Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on May 13, 2012
I got this for our two year old niece and she absolutely loves it. She had a birthday party and I saw a six year old playing with it and liking it too. Her grandpa is an electric guitar player, so she's seen a lot of guitar playing and wouldn't be fooled by something that isn't played like a real guitar. A few of the features that make this one stand out:

- A strap! Most of the play guitars out there don't have one, so the child ends up putting the guitar on the floor and pushing the buttons. One word of caution though - be sure to get in the habit of putting the strap over one shoulder & under the opposite arm and NOT around the neck like a necklace. When the child starts walking around and climbing, it could easily get twisted around the neck. But there's no problem at all when the strap is put on properly. My niece is pretty little, so we tied a knot in the back of the strap to adjust to her size.

- Volume control. Most other play guitars have an annoyingly high volume with no adjustments. This has a low, medium and high volume, and even the high isn't as bad as some of the toys out there.

- Strings. Some other play guitars only have buttons. For my niece, who has seen how a guitar is played a million times, she needs to strum. Guitars are for strumming, not pushing buttons. The strings need to be pushed pretty hard to make noise, but she got the hang of it.

- Better than normal songs. Even Santana is on the song list. There's one song per color-coded button on the neck of the guitar.
review image
on January 27, 2012
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my 3 year old son. He loves it, he carries all over the house playing it. It plays preprogrammed songs and there is a mode for playing your own songs. It''s a great toy.
on November 28, 2012
I bought this online intending to give it to my daughter for her second birthday. The box on the product says it is for ages 2+ but I agree with some of the previous reviewers that this is too small even for a young two year old. I decided she would be disappointed with it and am returning it unopened.
on December 11, 2012
This is a good guitar for a 2 year old. A child a little younger could probably use it. A 3 y/o will also like it, which is what I purchased it for. It is a bit on the small side and the strings don't always play when you strum them, but the fact that they are 'strings' on a toy guitar is great. This is still in the box because it is a Christmas present, so it might be due to this, but I cannot figure out how to get the guitar to play manually, without going into a prerecorded song.
on August 21, 2013
The musics, the lights, chords that actually play music when you hit different strings and also the little red bar that makes it sound like a real rock star!!
on November 23, 2013
I didn't receive what was pictured. The guitar does what it's described to do, but it is not the correct color. The description reads, "Updated with a new Fire and Ice look featuring a translucent blue guitar and red and blue LED lights inside." Our guitar is a solid green colored one. Since my son has already seen it, I can't send it back. I wish I had received the one in the picture.
on April 30, 2013
The guitar is lovely but small. I like it though, it makes nice sounds and is durable. I don't think it will break easily though the plastic is transparent and the guitar looks fancy. My son plays with it often and I am happy with the purchase.
on April 19, 2013
If you have more than one kid, take my advice and make sure they each have their own or invest in earplugs or all you'll hear is "Hey that's mine!" or "It's my turn!"
on March 12, 2014
Kiddo enjoys making a racket with it, but I wish it did more than just play pre-programmed songs. I was hoping for something that let him actually push buttons to make notes. On the upside the songs are way less annoying than most of the stuff blasting out of kids toy and it has held up well to some pretty serious toddler abuse.
on December 23, 2012
My son loves playing with it but it's not as fun for me. I wish the strings were a little easier to strum. They have to be pulled pretty hard to activate the switch that plays their corresponding sound.