Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Flavor: Magic Tea Chest|Change

Showing 1-10 of 312 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 341 reviews
on January 30, 2017
Most of the teas are very average. The Nana tea tastes and smells like Spearmint oil. I am sure they added spearmint oil to make it more fragrant. The berry blossom tea reeks of artificial berry flavor. The Earl Grey has too much bergamot essence. The English breakfast is the only one I really liked. The chamomile is strictly average because the bags are filled with highly ground chamomile which means they probably used the cheap quality chamomile.
on April 20, 2017
I love Wissotzky tea. I had the tea when in Israel and wanted it here. So when I saw a tea box, which I had been wanted for years, I ordered this. Well, the tea is great, which is why I gave it 3 stars. The box is CRAP. I opened it up and the lid came right off the hinges. TOTALLY disappointed. I expected a better product from Wissotzky. Get the tea...forget the box!
on January 11, 2013
I had been doing the proverbial (sounds better than cliche) "surfing" of the net looking for a quality tea assortment for someone incredibly dear to me. Let me first disclose, however, that I am a male, and typically my decisions - unless there is a degree of planning and research - are hasty and off the mark by the time they get to their target. I guess being a poor mind reader is part of being male, but then there are so many folks who have taken the time to write excellent reviews about the product online that there is really no way I can go wrong in the end.

This thing is a better price than many of the other branded Tea products out there, and I don't know much about Wissotzky (in fact I did not know they were in Israeli brand as I was gifting it to someone who was a child of the Persian Revolution of the Carter era).

All I know is that I purchased a gift that comes with ninety different tea bags for a price that's much better than many of the other tea dealer-type retail stores that seem to put more into fritzy marketing and high-rent retail locations to build a brand than this company. I have a discriminating taste when it comes to other drinks - typically beers and wines - but tea is not my strong point. That said the recipient of my gift in fact claimed this was much more tasty and the box is fantastically arranged and well thought out. It may be some sort of stained softwood (maybe something else other than mahogany - but it did have a nice stain to it), because the JANKA rating of mahogany, proper, would not dent or ding (only one, Amazon) in shipment.

The main things that separate this product from the others are, as I see it, as follows:

1) The tea is from Isreal. That means a religious leader had to bless this for coming from a clean place that adheres to standards of quality and cleanliness that not every manufacturer does. It's like these Rabbis naming this stuff Kashrut are our food-chain-of-custody experts that ensure consumable goods meet Kosher standards. That says something! Seriously, all Kosher, very important as I see it.
2) The company's been in business for like 150 years plus. Tea brokers come and go. Tea retailers come and go. Then there are folks like Wissotzky here who stay in the biz and sort and cull and provide some quality teas to folks who can appreciate them around the world. Yeah, we got Lipton and stuff, and they've been around. But they're probably owned by Nestle now. Go team Wissotzky!

2) The case is nice and makes a great gift box as well as a photo stuffing box that looks pretty. Having been a wood buyer earlier in my career I was very confident that while what I received was nicely done, wrapped, and pretty, this wasn't that hard mahogany you get in a door or anything like that. The JANKA rating was certainly close to something like North American softwood. BUT THE TEA is what this about, and not some silly case.

3) Few manufacturers deliver both "pretty" and "tasty" in one product. Usually the prettiest box of whatever you're getting has the most horrid tasting product inside. So pretty box means making up for something inside that doesn't taste so pretty (my opinion). Just stop and think about the ground and hammered potato chips we buy in cans. Cool cans! Not so cool product. And here's another, "Cool car; not so cool a guy." But here we have a product that is really not overcompensating for itself by putting a product in a nice box and selling it. Hell, every other tea company is, so finally a quality tea company has, out of necessity to follow suit. GREAT PRESENTATION, GREAT TEA (according tor resident tea expert), and GREAT VALUE AND QUALITY.

4) Most importantly the aesthetics and the fact that this was really good tea enabled me to endear myself closer to this person in my life who absolutely adores tea. It showed that I was a thoughtful fellow who bought this lady something I don't like that much, but she does. And it came in that fancy box which in this case really set me apart from my normal mode of delivering such grocery items - it funky little boxes that have the best price and usually a banged up box.

Great job Wissotzky - seriously a great product, and I'm not knockin' you guys on the wood, because I'm not a scientist or a wood expert or any such person, and after all you guys do tea, your customers drink tea, and hopefully when this American fad of teashops slows down and the angel investors take their money out of these funky little retail stores gone crazy, we'll get back to what quality tea is and not the "clothing" it has to wear to sell itself.
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2017
could be a great product because the set is pretty and the options of tea is outrageous. too bad the box is cheap and broke in half before it arrived
on December 23, 2009
I ordered this Wissotzky Tea Box for a business associate (and close friend)who lives in another state. Not only did it arrive early (thank you), but following is the email I received directly from my friend: "The wooden box is beautiful and I am going to save it always for my tea-even when the tea runs out. It has a beautiful latch and hinges and great art work. It is perfect. I love the tea selection. I am going to use the tea and box for my Christmas brunch for my family." It is so reassuring to send a gift (without seeing it) and know it will be a quality purchase.
on December 27, 2015
I purchased this as a gift for my mother, as I am not a tea drinker. After trying two flavors within the box, she told me, "This is some of the best tea I've had all year...and it came in a magic box"! The tea quality is allegedly great, coming from a tea-loving-mother, and the box it comes in has a bit of an exotic look to it, although it is of common quality wood with a semi-glossy clear coat. 10/10 gift item, the box includes a slip of paper directing you to Wissotzky's online store which holds many more flavor options.

p.s. Even though I dislike tea, I tried the English tea and found it very bearable.
on February 15, 2015
Did not include some of the teas that were advertised to be in it.
on June 3, 2017
EXCELLENT ITEM - really nice as a gift for tea lovers. The wood is a little more orange than pictured but still has that cherry wood color that dominates. Well made and well packaged. Was very happy with everything and the product is really just as shown.
on April 13, 2015
The expiration date on the tea is three months from now, so that means this was sitting in the warehouse for a long time or this tea is just naturally does not have a very long shelf life? In any event, product ok but the expiration date being so soon doesn't fare well for me giving this as a gift for a birthday in May when it expires in July, but I have no choice now, too late to mess with asking for a new one, which may have the same problem.
on January 22, 2016
This was actually a gift some some ladies in an office... I was looking for something like tea or coffe, than you know not everyone likes coffee... truth is not everyone likes tea either, but for an office this is the best choice you can make. GREAT selection, elegant in the presentation, simple and a really good price too. The ladies where all happy! :) You can't possibly want more. I am very pleased and satisfied and I will definitely buy it again for myself or for another present.