WCW Vs. NWO World Tour
- WCW vs nWo: World Tour is a professional wrestling video game released in 1997 for the Nintendo 64 game console.
- Awarded the title of "Fighting Game of the Year" by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.
- Over a million copies sold!! [It is the second best-selling wrestling game for the N64 console]
- In-game weapons include a steel chair, half a wooden folding table, a black baseball bat, and a barbed wire bat
- Acclaimed grappling system, in which all moves are started by holds.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
WCW vs nWo: World Tour is a professional wrestling video game released in 1997 for the Nintendo 64 game console. In addition to single, tag team, handicap, and battle royal, match modes not seen in future releases include a WCW versus nWo tournament, round-robin tournament, and league tournaments more familiar to Japanese wrestling. Unlike today's wrestling games, World Tour features no create-a-wrestler mode, story mode, or ring entrances and has a limited amount of actual WCW wrestlers. It also makes no reference to championship belts and, upon the successful completion of a tournament, shows an illustration of a fist raising a gold trophy. A championship belt creation feature was touted prior to the game's release, but this was ultimately scrapped. Players can also attempt the "league challenge" in which a player must defeat several wrestlers from a given "promotion" in a row. Doing so allows a player to compete for that promotion's championship against a hidden character: Diamond Dallas Page (WCW), Wrath (DOA), Glacier (IOU), Randy Savage (NWO). Once a player has earned every championship they unlock "World Wide Wrestling" a longer challenge consisting of wrestlers from all four promotions. The championship match being against another hidden character: Joe Bruiser (a caricature of Muhammad Ali).