|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$28.51 - $201.73 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Body: 80% Nylon/ 20% Spandex/Elastane
- Hook and Eye closure
- Hand Wash
- Maximum Support for high impact activities.Great choice for full busted and full figured women
- Two-ply fabric cups and floating underwire frame keep breast motion to a minimum
- Outside underwire frame and shoulder strap adjustment designed to minimize chaffing
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
A sports bra should fit a little snugger than a regular bra.The center front should lay flat with no gaping when you look down. If any of your breast tissue is coming out the top or side of the underwire, consider going up a cup size. Alternatively, folds, wrinkles or loose cups are a sign they may be too big, which leads to more bounce and discomfort during your workouts.Try going down a cup size or two for a more supportive fit.
Sport bra offers great control, support and comfort for workouts or as your everyday bra
Wacoal Underwire Sport Bra
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B001ULCBG4
- Item model number: 855170
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 21, 2002
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
- The sizing is exactly like a regular bra.
- The exoskeleton type underwire seems strange, but they truly serve their purpose. You are totally supported. No slipping out the bottom and you are perfectly separated. No sweaty uni-boob.
- Perfect lift. If only all my bras had such a beautiful silouette. In fact, I often wear this sports bra as a t-shirt bra. As other ladies here have mentioned, it lifts and shapes so nicely, you find yourself kind of living in this bra. And I wear the heck out of these when I'm menstral and my breasts hurt with every movement. It's then that I send a little prayer up to the bra gods to give the designer of this bra their place in the heavens!
- The strange straps annoyed me at first. Then I realized that the reason this bra functions so beautifully is because it doesn't have the usual type of sliding adjustable straps. My lady bits would just pull those out of place during my workout. The hook keeps those straps exactly where you want them and they don't budge. I learned to take my time when I put it on to neatly tuck the ends under the straps (I use the shortest setting so I have the longest amount to tuck away) but once I tuck them under the strap they no longer trouble me. Someone left a review here that they hated the bra because of that. I think that reviewer missed the whole objective of the bra when they made that judgement call. Taking a minute to tuck your strap ends is a very small price to pay for a sports bra that functions so well.
- I am finally able to engage in high impact workouts. The total full coverage, stay put straps, exoskeleton underwire, and sturdy construction all serve to prevent bounce. I have run a 5k, do bouncy spin cycling, and high impact plyometric workouts and am totally satisfied with this bras performance. Which is why I now own 10.
- These bras breathe very well. I have done seriously sweaty activities in this bra and I have been very happy with its ability to handle the moisture and retain its excellent support. Really impressive!
- Have I mentioned what this bra does for your figure?! It's akin to spanx for your breasts. Perfect perfect perfect shape, exceptional lift, perfect spacing, smoothing and firming. I literally get 2-3 inches height on my waistline, making me look slimmer! Woohoo! As other ladies here have mentioned, this sort of shaping when you have large breasts is like gold in your pocket.
1. Wash in a mesh bag and line dry. That being said, I have washed and dried the piss out of several of these bras and they did pretty well. But the dryer does weaken the strength of the stretchy bits over time and will eventually result in a less supportive bra. The mesh bag serves to protect the underwire from going awry and the hook and eye closures from getting messed up. These bras are not delicate princesses, but to make them stay in great shape and enjoy a long and productive life in your wardrobe, it's worth the extra effort so buy a mesh bag with your bra if you don't have one already. It's worth the investment. They do dry very fast.
2. Get the right fit. This bra only does its job well when you get it in the right fit. The underwire should be flush against your chest under your breast and especially between your breasts. The back should be very snug. The cup fabric should cover your entire breast all the way, no breast tissue out the sides or over the top. Especially if you do moderate to high impact workouts, you will want to get this fit right. But when you do, the heavens part and the angels sing!!
Pros - sizing like a normal bra, comfortable, also nice for lounging in, good for brisk activities, attractive (no uni-boob!), seems more durable than a regular t-shirt bra
Cons - The wire pokes in the front a little, not enough support for a heavy work-out (does not fully pass the bounce test, but is better than an average sports bra)
You might buy a cup size down if you want to feel really strapped in and secure.
band size is true to size a snug fit but that's make sense for a sport bra
cup size is a little small I ordered DDD while I wear DD and still there was a little spillage on top.
The reason I gave it 3 stars is I was expecting more support, it is definitely better than other sport bras that is not suited for busty women but still it felt like a daily Bra, while jumping I still found them bouncing up and down and didn't feel completely supported, i get almost the same support from my regular daily cotton unwired bra for fraction the price, I returned this one.
The hook and loop strap adjustment does take some experimenting to find the right length to control bounce, but the hook and loop designs means it won't slip or loosen during activity.
I know some say you can't criss cross the straps, but I did without any issues for a racer back style.
My only small complaint would be the the bra comes up higher on the chest so it does tend to peak out of most of my running tanks. It's a small price to pay for a sports bra that is supportive without creating a uniboob.
When I got the first one, I loved it so much I bought two more immediately. At $65 a pop, that's an investment. Imagine my frustration when the metal fasteners on the straps of the first bra both pulled apart, rendering the bra useless. On the second bra, one side broke while I was in the middle of a workout! Thankfully I was alone at home and not in a group class at the time.
I love everything else about the way these bras are made - the fit, the material, the comfort. But in order to keep using them, I am going to have to spend some time sewing the straps down - rendering them non-customizable without considerable effort in the future. So I would not recommend anyone else purchase them unless they correct this issue.