Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

on February 1, 2016
Best investment to my cleaning supply arsenal. I have purchased multiple cleaning gadgets/supplies over the years for my floors. They never really seem to pick up all the dirt and grim. I put off correctly cleaning my grout for years anticipating the grueling task of scrubbing for days. This steamer with the jet nozzle attachment blasted the grime right out. I love that I did not have to use any chemicals, bleach, etc. to sanitize my floors. The water tank holds plenty of water and gave me continuous steam for about 45 minutes per use. I also used the floor/mop attachment to do a once over when completed on my tile as well as my hardwood floors. The pad was completely black when finished. No, you cannot see the water level in the tank, but that doesn't sway my opinion of the product in general. You can tell when you're running low so it's no big deal. A very well made machine with brass fittings and solid construction.

The dirty pic shows after one blast/pass with the steamer in a grout line. One! Each grout line took about 3-4 back and forth steam/srubs before the water was clear so I'm confident they are completely clean. Couldn't be happier!
review image review image
on November 4, 2016
I've had this for a little over a week. So far I love it. I'm talking about having a steam cleaner in general, not this product in particular. I've gotten things a lot cleaner than I could before with just cleaner and a rag. A rag just spreads the dirt around. Not to mention all the water that is required with the constant rinsing. This isn't a miracle worker, there is still time and wiping involved. It really loosens things up and generally doesn't require scrubbing, just a wipe down of the surface. I love that it gets into all the cracks, crevices, and seams that I could not get too before. I've used it on my oven door and broiler pans with the hard brush head attachment. It takes a lot of work but compared to using cleaners/baking soda/hot water it seems to be more effective and the scrubber head does the elbow work. I haven't gotten them completely done though. I think maybe a combination of cleaners and the steamer would be best for that purpose. I still have a lot I want to use it on. It doesn't remove set in stains, you will need help with things like that. I don't have any carpeting so cannot comment on that. It does work on walls. You need to be cautious on painted surfaces an appliance enamels. Light steam is best for those so you don't remove the paint. Flat paint is more difficult to clean, but on semi-gloss and satin it works pretty well. I've been able to clean things that are high up. You do need to watch for dripping water when reaching overhead. I've also used it to loosen adhesives and gummy items. You will still need to scrape them up but they come up easily after steaming. Another big benefit is that it sanitizes. I'm using it to sanitize toys for our church nursery. It says not to use it on hardwood floors because it might warp the wood, but I have used it cautiously on some spots and it did all right. I just used it briefly and kept water wiped up.

I really regret not getting a steam cleaner years ago. It would have made move out cleaning of base housing and apartments so much easier. I've been using it almost every day. I plan on using it in the kitchen at least twice a week and in the bathrooms once a week. I've been using it for heavy cleaning and general daily/weekly household chores.

For this product in particular:

I love the long hose and the two extensions. I have a very high ceiling and I have not been able to clean it or the upper wall areas yet. I bought it for this purpose. (I still have to get to that). With the wands and long hose I should be able to reach the high corners just by standing on my step stool. (I'm afraid of heights so don't get on ladders) My original purpose in buying this is that it would loosen the grime so that I could wipe it off with a mop head or Swiffer. I don't think that will be a problem.

The cord is really short. That makes it difficult for the lower level of my home where there are sections with no outlets. I also wish the cord was retractable or had something on the unit to wrap it around. The hose is really long, which I like, but when storing I don't quite know what to do with it.

The hinges on the cover already broke. The cover kept coming off. I'll need to take a pic I think to illustrate. I don't really mind because it saves opening and closing it to get to the water tank and brush heads. I think the cover is mostly for aesthetic purposes. That might bother some people, though. I think Wagner needs to look at a solution to that.

It only comes with one cloth for the large scrubber head. I need more but don't know where to get them or which ones are compatible. I've seen generic ones I just need to measure to see what size to get.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, make sure you read all the directions before use! After getting through the short manual, I set up shop in the bathroom and intended to clean every surface. It took about 15-20 minutes with a full tank (48 oz) to be ready for use. I kept the bathroom door closed and locked because I was concerned about my children and puppies being curious and getting hurt. I understand why it takes so long to get going, but I was worried that one of my little ones would get into it. There really should be a lock on the trigger seeing as it has to be left for so long to warm up and all it takes is a second to get some major burns. That said, locking it in the bathroom did the trick for me.

Once it was ready, I started with the brass nozzle and cleaned my bathtub and shower. It worked very well with a bit of elbow grease to remove all the build up in the grout and around the shower head which are always a pain to keep clean. It was very easy to clean the areas around my faucet that are too narrow to clean with anything other than a toothbrush. I also did some polishing up of the toilet and the toddler seats and felt really great about the idea of disinfecting everything without chemicals. I had wanted a versatile cleaner like this for some time as my mother has a nice one that I've always been jealous of, but it costs her $40 every time she needs to refill the chemicals and they go pretty fast with regular use. As a result, she doesn't use it as much as she would like to. Not so with this steamer! I absolutely love that it's just tap water. So easy and simple. The manual does warn that over time you can get mineral build up from using non-distilled water but gives you clear directions on how to clean that up so I'm sure it won't be an issue when/if it happens.

Before finishing up with the nozzle, I found my own personal perfect use for the steamer. Cleaning my window screens! Several times a year, I have to take apart all our windows and haul the screens into the backyard to spray down with the hose. Not only is this time consuming, but it isn't all that effective. I still have to use up a ton of towels wiping them down to get them really clean. I decided to give the steamer a try on my bathroom screens and oh my gosh! Instantly clean. No scrubbing, no wiping, just clean. Even if I could use it for nothing else, I would use it for this. It will save me SO much time and headache in the long run.

Once I was done with the screen, I wanted to try the squeegee attachment on the windows and mirror. I am impatient and was annoyed that I had to wait 20 minutes for the attachment to cool before I could swap it out, so I used my oven mitt and easily took off the nozzle and replaced it with the squeegee. I'm very picky about streaky glass, and was VERY pleased that within seconds I had my mirror clean from top to bottom, even at the very top where I can't normally reach without a step ladder or climbing onto the vanity. It did leave little pools of water at the bottom but a quick wipe and it was cleaned up. And NO STREAKS!!

Finally, I put on the floor attachment and went to work on my tile. It was very quick and very simple. I left it to air dry as normal and the floor was clean in half the time with no chemicals. I love this steamer so much! It's making my family healthier thanks to being able to throw out the chemicals and it's saving me time and money. Does it get any better?!

My only gripes are the fact that there is no safety lock on the trigger for use when it's warming up and that there's no on board storage for all the accessories. I get that they wanted to keep the unit small and portable, but I have all this bulky accessories with nowhere to store them. Also, the cord is pretty short. I can imagine this is for safety reasons, but it's kind of a nuisance to keep moving it from plug to plug, even within a single room. Overall though, well worth the money!
1818 comments| 657 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2016
I bought this steamer after my appliance repair guy used it to clean out the disgusting ice maker in my fridge. We just moved into a home that is tiled wall-to-wall and has an outdoor grill. The grill is/was disgusting. It looks like it has never been cleaned. I spent 3 hours with this new toy blasting away grease from parts of the grill and the majority of the time cleaning the grill slats (?). I used the small metal brush to help scrub. I will need a replacement for sure. The slats aren't perfectly cleaned but sooooo much better than they were. When I have more time this week I intend to finish up the outside of the grill.

We have used it on the tile floors also. We use the extension attachments and the large brush with the cleaning pad. We have a Bissell Steam Mop and have had Shark Mop in the past, but we really like the scrubbing ability of this steamer.

