WWE: Bloodbath - Wrestling's Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Coach acts as host as the angles that led up to the matches are explained, then clips of the matches are shown. In some cases the full match is a DVD extra.
Here's a complete list of the matches:
Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson 1979
Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Sybysko 1980
Bob Backlund vs. Jimmy Snuka 1980
Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff 1987
Ric Flair vs. Ronnie Garvin 1987
Isaac Yankem vs. Bret Hart 1995
HHH vs. The Rock 1999
Stone Cold vs. McMahon 1999
Edge & Christian vs. Hardyz 2000
Angle vs. Benoit 2001
Edge vs. Kurt Angle 2002
Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard 1985
Jimmy Snuka vs. Don Muraco 1983
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart 1994
HHH vs. Mankind 1997
Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff 1975
Bob Backlund vs. Stan Hansen 1981
Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes 1986
Rock n' Roll Express vs. Andersons 1986
Shawn Micheals vs. Marty Jannetty 1993
Oddly, the DVD case lists the Backlund/Patterson match as shown in its entirety, but it is slightly clipped. I didn't think it dectracted anything from the match.
I was disapointed in the Sammartino/Koloff match as it was little more than a squash for Bruno. Then again, it was 1975.
I have no idea why they included the Yankem/Hart match since this is hardly a bright spot in the career of Bret Hart or Glen Jacobs. Very little of the actual match is shown! Instead you get the hilarious antics of Jerry Lawler. Of course, by hilarious I mean not at all funny.
These flaws aside, the match choices are spot on.Read more ›
The following matches on disc one have chapters and are shown in clipped format:
1) Bruno Sammartino vs Larry Zybszko - If you double right click on this chapter, you will get a hidden interview from Sammartino and clip of the match between these two that set the stage for the steel cage match. Larry Zybszko was a favorite of mine and it's always fun to watch him, even in clipped format.
2) Bob Backlund vs Jimmy Snuka - This is joined in progress (JIP). Hey, it's the "Superrfly's" match that put him on the wrestling map. See how Snuka earned his alias.
3) Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff - JIP. The highlight of this match is getting to listen to Jesse Ventura doing the color commentary! This was a "old school" style brawl with the underrated "Mr. Wonderful" playing heel. It's always entertaining watching "Mr. Wonderful" perform!
4) Ric Flair vs Ronnie Garvin - JIP. This was my second favorite match on this disc even though it's JIP. This is the stiffest match on the disc. They go at each other in a fury rarely seen between two wrestlers. Damn, my chest hurts just from watching this! Double right click on this chapter and you will get to see the ending of the first steel cage match between these two in which Ronnie wins the World Championship belt.Read more ›
Here is the scoop courtesy of WrestlingMegaStore.com...
> WWE STEEL CAGE MATCHES ON DVD
- On October 28th WWE will release 'WWE Bloodbath: Wrestling's Most
Incredible Steel Cage Matches' on DVD, a double disc set with a total
running time of a whopping 5 hours and 30 minutes. 15 matches will be
featured plus another 5 as part of the extras. These are the matches on
the DVD. Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson (1979); Bruno Sammartino vs.
Larry Zbyszko (1980); Bob Backlund vs. Jimmy Snuka (1980); Jimmy Snuka
vs. Don Muraco (1983); Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard (1985); Hulk Hogan
vs. Paul Orndorff (1987); Ric Flair vs. Ronnie Garvin (1987); Bret Hart
vs. Owen Hart (1994); Isaac Yankem vs. Bret Hart (1995); Triple H vs.
Mankind (1997); Triple H vs. The Rock (1999); Stone Cold Steve Austin
vs. Mr. McMahon (1999); Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boyz (2000); Kurt
Angle vs. Chris Benoit (2001); Edge vs. Kurt Angle (2002). The other
five are: Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff (1975); Bob Backlund vs. Stan
Hansen (1981); Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (1986); Rock 'n' Roll Express
vs. Andersons (1986) and Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty (1993).
* Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson
* Bruno Sammartino and Larry Zbyszko feud
* Bob Backlund vs. Jimmy Snuka
* Don Muraco vs. Jimmy Snuka
* Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum TA
* Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff
* Ric Flair vs. Ronnie Garvin
* Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
* Isaac Yankem vs. Bret Hart
* Triple H vs. Mankind
* Triple H vs. The Rock
* Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon
* WWF World tag team champions Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boyz
* Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit
* Edge vs. Kurt Angle
* WWF World champion Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson (clipped, 12:55 aired, 9/24/79)
* Bruno Sammartino vs. Ivan Koloff (9:02, 12/15/75)
* WWF Intercontinental champion Don Muraco vs. Jimmy Snuka (6:40, 10/17/83)
* WWF World champion Bob Backlund vs. Stan Hansen (8:44, 4/6/81)
Over 3.5 hours of bonus material!
* NWA U.S. champion Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum TA in an "I Quit" cage match (Magnum wins title, from Starrcade, 14:41, 11/28/85) *****
* NWA World champion Ric Flair vs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If your a wrestling fan this DVD is great for your collection.Published 10 months ago by uriah templeton
I was disappointed when they went back as far as they did. I was expecting something like hell in a cell style set up but they kept it simple with this. Read morePublished 11 months ago by SJCLane
Thanks!!...Wrestling Warriors-Soul of Dragon and Blood of Gladiator!...CLASSIC BATTLES.Published 15 months ago by EDGARS SKRUDUPIS
disc is scratched and doesnt play at a certain point. i found myself having to fast fwd past one of the finer points of the disc due to this. very disappointing.Published 21 months ago by jay
if you liked the matches of the 80's, you're gonna like this! one of the best ones I have ordered.Published on May 7, 2014 by rachelmc
it is a great value for the money. i felt i got a great deal. its very entertaining. ill look for more wrestling dvds.Published on April 17, 2013 by robert johnson
this wasnt the best documentry but had some pretty good cage matches on here, alot of older matches really goodPublished on February 24, 2013 by John