baby gag instead. I really like this one the only thing I don't like is when she grabs onto it she usually ends up chewing on the giraffe's head or feet. I would like her to be able to chew more on the handles where it is meant to be chewed. She is 6 months old and her little hands and mind haven't quite figured out how to maneuver it around exactly but that is the only thing that bothers me is that it isn't an easy achievement for young teethers, however she still likes to chew on it for a bit until she gets frustrated and just yells at it.
on March 28, 2017
This teether is great because it fits perfectly in my little ones hands. I love that it's small enough to slip in my purse when we are running out the door.
on February 9, 2017
LOVE this Sophie! Seems more hygienic and safer than the original Sophie. It is flatter and easier for our LO to handle. She LOVES it and it's great for teething. I like the fact that it is flat and washable---less chance for mold to settle in.
Enthusiast: Petson November 6, 2016
This is a great toy for teethers. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is made in China. Oh well- we decided to go for it anyways and it seems to be just fine! Great for the price and convenience. Its especially fun for babies and he was drawn to this toy right away.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 19, 2017
The paint around the feet started coming off. I've not written to the company about this.
Is this happening to anyone?
on February 28, 2017
Got this for my daughter when she was 3 months old, as she was starting to grasp objects- this is light and the loops make it easy to grasp. She loves it and it will keep her busy in her carseat or stroller. She likes the bigger Sophie giraffe as well but this one worked better when she was just starting to use her hands since it was smaller.
on June 17, 2014
In the market where there are tonnes of teething toys, this for some reason was a big hit for our boys like many other parents mentioned. There is no special element or ingredient in Sophie mind you. But there is something about the shape (long neck of the Giraffe) that makes it easy to hold for the little guys. Also the thin legs of the Giraffe were perfect to nibble on. We saw our kids slowly move all around around Sophie as their mouths grew.
The material itself is nice and soft, gently enough to chew on but just hard enough to retain it's shape. We just bought another one for our soon to be born nephew. Will find out if the tradition continues.
Care instructions: I would recommend using a mild soap like Seventh Generation's natural soap and Luke warm water. Just use your regular paper towel or a face cloth even to wipe the toy clean. These last a long time as well, except in the case where your dog if you have one has taken a sudden interest in the toy :)