This manual documents the most recent v3.3 of WP 34S, a free software you can use for converting an HP-20b or HP-30b financial calculator of Hewlett-Packard into a full-fledged fast and compact scientific instrument like you have never had before - readily providing all the functions you always wanted and comfortably fitting into your shirt pocket.
The function set of WP 34S
is based on the famous HP-42S RPN Scientific
, the most powerful programmable RPN
calculator industrially built so far. Additionally, we put in the functions of the HP-16C
, the HP-32SII
, and the HP-21S
. Furthermore, we added numerous useful functions for mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, programming, I/O, etc., such as
WP 34S is the first RPN calculator offering you a choice of two stack sizes
- many statistical distributions and their inverses, Euler’s Beta and Riemann’s Zeta functions, Bernoulli and Fibonacci numbers, Lambert’s W, the error function, and the Chebyshev, Hermite, Laguerre, and Legendre orthogonal polynomials (forget heavy table books),
- programmable sums and products, first and second derivatives,
- integer computing in fifteen bases from binary to hexadecimal,
- bidirectional serial communication with your computer,
- battery-fail-safe on-board backup memory,
- 88 conversions, mainly from old Imperial to universal SI units and vice versa,
- 50 fundamental physical constants plus a selection of important numbers from mathematics, astronomy, and surveying,
- Greek and extended Latin letters plus mathematical symbols, and
- a stopwatch based on a real-time clock (with hardware added).
: traditional 4 stack levels for HP
compatibility, 8 levels for convenient calculations in complex domain, advanced real calculus, vector algebra in 4D, or for whatever application you have in mind. WP 34S
features up to 107 global registers, 112 global flags, up to 928 program steps in RAM, up to 6014 program steps in flash memory, a 30 byte alpha register, 16 local flags as well as up to 144 local registers allowing for recursive programming, and 4 user-programmable hotkeys. Most of the memory layout is conveniently settable by you. This 344-page manual explains all the over 700 functions of your WP 34S.
It includes a wealth of information, many pictures and examples - everything you want to know also about flashing, updating, and tuning your WP 34S
. This is the true and original WP 34S
reference, written by one of the two initiators of this project. Recommended for any serious science or engineering student as well as for professionals in these areas.
WP34S reached its present state growing on our love for Hewlett-Packard's vintage Classics, Woodstocks, Spices, Nuts, Voyagers, and Pioneers. WP 34S has proven success in real world applications, being on the market since 2011. Meanwhile, it has got a little brother: the WP 31S, described elsewhere. Please see http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-8.html for more information about our further progress in this matter.
(Last update of the print: 2015-4-7)