WORK THE FUTURE! TODAY: Finding your path to purpose, passion and profit Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "It's in these times of great transition, that true leaders emerge. Work The Future! Today offers comprehensive insights into how we got here, how we can all step up, and what to do next... to make real, positive change happen. More than a clarion call, this book offers a wealth of perspectives and actionable inspiration that's much needed in the chaos/opportunity of the early 21st century. I invite every entrepreneur, leader, and visionary to read this book so we can all make positive change happen." ~ Ben Gioia, #1 Best Selling Author of Influence With A Heart
- "Highly recommended. We are moving into a new period that require new stories and new symbols. Charles Grantham, and his co-author Whitney Vosburgh, are the best guides and coaches for those who want to take advantage of this new period." ~ John Fraim, Author of Battle of Symbols
- "If you want to improve and stay ahead of the curve without losing your soul, this is the book! Charlie and Whitney expand beyond Simon Sinek's "Start with Why" and argue convincingly that place should have a purpose, too." ~ Rebecca Ryan, Author of Regeneration: A Manifesto for America's Next Leaders
- "Whitney and Charlie have crystallized how much Purpose is the driving force behind the passion I was able to generate with my community engagement work. Align your company with people's higher purpose and deep engagement will follow." ~ Mark Finnern, Founder of Playful Enterprise, and former Chief Community Evangelist, SAP
- "WTF! describes how crossing the chasm between old and new is going to require people to get clear on personal purpose, and links that to the purposes of their workplace and larger social community." ~ Gabriella Lettini, Ph.D., Dean of the Faculty of Starr King School for the Ministry, Graduate Theological Union, and Author of Soul Repair: Recovering from Moral Injury After War
- "Work The Future! Today presents an inspiring alternative to the typical workplace where too often it is like going to jail and with similarly unproductive results. Vosburgh and Grantham show how to transform the workplace so that it embodies the shared purpose of all its stakeholders. Follow their refreshing approach and everything changes for the better--productivity, work place satisfaction, and, yes, even profitability." ~ Ralph "Jake" Warner, Co-founder and former Executive Chairman of Nolo Press, pioneer of the self-help law movement, and author of many books including "Retire Happy"
- "Looks like the perfect follow up on my "Thrivability: Breaking through to a World that Works" book. Congratulations. I love it." ~ Jean Russell, Co-Founder of Thrivable Futures Inc., and Author of Thrivability: Breaking through to a World that Works
- "Work The Future! Today shows leaders how to co-create communities where people want to be. Whitney and Charlie cut a new path to help leaders see blind spots and where old thinking limits their community's potential." ~ Trina Hoefling, Author of Working Virtually: Transforming the Mobile Workplace, and Co-founder, The SMART Workplace and Virtual Workplace University
- "The book looks really wonderful! Many of the issues that my coalition, Napa Vision 2050, has dealt with in organizing and moving forward to involve citizens in our future, particularly community fabric and watersheds--are covered in the book. There is so much about community building now, and that makes me hopeful, even in this very dark period." ~ Patricia Damery, Community Organizer, Jungian Analyst, and Author of Farming Soul: A Tale of Initiation
From the Author
- Purpose--the why of our lives and the gifts we have to offer.
- Place--with whom and where to best share those gifts.
- Practice--how and when to best share those gifts.
- Our book provides people with a pathway to accomplish these things in life, in the workplace, and in their communities.
- We help clients to heal the past, release the future, and create harmony in the present.
- Why are we launching this book now? Because Humankind finds itself at a fundamental, evolutionary change point. We stand at the edge of a chasm of social change greater than what we have seen in the agricultural, industrial, and technology revolutions combined. We are entering a chasm of chaos, complexity, and confusion. What used to anchor us and keep us grounded is fading. Trust in our social institutions is at an all-time low and anxiety at an all-time high. All the 'rules' about status, power, and politics no longer hold for most people.
- And just why is it that you should be interested in engaging with Work The Future! Today?
- First, is to minimize the risks you take by investing precious time, money, and energy in planning for the future. We all make mistakes and plan for the wrong scenarios. Work The Future! Today is a structured method to investigate different courses of action, develop contingencies, and have in place a system to recognize and act upon a wide range of 'weak signals' such as demographic migrations or government regulatory changes. These are harbingers of what we can sense about changing events and social dynamics.
- Second, we think shifting your perspective, your worldview, helps you get a more grounded perspective. You move from being totally reactive to events around you to a stance where you are in control. With that sense of control comes a heightened sense of well-being and relaxation. Being in the moment reduces your tendency to act from an almost totally reptilian motivation to a calm, reasoned, and thought out stance.
- Lastly, our suggested viewpoint and action platform will give you greater resilience to change because you will have consciously constructed a wider range of interconnections with others and resources. Your search time for answers will decrease; the breath of your knowledge will increase; you have a stronger trust bond with others, and you will have your own finely tuned 'future radar screen' to use today and well into the future.
- "If you don't know where you are going, you might not get there." ~ Yogi Berra
- File Size : 1772 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 200 pages
- ASIN : B075YGTW29
- Publisher : WTF! (September 26, 2017)
- Publication Date : September 26, 2017
- Language: : English
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,650,713 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: