Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? for Kids
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 19, 2005
My children have had to deal with tremendous unexpected changes in our lives as our home was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. One day we were in a home and my four year olds were just getting settled into school. The next day we were living 500 miles away from home, their home was destroyed, and they were placed in new schools. This story was perfect in explaining to them that change happens to everyone. Sometimes these changes are very unexpected. If we are willing to embrace change we can make this change an opportunity rather than a tragedy. Wonderful principles to teach to kids. My wife and I learned from it also.
on June 20, 2003
At last, "Who Moved My Cheese?" has found its target audience--children.
It is a simple parable that illustrates the natural tendency to resist change. The uncertainty that generally accompanies change provides a level of discomfort that some try to escape. Rather than take the necessary steps for change, some people cling to old notions and actions that produce little or no results.
These are good concepts to learn at an early age, as long as it is undertood that reducing such a simple little concept into practice is the hard part. Knowing that we need to "search around the maze for new cheese" doesn't help much, without guidelines for determining when we are "moving around the maze" or simply "sitting at the cheese station."
Hopefully, parents can provide some insight where the book doesn't.
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2004
I am a fan of the adult version of this book, so when I saw it came out in a children's version, I had to have it. We're a military family, so change is one constant in our lives. We're about to make a move which will be the first one my 5 year old daughter is really aware of. I introduced this book to her, and even though she doesn't quite understand the real meaning of the story, I'm hoping it will be a way to remind her that change is a good thing. She'll already have the lessons tucked away in her mind, so hopefully when she's in the midst of a change, it will mean something to her. The pictures are wonderful, as is the story. My kids love it and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is dealing with change. It's an optimistic view of whatever changes come into our lives.
on March 31, 2005
I use this version of the story with my Autistic students--even the older ones. One of the primary difficulties that people with Autism have is dealing with changes. This gives me a vocabulary and means to talk with my students about change and helps them to see that change can be positive. When they are experiencing change and can communicate about how they feel, they are better able to deal with the changes and see how they are a part of the change. A must have for all teachers of all ages.
on March 7, 2010
I read this book to some of the 4 and 5 year-olds in the preschool classroom I am currently working at and I was surprised at how much some of them enjoyed it. Some of the children were begging me to read it over and over and over. The book is quite long compared to other books for children this age range so I was very surprised when it kept their attention. I don't think that the message of the book is very understandable for most children of this age, but they enjoy the pictures and predicting what will happen next in the story. One of the kids in my class even borrowed this one because he wanted to share it with his grandma.
on November 2, 2012
I used the book for childrens group where I work. I work for A Center for Grieving Children. We have children's group for divorce/separation and death. There are a lot of changes that go on with those groups. The little ones liked the book but didn't get the concept but the olders ones did. I will use this book in the future for these groups. It puts over the point of adjusting to changes in our lives.
on September 17, 2005
My husband had been given the adult version of this book a few years ago when a new young VP came into power at his company. Our 4 year old is an old soul who likes things the same, day in, day out. We bought it for him. It's wonderful. He enjoyed it and it helps open up dialog about the changes in his little world. And it's realy funny when Dad reads it!
on January 11, 2007
My kids love this book. For my 5 year old it's just about some mice and small people. My nine year old gets it. When we read this book at bedtime I don't have to read another because they both love this book. It is a must have for anyone wanting their kids to develop "just do it" attitudes.
on July 28, 2015
My kids love this book, but it is really for my employees. I'm trying to get my kids to understand the value of a great work ethic and positive attitude while they are young. This story is a good metaphor for both children and adults.
on July 1, 2015
I borrowed this book from the library for my 6yo. She loved it and was very excited when she opened a box and found her own copy inside. She asks for the book often. Sometimes I read it to her. Sometimes she reads it to me. Mostly we take turns reading it out loud to each other. I love that the story line has been modified and made tangible to children. It opens the dialogue for what their, "cheese" is, how to go about obtaining it, obstacles, and plain ol' getting out of your own way.