Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Size Name: 24" (61 cm)|Color Name: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,290 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,378 reviews
on August 21, 2014
I haven't owned waxy laces before, but I wasn't expecting them to basically feel like fibrous wax. I would have rather bought some flat unwaxed laces, but couldn't find any in brown. These get the job done, and the shipping and packaging was fine. The 3 stars are for the product not being exactly what I want. If OrthoStep makes the type of laces I want in the future, I'd definitely consider them.

Update:

I posted this review about 30 minutes ago. I just got a call from OrthoStep, who wanted to address my concerns. THIRTY MINUTES to address customer feedback, and they're sending me a different pair of unwaxed laces. Talk about customer service! They've now reached the "I'll seek them out as a seller" tier of customer loyalty.
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Well..its not often you get down in the dirt to review shoelaces but here goes. I've bought a few pairs of men's dress shoes lately that come with the very thin waxed shoelaces. Problem is the shoelaces will not stay tight no matter what you do. Solution look on amazon or other places to seek solutions. These shoe laces work and stay tied. Very good product, I will buy some more for spares in various lengths. Good product
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
These laces have a waxy out layer on them. This really helps them stay laced up. They never come untied. My original laces on my steel toe shoes broke. So I decided to give these a try. So glad I did as these are way better than the laces that came with the shoes. They just stay laced up and nice and tight. These are worth every penny and I will only be buying these in the future for my steel toe shoes.
on January 23, 2016
I'm the kind of person who, when my shoe laces break or get worn out, I just toss the shoes in a closet and buy new ones... Then, when the closet gets full, I start putting them into the closet in my husbands "office" room (don't tell him). Actually I had one pair of boots (Doc Martens) that I wore everyday for five years and I think I replaced the shoe laces once... but my most recent and new favorite pair of Dockers were too nice to stash in the office closet so I sought Amazon for replacement shoe laces.

I came quickly came to find OrthoStep Waxed VERY THIN Dress Round Blacks. Ok. They're very thin. Are my current laces very thin? I wasn't sure but I took a gamble and ordered these. While they're thinner than the ones I had prior, they're actually incredibly tough and feel high quality - in fact, the issue with the old pair I had was that the outer fabric was separated from the inner tube and it was all down hill from there. That simply cannot happen with these simply because they're thinner. Score!

They look very great with nice shiny brown Dockers - I prefer the thin look over the standard thickness. In regards to choosing the right size, Amazon's sizing chart was a little confusing, so I did a quick web search and found a site that translated "number of eyelets to centimeters". It was as simple as counting the eyelets on my shoes and picking the matching size in CM's - they fit PERFECTLY.

Wearing them - simply put, they're easy to tie and stay tied very well throughout the day (I typically tie them once in the morning around 6AM and don't take them off until about 12 hours later - they've never come untied for me).

The best thing about these shoelaces though? Two Pack! So when one of them eventually breaks down and needs replaced, I'm already covered. Can't beat that!
on February 29, 2016
5-STARS, no doubt!

Excellent dress shoe laces. I have 5-hole Rockports and they work great. I bought 45", which I have decided might be a bit long for these shoes, but that's my own fault. I think I will hit radio shack and get some wire shrink wrap tabs and shorten these up just a bit.

The quality is much better than the cheap laces you might by at Walmart, and these are better priced, especially if you are a prime member. Very quick delivery, and very responsive company, reaching out to me to make sure I'm happy with the product. Will buy these again.

Follow-up: So even though it was my mistake ordering the wrong length, as soon as they saw my review, they immediately sent out another pair of laces to me at no charge. I can't speak highly enough about OrthoStep laces!

Thanks!
JRM
on January 2, 2015
These are by far the best shoe laces for dress shoes one can buy for (not much) money.
My husband has several pairs of beautiful shoes that he wears to the office or to events. A couple of pairs were handmade, and they've lasted over 10 years now. However, the shoe laces don't have that kind of longevity, so I had been looking for thin, waxed laces in great quality. Well, those are the ones...
I very highly recommend both the high quality product and the seller..!!
on September 8, 2017
These laces are GREAT! they have singlehandedly kept my shoes on my feet BOTH days I have worn them so far. This is well beyond my expectations. On top of that, they are Very Thin, Grey, and Waxed.

I am not sure that they are properly orthotically tuned for my feet as that part of the instruction manual was vague, but my shoes, feel, and soul feel great!
on March 10, 2015
These are very nice shoelaces. They seem very durable. I would say, on my monitor, they are ever-so-slightly lighter in color than the picture, but well within reason. I honestly expect the laces to last over a year. Given that the package includes two laces, I suspect I now have enough laces to outlast the shoes I put them on (some Sebagos in a color impossible to find matching laces for -- this was as close as I could get). I would definitely buy these laces again.
on February 4, 2017
I needed blue shoelaces for a pair of blue dress shoes I'd bought years ago. The originals finally broke. Colored dress shoelaces (especially blue) are nearly impossible to find for some reason. I've checked many different stores. And I live in a fairly large metropolis.

I am fairly pleased with these. They feel extremely durable. A tad stiff, which I presume is to be expected with new laces. I'm sure they'll wear in over time.

The color is not 100% the same - but that is not a flaw with the laces. These shoes are challenging due to the somewhat unique hue of blue they are. I checked dozens of merchants on Amazon and these were the closest (so I knew what I was buying).

Very pleased with the lace quality and appearance. Would definitely buy again if needed.
on May 19, 2017
These laces are very thin. Exactly what I was looking for to replace broken laces in a pair of dress shoes. I have had trouble finding laces this small in the past. They are very well made and seem to be extremely strong. If thin laces are what you are looking for, these are the ones to get.