Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

WAAAAAAA!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2009, 3:48:18 PM PDT
My K1 died! I didn't drop it or anything. Suddenly there were white and gray lines up and down the screen like an etch-a-sketch! Amazon was great, though. I've had the Kindle just one month over the one year warranty, so they're going to overnight a refurbished unit to me at no charge. If this one dies after 90 days, it will cost me $189 to replace. But hey, this is more than I expected. My husband is the bestest ever. He's going to let me use his Kindle tonight so I don't go completely bonkers. What a guy!

Posted on Apr 15, 2009, 4:20:09 PM PDT
P. M. H. says:
Oh Mother, what a sad tale - but with a great ending. :) My K1 toasted after a year and a couple of months and Amazon sent another one for $180. Actually it is the best one I ever had - very crisp pictures/letters. I have some problems at the very beginning so ended up seeing 3 different K1s early on. You should be happy with the new baby. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2009, 5:41:10 PM PDT
Thanks for your sympathies, PMH. I've been so careful with my K1. Always in it's Oberon case, never dropping it, transporting it in my big purse..... I was shocked! But the CS at Amazon were great. Overnighting the new kid was above and beyond the call of duty, I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2009, 6:06:39 PM PDT
Selena says:
aaargh Mother Beaver!!! so glad a refurbished one is on its way. And a thread title like that goes to the soul!!! : )

Posted on Apr 15, 2009, 8:27:51 PM PDT
...a thread title like that goes to making me think it's another thread by L. Bricker.

Glad that it ended well, MB!

Posted on Apr 16, 2009, 2:57:11 AM PDT
C. A. Swift says:
Glad it's working out well.

Posted on Apr 16, 2009, 6:05:53 AM PDT
Ann T. says:
hoorah!! So glad for you Mother Beaver...I have had my Kindle 1 for about 18 months and never had a problem ( knock on wood)...Here's hoping it keeps on keeping on!

Posted on Apr 16, 2009, 6:42:53 AM PDT
Diana says:
Good to hear, in one week my one year anniversary is here and I was getting worried should it break. I am also pleased they are still replacing K1s with K1s--I am still infatuated and don't want to switch.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer