3 Year Personal Care Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Wahl Profesional 5-Star Detailer with Adjustable T Blade for Extremely Close Trimming and Clean and Crisp Lines for Professional Barbers and Stylists - Model 8081
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: Wahl's Professional 5 Star Detailer was designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand; specifically designed for extremely close trimming, clean and crisp lines, facial hair detailing and design, with faster cutting speed; intended for professional use only
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Detailer is a compact trimmer that offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top notch precision and function; Excellent for lining and artwork, is extremely lightweight and fits in the palm of your hand for ultimate control
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The 5 Star Detailer comes with all accessories required for professional barber use, the trimmer, 3 extra wide T-shaped trimming guides (1/16", 1/8" and 3/16"), cleaning brush, clipper blade oil, red blade guard and operating instructions.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5 Star Detailer measures only 5" long and weighs just 6.9 ounces; featuring a rotary motor, (#2215) blade, an 8 foot professional grade, chemical resistant power cord, and operates at 120V/60Hz
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to continuous improvement, the product appearance may slightly vary from the product images on this listing. Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer’s warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Detailer is intended for professional barber use only and is engineered to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand. It is equipped with an extra wide, adjustable t-blade for a precise, close cut. This ultra-powerful compact trimmer offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top-notch precision and function. Excellent for lining and artwork, the Detailer boasts a rotary motor with all of the power of a full size trimmer, yet is extremely lightweight and fits in the palm of your hand for ultimate control. For your convenience, the 5-Star Detailer (#8081) comes with all accessories required for professional use. Package includes the trimmer, 3 attachment comb cutting guides, cleaning brush, clipper blade oil, red blade guard and operating instructions. The 5-Star Detailer measures 5" long and weighs 6.9 ounces. This product features an 8 foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord. Trimmer features a (#2215) blade, rotary motor, and operates at 120 volts 60 hertz. Leo J. Wahl invented the first hand-held electric clipper back in 1919. He believed in necessary, reasonably priced products that enhanced the lives of everyone who used them. Today, all Wahl products embrace the principles of our founder. We offer reliable, value-priced devices and solutions that protect skin and hair while performing on all skin and hair types. PLEASE NOTE: Due to continuous improvement, the product appearance may slightly vary from the product images on this listing. Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer’s warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only.
USER GUIDE Manual [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Yes
- Product Dimensions : 9.5 x 6.6 x 3.2 inches; 8.47 Ounces
- Item model number : 8081
- UPC : 702679465509 885131305558 712190152567 884422989545 778295005122 772411121406 712190153090 043917808109 797142677022 881309447228 632181533543 799665005771 043917808185 799665012656 732233414001 043917790015
- Manufacturer : American Fragrance & Cosmetic Company
- ASIN : B000H7O5M0
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,297 in Beauty & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Beauty & Personal Care)
- Customer Reviews:
Please read: Wahl clippers are tested by the manufacturer prior to being packed and shipped for sale. As a result you may find "hair" in and on some blades, these "hair" are Synthetic hair and NOT human hair. Also please note that the lubrication inside the blades may spread on to the handle as a result of air pressure during shipping, the oil touching the insides of the box may leave impressions that look like "smudges" or "finger print" these impressions will melt under your hand if you tried to touch them the over lubrication is necessary to protect against over hearing and against the blade assembly jamming.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The unit comes not zero. It appears to be 1/16 offset between the comb and cutter. I semi-zero it, creating an even closer save. We ensure to clean it properly after each use, lube, and store it in a dry and cool area. Going from person to person, the comb-cutter enjoy the 10 seconds babercide bath, dried, and lube before storage. Comb-cutter is still going strong and sharp after months of usages. I'll wait to see how long the blade lasts until I need to sharpen it, using the professional sharpening system.
Motor is much more quiet than the other Wahl Pro hair trimmer. After 25 minutes of usages, the casing of the motor is only luke warm, compared to my other cutters, which are much more considerably warmer, borderline hot.
The Classic 76 cuts hair the best of the three, it's what a professional barber would use. If your going to fade or keep any length of hair for a flat top this is your unit. It cuts without pulling, it is precise and it has easily interchangeable blades. These run around $100 and will last for years. But for a bald man trying to keep a clean look the lowest blade 0A 1.2mm is not close enough to give the nearly shaved look I prefer,
The Andis unit trimms a little closer than the Wahl but is significantly heavier and a bit unwieldy. It works well for the indented use of cleaning around the ear etc...
The Wahl unit is light making it easier to use and to travel with. A couple notes to achieve good resultsit helps to cut your hair dry and often. If I wait more than 3 days before cutting I get a lot of pulling but if I keep it short I can maintain a very close cut with none of the inconvenience of shaving with a blade.
If you found this review of use please provide positive feedback.
As for the product....Turns out... I just have sensitive skin... Know your body is the point. I bought them for a bald head and shaving... They were supposed to be an upgrade over my Peanuts... Well.... I am a bonehead. That is not what they are for.... They are specifically for edge ups and getting that crisp line... I did an edge up on the front of my hair and I have also shaved my beard and neck and these things are mega sharp! I mean the leaving cuts and scars.... sharp... Buuuuuut again.. I have sensitive skin so that is on me and not the product. I have decided to keep them instead of sending them back for 2 reasons... For 1, I read somewhere that the blade calms down after some uses... and 2, eventhough I am in pain for the first day or 2 after shaving, I do like the closeness that I get... here is the cool part... I do not put a razor on my face as I get bumps... these clippers give me that closeness and I get a few bumps, but not like what I would get with a razor... I also gets some cuts and skin peeling, but that is much longer story....
Summary... Buy them if you need a edge up or if you are barber and want to get crisp lines.... Buy them if you do not mind some pain for a close shave. Buy them because the price is right as they were the same as if I bought some new Peanuts... And there you go....
Top reviews from other countries
Er liegt gut in der Hand, nicht zu schwer, nicht zu leicht, sehr gute. Bedienung, man kann gut Haare schneiden. es gibt 3. Aufsätze für unterschiedliche Längen. Alles sehr easy und ein zusätzliches schönes Design.
habe jetzt ein Zweitgerät für zu Hause, der andere ist im Salon. Sehr empfehlenswert.
Então é algo que vai ser usado sempre no entanto a maquininha quando é ligada ela oscila a velocidade o tempo todo já tentei contato com o vendedor não consegui decepção.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.