Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

WWE 2K14 - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

on November 6, 2013
When I heard about this game's upcoming release a few months ago I was extremely skeptical, simply because the past few editions of WWE's games have been poorly done and just a rehash of the previous year with some minor additions and a new soundtrack. This game, though, is way different and in a good way. Personally, I found this to be the most enjoyable WWE game I've purchased in the past four to five years. The graphics are awesome, the AI (computerized opponents) actually gives up a good fight, the controls are good, and the loading screens are surprisingly fast compared to previous years. The only thing I've noticed with some loading issues is that when I'd be in a gold rush mode and had two CAW's facing off against each other, the loading screen would crash. Not sure why or if it's a bug that'll be addressed when an update comes about for this game, but none the less, I'm glad I bought this game.

Upon starting this game, I did notice that the loading screens are much faster than previous years, even between matches. I also noticed that the soundtrack to this game has much more sporadic songs raging from superstars from the past and the present. The Create an Entrance feature is nifty, too. There’s a lot more you can do than previous years and they have a lot of different entrance choices, especially for the Diva’s selection, paying tribute to some past Divas (such as Candice Michelle, Gail Kim, Maryse, ect.)

The only complaints I have aside from the loading screen freezing up is the CAW section. When is that going to be revamped? The same choice of hair, clothing, and make up every single year is annoying. I also wish the CAW's would look more realistic like the rest of the WWE roster does. So far the most annoying thing about the 30 Years of WrestleMania feature is thee Randy Savage vs Ric Flair match at WrestleMania 8. I can’t seem to beat it yet! I’m being lenient and blaming the new batch of controls and the overall excitement I have for this game.

To end this lengthy review, I give this game a 5/5 because of the enjoyment I get out of playing this game, the ability to have up to 100 CAW’s, and the fact that the online game play issues that previous games seemed to have seems to be fixed. If this is any indication on how next year’s game is going to be, I can’t wait to purchase it going forward!
2 people found this helpful
on December 18, 2014
First wrestling game I've played since Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (Which sucked). I gave up on wrestling games for a while after that game. But this game has a heck of a roster since Smackdown Here Comes the Pain on PS2. So I bought this game and checked it out. It's awesome, they've really added a lot of customization which is the funnest part. The roster is awesome(Finally Goldberg is on there). Only stressful thing is the counter system but you master it with time. 30 Years of Wrestlemania was pretty cool too. Moral of this review, don't buy wrestling games every year. Get them every other year or so. That's what I did and this is an improvement. Great game.
2 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2014
WWE 2k14 is one of the best WWE games ever. Take WWE'13, and basically improve it's main features. Instead of an Attitude Era theme you get a WrestleMania theme. The gameplay is fun, fair, and good paced. The Streak mode is great to test your skill, defeating The Undertaker is quite a task and being able to do so is quite difficult. There are even more game modes than WWE '13, and it's still a fun game.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I hadn't played a wrestling game since SD vs. Raw 2010. I also haven't followed wrestling for awhile. My son watches a few of the programs each week, but most of what I saw wasn't very interesting. I grew up with the 80s Saturday night wrestling shows with Gordon Solie as announcer, Sunday was WWF/E and even rented the VHS of Wrestlemania I just a few months after it originally happened. I really loved wrestling. Our son is back and forth with it. So there's really not been a reason to buy the games. I hadn't realized 2K had taken over the WWE series until a few weeks ago. That, if nothing else, made me interested in the game since I believe 2K still has developed the best NFL game ever ... in NFL 2K5. And I've enjoyed several of the more current NBA 2K games.

The roster had very little impact on my choice of which WWE game to get. Despite being a fan during the 80s and through the Attitude Era, I'm not really into using the wrestlers from those eras, especially those who've passed away. I was more interested in having a fun game. Everything I read on wrestling games forums said 2K14 is better than 2K15, so I ordered a used version, not knowing I would need to buy an online pass since the one included was used by the previous owner.

So, I ended up paying ten more dollars for an online pass. Then ended up buying the Season Pass which was another twenty dollars. I really didn't mind the price since I figured it would be enough to last my wrestling game interest for a few years. The game is good, but it's really not that different than I remember the THQ WWE games being. It's a reversal-fest. I ended up lowering the reversal slider all the way down to just one level of it. It was pretty annoying to hit a finisher, pick the guy up and have him reverse your next move. There's plenty of match types to play. And though the roster didn't matter much to me in the beginning, it started to matter once I played the game. I ended up going to the community creations and downloading roughly 90 created wrestlers since there's a lot of active wrestlers not in this game. I would think most notably for current WWE fans, The Wyatt Family. There's some really great created wrestlers in the community creations.

We played it off and on for a week or so, but the roster, even with added created wrestlers, just isn't very good. The best created wrestlers don't look much better than the worst default characters. I would rate this higher, but I turned around and bought a new copy of WWE 2K15 for the 360 and liked it quite a bit better. I wouldn't rate either one a five star. There's problems in these games that were around back in 2010. From collision detection, floating wrestlers, a very ambitious "create a finisher" that ends up making you think they really don't put much time into it. Create a Story isn't any better than I remember it being. It more or less reminds me of most sports video games. They update the roster, throw a few new animations in and say it's a new game. I'm also going to review 2K15 as well. A quick ending piece of advice. Only buy used if you're willing to pay the money for the online access which you have to have to download created wrestlers. You also have to have Xbox Gold. I tried a free trial week to the online access only to find out it wouldn't let me download any created wrestlers during the trial. If you buy a new copy it will come with the online access code. One last warning on this one. The server has been having problems for the last 2 weeks. I spent a week trying to download a Great Muta created wrestler only to receive this message, "The WWE 2K14 service is not available. Try again later." From what I've read they'll most likely shut the server down in the next few months anyway.
3 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2016
wwe 2k14 was shipped fast and in great condition especially for a used game it plays like it's brand new the game can be challengin at times due to specific criteria you have to meet to unlock characters but it's alot of fun and you get to relive 30 years of wrestlemania moments and you can play as macho man and GOldberg.
on April 23, 2015
One of the best games that I've ever played. I was playing 2k15 on PlayStation and it is a HUGE step back. I find myself going back to the 360 to get my fix of hitting people with chairs. Very well done.
3 people found this helpful
on July 25, 2015
Game arrived on time and in pristine condition. I could not believe the sheer level of customization held within this game and I haven't even downloaded any extra content yet, if you don't feel like paying all that money for WWE 2015 then this is a great alternative.
on April 19, 2016
A solid final outing for the 7th Gen wrestling game. Nothing really new jumps off the screen. But WWE 2K14 has a fantastic roster wrestlers. One of the best yet in my opinion
on May 13, 2016
I purchase this for my son. He loves wrestling and he loved this game. I have purchased him other wrestling games from Amazon and we will continue to purchase them here.
on June 18, 2015
This came fast before the date it was sopposed to be shipped. Great game and awesome graphics and details. Very fun to play. Got this for my daughter who wanted it for her birthday and she is very happy with it.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.