|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$10.95|
Save $10.95 (100%)
WICK (Wick Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 198 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- As you get farther and farther into the book, it becomes painstakingly obvious that this book is nothing more than a relentless ramble about Bunker's ideology. Yes we get that you like to live off-the-grid, yes we get that you shun consumerism, yes we get that you are anti-government, but when the main character and every character that we meet along the way keeps going on and on and on about the same topics, it quickly starts to get annoying. In short, I felt that I was being preached to. Hell, I even agree with pretty much all of the ideologies in the book and yet I still found the never-ending monologues about them irritating.
- Repetitive and unimaginative writing. There are some great passages in the book but seeing "Cheryl. Sweet Cheryl. Cheryl" written across the page all 1000 times that the main character is about to die gets tiring. Bunker also like to overuse certain techniques/phrases when describing a character's actions - "Not since Mark Antony has X character done blah blah blah", followed by, "Not since Plato has, X character done blah blah blah" followed by "Not since Cicero has X character blah blah blah".
- Finally, the premise of the book is utterly ridiculous and unbelievable, and not in a good way. I won't post any spoilers in case you're still wanting to find out for yourself. If you are looking for a good sci-fi book, I suggest that you don't. Instead, read Wool by Hugh Howey if you haven't already.
A fast, but very deep read - it combines the best of Sinclair Lewis and James Howard Kunstler in a truly great read that will both engage you and challenge you to think- and choose wisely.
I am buying this one for myself come the publication date, as well as copies for friends. Just WOW. This one is truly a keeper - buy it and tell your friends! (I also suggest you get "The Last Pilgrims" by the same author - it is another great read.)
Another part that stuck out is the voice of the characters. They all sounded the same. They might have had a somewhat different viewpoint on certain things, but it wasn't enough to convince me that they were individuals. I also think that the young people spoke beyond the level of their ages. Other issues I had was that the speeches were too long, and there was a lot of repeated things, also.
In my opinion, I think this story is okay. There is a cliffhanger. Actually, nothing gets resolved, and I'm disappointed by this. I feel some things should be resolved in a story. Everything doesn't have to be, but I think it's important to have a completed story with some information tied up. This book just stops, and for me, that's not good.
Mr. Bunker is a great writer. The sentences flowed really well, with minimal grammatical mistakes. Kindle formatting was perfect. No big spaces. Perfect indention.
Unfortunately, with the cliffhangers being a huge factor for me, I will not be venturing into the second book.
I am still in the process of reading it, but I am throughly enjoying this book. The characters are richly constructed, as the main character meets and leaves new people, I am sorry to see them go and hope they show up again.
The pace of the story has kept me almost addicted.The prose is easy to read and the story develops smoothly. I can't wait to find out what happens but I don't want the story to end!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A very imaginal,but realistic potrayal of possible future events. I identifyed with the main character (s).Published 18 days ago by JackKnepp
I stopped reading when the Sam Eliot-like character got on the rich guy's helicopter--didn't care where he was headed. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Lyn Lutrzykowski
Started out as an interesting travelogue with a thriller twist, then it changed to some weird Russian conspiracy plot.Published 1 month ago by pink lady
Good plot and character development. The description of the cold future we may have was sobering. Thanks for writing thisPublished 1 month ago by tim
It took a little bit for me to get into the story, but I read book 1 in only two days. At first, the story felt like it was going to be boring, then it got a little more... Read morePublished 1 month ago by BlackRoseHeart
I read the preface and even purchases a couple of the books mentioned, to get a grasp on the historical aspect. This is a prequel.Published 4 months ago by Mom in Missouri
MB-CA co- wrote this novel about a hurricane that floods New York City and describe a young man who is trying to escape to his old home. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I think this is a prequel and I haven't read the other books, but I finished reading the book and then felt kind of empty, like I didn't understand the ending. Read morePublished 9 months ago by debra schwartz
This starts off with a young man deciding, in the aftermath of some nasty disabling storms including Hurricane Sandy, to abandon the city of New York and return to his roots--an... Read morePublished 9 months ago by D. Wolf
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine