Are you sick of debt collector harassment? You don’t have to put up with it! Learn your rights, how to recognize the illegal tactics and tricks debt collectors regularly use, how best to communicate with debt collectors, and how to fight back and stop harassment.
Reviews“The Guides are easy to read. The ideas presented are sound, well thought-through, and worthwhile. Careful study of the guides can get you (or anyone) into a better spot and make you more finance-savvy.”
- Curt Dederich, followed the "Your Money or Your Life" plan to retire from paid employment at 41, debt-free, then on to manage “The Sunshine Time Foundation,” and later, be a stay-at-home dad"The Simple Guide Series is packed full of useful, helpful and simple information that anyone can understand. Before you spend hours reading through thick finance books, do yourself a favor and fly through this quick series. These guides may be short, but they’re packed with timeless information!"
- Kalen Bruce, founder of MoneyMiniBlog (moneyminiblog.com), debt-free family man and seasoned finance/productivity writer.
You have debts you can’t pay, and debt collection agents are doing their best to make your life miserable. Threatening letters clog your mailbox, phone calls and texts at all hours monopolize your phone, and one collector even impersonated a friend and posted an embarrassing message on your timeline! You have been threatened with lawsuits, liens, wage garnishment, and bank account seizures. You keep telling the collectors that you have no money to pay, but they don’t believe it and call you a deadbeat. Your stress level is through the roof, you feel like a failure, and your job performance and personal relationships are suffering.
Armed with the information in this Guide, you can fight back against debt collectors, protect your rights, stop illegal tactics, and avoid mistakes that can prolong harassment. You may even be able to turn the tables and force the debt collector to pay you
a settlement! You’ll be able to sleep again at night, and you will rediscover the dignity and pride debt collectors have worked so hard to strip from you.
This Simple Guide teaches past due debtors their rights, how to defend those rights, and when and how to communicate with debt collectors.
Debt collectors routinely take advantage of debtors’ ignorance of their rights, flaunt the law that restricts their collection activities, and rely on intimidation and harassment to try to squeeze payments out of debtors.
After reading this Guide you will know:
- Which common tactics used by debt collectors are illegal
- When it’s to your advantage to communicate with a debt collector, and how to control that communication
- How to avoid being tricked into breathing new life into a debt that’s about to become legally uncollectable
- How to fight back against law-breaking debt collectors, even turning the tables and suing for damages!
If you owe a legitimate debt, the holder of the debt has the legal right to try to collect. But illegal debt collection tactics take a toll on your health, relationships, and peace of mind. After reading this Guide you will feel empowered to take confidently simple steps to defend yourself against punishing and demeaning debt collection tactics.
The Simple Guides to Debt, Credit, and WealthThis is one of five Guides that comprise the Simple Guides to Debt, Credit, and Wealth series.
Please buy this Guide individually or as part of the value-priced package of all five Simple Guides, also available in the Kindle Store.You’ll be amazed how easy it can be to improve your finances, cut your stress, and live a better quality of life--right through your retirement years!