- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR (November 26, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130606375
- ISBN-13: 978-0130606372
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.1 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,374,985 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
WDM Optical Networks: Concepts, Design, and Algorithms
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
From the Back Cover
The complete, example-based guide to advanced WDM networks.
- WDM technology
- WDM network architecture, protocols, and routing
- WDM network design, provisioning, and survivability
- Next-generation IP-over-WDM optical Internets
Wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) and wavelength routing are rapidly becoming the technologies of choice in network infrastructure that must accommodate unprecedented, accelerating demand for bandwidth. WDM Optical Networks: Concepts, Design, and Algorithms provides practicing engineers, students, and researchers with a systematic, up-to-date introduction to the fundamental concepts, challenges, and state-of-the-art developments in WDM optical networks. The authors rely extensively on real-world examples and draw on the latest research to cover optical network design and provisioning in far greater depth than any other book. Coverage includes:
- WDM advantages: increased usable bandwidth, reduced processing cost, protocol transparency, and efficient failure handling
- Architecture and routing in wavelength-convertible networks
- In-depth coverage of wavelength routing and rerouting algorithms
- Virtual topology design and reconfiguration
- Ensuring network survivability: practical design and provisioning techniques
- Optical multicast routing: node architecture, tree generation, and virtual source-based trees
- Previewing and planning for next-generation IP-over-WDM optical Internets
- Includes extensive directory of Web resource links
Focusing primarily on WDM technology, WDM Optical Networks will be invaluable to every network engineer, technical manager, researcher, and student involved with the design or implementation of advanced WDM networks.
About the Author
C. SIVA RAM MURTHY is Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India. He holds a Ph.D. Degree from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and is co-author of Parallel Computers: Architecture and Programming, New Parallel Algorithms for Direct Solution of Linear Equations, and Resource Management in Real-Time Systems and Networks.
MOHAN GURUSAMY, Teaching Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, holds a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. His research interests include optical networks, mobile networks, and parallel/distributed computing.
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
Top customer reviews
Any reader with some background in linear programming and queueing theory sould be able to enjoy this book tremendously.