Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker" and save 41% off the $64.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker
- Low Return Rate: 26% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "minipresso"
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact and featherweight: small, light and versatile handheld espresso machine with an innovative design and powerful extraction pressure for a rich and bold espresso. Comes equipped with built in espresso cup and scoop
- Grind your own beans to and get more control over your coffee preparation, resulting in a quality espresso shot that will please even the most sophisticated coffee aficionado ld espresso
- You can use any variety of coffee bean/roast, granting flexibility to try new flavors
- Efficient and easy to use semi-automatic piston that controls the amount of extracted coffee
- Does not require compressed air or N2O cartridges to function and is hand operated so that you can prepare your coffee drinks even when there's no electricity
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Minipresso GR is simple and intuitive to operate. Add ground coffee to the filter basket with the help of the integrated scoop. Apply slight pressure to level the grind. Add hot water into the water tank. Finally unlock from its travel position the piston and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract perfect espresso with generous crema.
MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker
Minipresso GR is the perfect portable espresso machine. Compact, lightweight and versatile, you may use any variety of coffee bean/roast, which will give you more flexibility in trying new flavors. Grinding your own beans will give you more control over your coffee preparation, resulting in a quality espresso shot that will please even the most sophisticated coffee aficionado.
Minipresso GR is your best choice to enjoy up to 50 ml of authentic espresso at home, in the office and on the go.
Enjoy a fresh espresso anytime, anywhere with the help of the Mind Reader Hand Held Portable Espresso Maker. This small device requires just your favorite freshly ground coffee beans and hot water. The pump inside does the rest, providing you with powerful, flavorful shots. Dimensions: 2.8W x 2.4D x6.9H in.. Made from plastic. Black in color. Hand operated. No batteries or electric power needed. Great for hiking.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All that being said, if you use the scoop to dump the grounds into the filter without tamping, you will have a great experience. The espresso has decent body and crema for a totally manual brewing method. Its very easy to travel with, and you can brew a shot in only a few seconds longer than it takes to boil the water. Sure, it only really brews 1 to 1.5 shots, but it is easy enough to repeat the process. I would buy this product again.
Operation is simple, and works as follows:
1) Disassemble entire device
2) Fill scoop, place filter basket on top, and turn over. Tap a few times to drop all grounds.
3) Remove scoop. Tap filter basket on counter to level the contents.
4) Place filter basket in grooves on housing, and screw on the nozzle-end of the minipresso.
5) Fill the water reservoir up to the line with boiling water. Carefully screw onto the bottom of the pump housing.
6) Invert minipresso, place over pre-heated espresso cup, and pump slowly.
7) Pressure will build. As the very first spurt of espresso is dispensed, I wait about 10 seconds and then continue pumping at a steady pace until pressure releases and espresso stops dispensing.
Standard clean-up involves carefully disassembling the device and rinsing each component with fresh water. There is no way to disassemble the nozzle end, so it will retain some amount of water. The best way I have found to flush this out is by pumping fresh water through. The minipresso does not like to pump if it cannot build pressure, so I stuff the filter basket with paper towels to provide resistance and then follow the directions above as if you were brewing. It is also useful to occasionally follow this process with vinegar (and then a few cycles of water) to descale the pump and nozzle.
-Quick, easy shot of espresso
-Impressive body/taste/crema for an inexpensive device
-Can be damaged if espresso is tamped
-It would be nice if the nozzle could be disassembled to allow for a more thorough cleaning
-Only makes about 1-1.5 shots at a time
If you are looking for an inexpensive way to make a quick shot of espresso, this is a great way to get it done. Small enough to fit in any bag, easy enough to operate and clean, and very consistent results. If you generally need more than 1-2 shots at a time or are interested in an increased level of control, you would probably find it easier to just invest in an entry-level pump-driven machine.
This really does make exceptional espresso. Give the plunger a press every 2 seconds and you’ll have delicious espresso in no time at all
It’s more of a watch-out. DO NOT TAMP THE GRINDS IN THE CUP... a little is ok just to event out the grinds but never never tamp with anything more than light pressure. Why? The pressure you build up is not sufficient to pass the water through packed grinds and you will build significant back pressure inside the container. Example: My wife and I came home to my teenage boys having broken my 1 day old MiniPresso because they tamped the grinds. What happens is the grids once firmly packed does not allow any air/water passage and you get a buildup of pressure. Then when you disassemble the main cap to inspect the inner grinds cap the pressure is great enough that it will crack and blow out the threads on the main cap to allow the pressure to release. Of course, no threads mean you can’t ever build pressure which is the foundation of this device (8 bars says Wacaco) rendering the entire device useless. So, I bought another one because this thing is that good... lesson learned and now my son owns a broken MiniPresso. No one said an education was ever free! hahaha poor guy. Anyway, you can see I bought two of them so that ought to say something to you
Get one. It's a great little device and make a nice cup of espresso for only $60. Watch YouTube videos on how to use the device, there are some good ones out there and you’ll learn how to use the device so you can enjoy your MiniPresso for a long long time. But, ignore the toolbag French guy video unless you are looking for a reason to hate on a biased jerk improperly using the device for the first time. Don’t know why I remember that but I do... and now you know about him too. ha! ok, stop reading. buy it and get on with things.
Some folks probably won't like having to pump and "work" this much for coffee, but convenience in form factor and size are the strongest attributes this unit has to offer. Easy to clean and store away with the retractable priming handle.
My only gripe with this is the drink cup is just pressed in and can knocked off easily while the water reserve cup is nicely twisted on with locking detents.
In summary, here are the pros and cons:
- Reasonable price
- Coffee it produces is as expected
- Seems to be pretty sturdily made. It's heftier than it seems.
- Some might think it's difficult to clean up, but actually it isn't. See my comments above.
- Only makes one really small shot each time
- If you fill water all the way up to the line as in the manual, hot water will come out when you screw the pump body onto the water cup.
- Colleagues think the squeezing action is hilarious
Most recent customer reviews
It works most excellent. We love it.Read more