WWE: Goldberg - The Ultimate Collection
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Goldberg was one of the most dominant and talented individuals ever witnessed in sports entertainment, exploding onto the scene by amassing an epic win streak of 173 matches. Throughout his WCW career he defeated legends such as Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page. As he crossed over to the WWE, this powerhouse continued his dominance taking on such Superstars as The Rock, Triple H, and Brock Lesnar among others. This 2-disc compilation features some of the biggest matches in Goldberg's impressive career and showcases why his legacy will forever be cemented in sports entertainment.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Lots of matches and not a ton of fluff
- A lot of good WCW stuff, which is always nice to see
- Price dropped to a reasonable place pretty quickly
- You more or less get a feel for the best parts of a short, but crucial career in wrestling. There isn't a lot left on the table like when they do first sets for guys with longer careers like Savage or Hart.
- A little heavy on the WWE stuff. He didn't do his best work there. This is predictable, but still eye-roll worthy
- No commentary or interviews with Goldberg. I don't want much, but having him talk a bit about some of the key moments might be nice. It may be a blessing in disguise though, whenever I hear him talk about wrestling he seems REALLY removed from business and really disinterested in anything but his own characters ability to make money. There just isnt much depth or complexity to his take on wrestling. But, if they are only going to do this once (which I assume) they should have done it right.
- No William Regal match. Goldberg had an amazingly stiff and competitive match with William Regal on Nitro that is far and away my favorite match of his. Regal got in trouble because they wanted Goldberg to look like a killer and Regal made him work, but honestly, you come away from that match legit impressed with Goldberg's physical power and agility. I think Regal made Goldberg look amazing because he challenged him to truly show what he can do and use his natural gifts.
- Needs more of his undercard matches with good workers. Those were matches when Goldberg was doing what he did best and other guys were masterfully making him look great. For a wrestling fan, I appreciate those things. They could have nixed one or two WWE matches and put in 5-7 short nitro matches where Goldberg was really made to look unstoppable.
Bottom Line: This is worth the buy for most set collectors. Every once in a while I get in the mood to pop this in and watch a match or two. Good Stuff.