Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 8, 2016
These are awful. When we opened the package, the fit and finish was so bad that we sent it back because we thought we'd been sent a used machine. Then the second one came, and we realized that they all look like that. Unless these were made by an 8th grade metalshop class, the people who make these must be embarrassed to tell people what they do for a living. And we never even turned the thing on. We figure if you don't care what your product looks like, you probably don't care how well it works either. None for us, thanks.
on February 2, 2010
I was looking for a edge sander and a spindle sander,and this did both. It was hard looking at the product description,and guessing about things, so I took a chance and bought it. I figured that I would have to rework some things (and I did), but for the price I didn't mind.
I didn't use it straight "out of the box", because I knew that I would have been disappointed. It seems like an excellent little sander for what it does. It is only for a hobby woodworker,nothing production.
First, the stand is too short and lightweight,, so I made a new heaver stand. Also the tables are too light weight and flimsy. I made a one piece adjustable table,,soo much nicer. The dust cover and angle gauge are junk,so you can throw them away. But the body of the unit is heavy steel, and the tracking adjustment works good.
I was going to buy a 6x48 sander, but this 4x36 seems to fit the bill. (along with the cost savings) I was also concerned about only a 1/3 hp motor, but I use mostly 3/4 stock, and it seems to purr right through it.
Although I have only had this unit for a week now,I really like it. So if you don't mind spending a few hours "fine tuning" things, I believe this is a nice little sander for the money.
33 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 6, 2013
Piece of crap seriously under powered useless/or no dust collection and damaged on delivery.
Having said that, it has a use for me specifically for what i do, so i will be keeping it but heavily modified.
on January 13, 2012
I assembled the stand and was happy with the quality in that it was robust, but when I went to put the machine on the stand, it didn't line up. The stand was 1-1/2" narrower than the sander and there was no way to drill new holes in the sander to make use of the stand. As a result, I had to dismantle the stand, put it all back in the box, and return it to Amazon. Very frustrating.
10 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2014
This is a fine sander for what I use it for. I only use it for hobby projects. If I used a sander all the time I would have purchased more heavy duty model, but it would have also cost a lot more. For what I do it has been fine and the price was okay. I purchased a returned model and saved a few dollars also. This is one of three sanders I have. I have different belt grits on each so I do not have to change belts all the time.
on May 1, 2012
First off, when the box was delivered it appeared to have been opened and reclosed more than once. The box was in bad shape and I am hopeful it can hold the item for one more trip back to Amazon!

All the parts were there and as quickly as I unpacked the sander I repacked it. I believe you get what you pay for but I was hoping this would be an exception to the rule, however, it was not. The sander is cheaply made with plastic components for guards and the metal square sanding bracket (made of cash iron) is way off "square". The bracket when tightened into place rubs on the sanding belt and if set in a position that will not rub on the sanding belt it will have no purpose. No amount of adjustment will make this sander work efficiently.
8 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2013
Good value after I had to fix all the bent items caused by poor packaging. It doesn't take an engineer to decide that the large adjustment screw is not strong enough to take a drop from a packaging handler. Check the 8" long adjustment rod in the center of the right side of the sander in the photo shown in this inquiry. It would be a simple matter to remove the rod for shipment...DUH!
This one is the second one that I had you send to me. The first one was damaged in a very similar manner. I returned it and you quickly replaced it...very commendable! But, the second was damaged in almost the exact manner. This time I decided to just fix it myself. The effort that I expended was well worth the value of the product. David Bartle
on July 3, 2015
Have had this sander for 4 years, first two years worked fine other than the stand being uncomfortably short and a bit too small like others have mentioned. Last two years I have had to spin the belt by hand with the switch on in order to start sander. Today I could not even get it to start even while spinning by hand. Don't waste your money on a cheap under powered sander that won't last long with light use. Save your money and buy the Jet edge sander, plenty of power on that sander.
2 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2015
Unit is quite flimsy and required a lot of adjustment. Motor failed upon first use.
One person found this helpful
on May 1, 2015
I've had it for about 18 months now and use it for edge sanding drawer/door fronts and slide edges in a hobby cabinet shop. I didnt really care for it from the get go, because of its lack of power, but I decided to keep it because i was able to do what i needed to with it and didnt want to buy a more expensive unit. Well, when I use it I often bog the motor down even when only applying light horizontal pressure to the piece I'm sanding with a 120 grit belt. When using it today to sand the edge of 5/8" plywood smoke starting pouring from the motor so I shut it off and called Shop Fox's customer service. The rep. told me I couldn't bog the motor down and that I blew a capacitor. At least they are sending another capacitor under the 2 year warranty. I just don't see how I will be able to sand anything in the future without bogging it down some. Unless you just need to sand the edge of 1/4" plywood, do yourself a favor and spend a little extra on something with a little more horsepower.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.