|Item Weight||39.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||22 x 11 x 12.5 inches|
|Item model number||6502|
|Size||4 x 6 in. (Cast Iron Base)|
|Style||Cast Iron Base (4 x 6 in.)|
|Power Source||Electrical Plug|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||2 years|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
WEN 6502 4 x 36-Inch Belt and 6-Inch Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base
|Price:||$79.50 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Two-in-one sanding machine includes both a 4-by-36 inch belt and a 6-by-6 inch disc
- Belt tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees
- Sturdy cast iron base prevents any heavy vibrations
- 4.3 Amp motor provides up to 3600 RPM
- Tension release lever provides for simple changes to sandpaper grit
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
- 4-inch-by-36-inch Belt
- 6-inch Sanding Disc
- Beveling Work Table
- Extended Safety Guard
- 2.25-inch Dust Port
- Miter Gauge
- Two-year Warranty
WEN 4 x 36-Inch Belt Disc Sander
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The WEN Belt Disc Sander easily sands, smooths and removes all of the jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber. With a 4.3 amp 1/2 HP motor, users should anticipate enough power to prevent this machine from bogging down under a large load. Changing the spacious 4-inch-by-36-inch belt is a breeze, so you'll have the power to switch and replace sand paper grits as needed without wasting any time. The belt also tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the needs of your particular workpiece while the heavy cast-iron base prevents vibrations. With all of this in addition to the 6-inch sanding disc, you'll have the capacity to sand whatever your heart desires.
Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Base
The sturdy cast iron base prevents wobbling and walking, ensuring the sander stays in one place while sanding.
Tilt the belt from a horizontal to a vertical position or anywhere in between depending on the needs of your project.
Dust Collection Port
Attach your favorite dust collector to the 2.5-inch dust port to minimize clean-up of saw dust and debris.
Spacious Table with Miter Gauge
The sanding disc is accompanied by a support table equipped with 0 to 45° beveling capabilities and a removable miter gauge.
Extended Blade Guard for Added Safety
Our extended blade guard helps guide excess saw dust into the collection spout while also stopping unwanted objects such as long hair or fingers from getting trapped in the belt. The guard doubles as a stop for the wood to maximize control and precision during operation.
Compare to similar items
This item WEN 6502 4 x 36-Inch Belt and 6-Inch Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||POWERTEC USA||Industrial Discount Kings||FastoolNow||Industrial Discount Kings||Amazon.com|
|Included Components||—||bare-tool; attachments||bare-tool||stand||stand||bare-tool|
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The WEN Belt Disc Sander easily sands, smooths and removes all of the jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber. With a 4.3 amp 1/2 HP motor, users should anticipate enough power to prevent this machine from bogging down under a large load. Changing the spacious 4-inch-by-36-inch belt is a breeze, so you’ll have the power to switch and replace sand paper grits as needed without wasting any time. The belt also tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the needs of your particular workpiece while the heavy cast-iron base prevents vibrations.
With all of this in addition to the 6-inch side disc, you’ll have the capacity to sand whatever your heart desires. The sanding disc is accompanied by a sturdy cast-aluminum work table. This package also includes an 80-grit sanding disc, an 80-grit sanding belt, a miter gauge for steady sanding on angled edges, a stop bar for safety and control, and a 2.25 inch dust port to connect a dust extractor. And because this is a WEN Product, your purchase comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled experienced technicians, and a helpful customer service line all to make sure that you remember WEN.
Top Customer Reviews
The main reason it only received two stars is because it struggled to sand some of the larger pieces I was working on, eventually coming to a stop. After about 20 minutes of working I heard a loud pop and the belt wouldn't turn, even under zero load. If I used my hand to get the belt going, the motor would eventually kick in and turn the belt, but it would be so slow it wouldn't be useful. After letting it sit for a bit, I opened it up and found a blown capacitor.
Being as I had only had this sander about an hour before discovering the blown capacitor, I opted for an exchange. Amazon was great in getting me a new sander in about 2 days. I will be careful to not put the new one under such a heavy load.
For the price, it is a great sander, I would recommend it for someone with limited shop space. Just make sure to watch your load.
* Heavy. This thing is really heavy. Love it!!! It won't move around though I have mine screwed to the table top.
* The belt stays right where I adjusted it, even while sanding. My old one, the belt would move all over the place.
* Strong lever for the belt. Once it is put in place, it keeps the belt nice and tight.
* The table for the disc sander is really close and can be changed to various angles
* Pull plug on the power switch so the tool cannot be turned on by accident or by little fingers
* Rest for the belt against the body of the machine is steel and able to support some pressure on the belt. This is nice so that the pivot point is not worn out.
WHAT BOTHERS ME
* The dust collection is up front. I have it mounted on the table and use the large belt mostly. From the side I'll use the disc. So from the picture, I use it rotated counter-clockwise 90 degrees. In this configuration the dust collection hole is right up front. So the hose has to reach around the whole thing. In the normal configuration it is still out the side. I would have liked the hole to be on the opposite side of the disk.
* Lack of a table for the large belt. The little metal guard just doesn't do it for me. I'll figure out how to get a table there as I keep the belt vertical all the time. I don't use it lying down like in the picture.
* Angle of table cannot be changed accurately. Use a measuring device, don't trust the indicators on the side.
* The angle slide that goes on the table is a really cheap plastic. Everything on this machine is iron and built tough except for that one thing.