I have given this a 4-star because of the short cord and the lack of sight glass to see how much water is left in the machine.
review image
on December 5, 2015
Pros - Compact
Cons - Lack of water level indicator, this can cause one to overfill the water compartment and/or have no idea when the water level is very low. Water doesn't always get to a steam level and spouts warm water all over the place. The cord isn't very long and the cord thickness is more of a vacuum cleaner cord than what was expected for a product of this watt. The cord seemed to get a little warm to the touch. Placement of water compartment is in the back of the machine and down inside of a tight enclave, causing difficulties while attempting to take water compartment cap off. When the device did decide to get to a steam level, the water wasn't an actual steam, the consistency more of a mist. The ergonomics aren't of a user comfort design.
When this product arrive, was excited to give it a go, that excitement fizzled rather quickly.
on September 17, 2016
Best 100 spent don't waste your time on baking soda and vinegar. This little guy is powerful, easy to use, heats up fast and lasts surprisingly long on a tank. Didn't think it could get 10 years of filth clean but it did.
review image review image
on December 13, 2015
This is our 5th Wagner steamer purchase. We have found that you can expect about 2500 hours out of the boiler. We use this steamer commercially, it is one of the first appliances turned on in the morning, and one of the last to be shut off. It is on about 8-10 hours per day. We use the steamer to clean plastic vacuum cleaner parts, and have also used it for wallpaper removal. In comparison to other on demand steamers on the market, this unit is by far the best value. When you consider all of the included accessories, the length of the hose, the overall quality of the product, it is a "no brainer" at under $100. Considering how heavily we use the unit, and that we also do not use distilled water, it is impressive that the boiler lasts as long as it does. I have to believe that if a person used this unit residentially, and used distilled water, it would practically last ones lifetime.
on July 25, 2012
After researching different brands of tank steamers, I am very satisfied with my choice of the
Wagner 1500 Watt On Demand Power Steamer. Within a period of 10 years, I have purchased a total of four tank type steamers.
I have vacation rentals and use the steamer to clean upholstery, floor tile, bathroom fixtures, kitchen counter tops, mattresses, etc.
Prior to purchasing the Wagner 1500 Watt Power Steamer, I purchased a Shark brand tank type unit which lasted about 3 months. Prior to that, I had two Steam Buggies, each lasting about 4 or 5 years before they quit working and I was quite satisfied with their performance at the time. The Wagner is even better yet. I love the rolling wheels on the Wagner and the seemingly endless supply of steam which if far more powerful than the Shark and Steam Buggy brands. The tank on the Wagner is larger and I find I can steam for an hour before having to refill it. Yes, the cord is short ( 6 feet ) but the output of steam makes up for that. The only thing I find lacking with the Wagner is an upholstery brush. I have to use the course bristled carpet brush with a terrycloth cover over it for cleaning sofas and mattresses which works just fine. I have only owned this steamer for 3 months so I cannot comment on the longevity of the Wagner. It is well built, powerful and has a larger water tank than most steamers of the same price range. I am very satisfied with the Wagner 915 1,500 Watt On Demand Power Steamer!
on September 18, 2015
I bought this thing because we had some uninvited guests ( chiggers ) drop by the house. I'm not a fan of bugs, nor do I want to use chemicals inside my home. Anyway, these little @#$%ers invaded my home and we needed them out. After reading several reviews on several steamers I decided to buy this one. I went with this guy because I was familiar with the brand. I am pretty impressed after a few hours of using this thing. It heats up fairly quickly and works well. I am a steamfitter by trade and I know a thing or two about its many uses. One of the reviews I read was someone complaining about water coming out when you first squeeze the trigger. Of course when you squeeze the trigger water is going to come out. It's called a change of state. It happens because when water cools down to below boiling point, which it does in the 8 feet of hose, it turn back to a liquid from a gas. Pressure and temperature also affect boiling point. Anyway, to remedy this small issue, I kept a folded towel near my work areas, squeezed the trigger into the towel, and moved my the sand to where I wanted to steam clean. Problem solved. So far after about four hours of using this thing, the only complaint I have is the six foot power cord. Not I wait to see if I was able to fry those Damn bugs.
on February 1, 2017
The only part I don't like is the small heads you have to reorder. You have to order a package of 3 plastic brush head in order to get a brass brush head. I use this to clean flagstone so I only use the brass heads. Takes a while to heat up and then spits out a long stream of hot water. Doesn't work the best on showers with hard water spots.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.