Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on September 18, 2011
I have only tried this with my Garmin 705, but it works well with that.

Needless to say that if you're in the majority and ride an upright bike that this will work out of the box for you.

But I ride a recumbent bike, and the pedals (where cadence is measured) are about five feet from the rear wheel (where speed should be measured). Thus the cadence and speed sensors need to be separated. Nobody actually makes a speed/cadence sensor that has this separation, and it's very hard to find separate cadence and speed sensors. And if I could find separates I'm not sure my Garmin 705 would work with them both at the same time.

I bought this sensor because when I asked Wahoo support about it they told me I could just snip the wire between the two sensors, splice in a longer two conductor wire, and all will be fine. No special kind of wire needed, so buy whatever looks good with your bike. I don't know whether their legal department would claim they "support" this, but I was pleased that they were open and honest about the modification.

I'm handy with soldering iron, so this mod was easy for me to do.

I have also read that you can do a similar modification with the Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor. The problem with modding the Garmin is that you need to cut the housing, and then you need to figure out some way to seal those two separate pieces from moisture, and jury rig a mount for the cadence sensor. The Wahoo makes this easier since it is already two separate pieces that are sealed and both designed to be mounted. The only thing you need to moisture seal is your modified cable.
on March 23, 2014
I have only used this once so far and if things change, I will update my review. I was able to sync this device with ease with my Garmin Edge 800. My Garmin recognized it without any issues. Mounting this device on my bike was a little tricky. I am not very fond of the zip tie install, but I am spoiled since my other bike uses the Bontrager Duotrap. I found that the speed sensor worked better mounted on the bottom side of my chain stay with it tilting in towards the wheel in order to pickup the magnet as it passes. Plus the speed sensor has a rubber base and it prevents it from moving around. The cadence sensor I found works best when mounted on the side of the chain stay. It does have adhesive that prevent it from moving when zip tied. The cadence magnet was to have a piece of adhesive, but mine did not come with one, no big deal, trip to Lowes and that problem was solved. However, the cadence magnet uses 1 zip tie and I noticed that when that tie was used, the other end of the magnet started to lift up from the cranks. I secured the other end of the cadence magnet with another zip tie and that kept the magnet from lifting from the crank. What I like about this unit is that the cadence sensor and speed sensor has a wire that runs between them unlike some of the other units that are all in one. This allows the unit to be spaced out more to accommodate a wheel that has a deeper dish. When I rode, the unit picked up my cadence and speed with no issues.
on March 21, 2013
The install went well even up to pairing with my watch then frustration set in. I could not get any speed or cadence readings. The proximity of the speed sensor and the spoke magnet could not be any tighter without hitting each other likewise the cadence monitor and pedal magnet but still no go. At this point I had set the magnets to line up with the center of the sensors.

Youtube to the rescue. In a Wahoo sensor install video the guy makes the point that the spoke magnet needs to line up with the rear of the speed sensor. He also says that the pedal magnet needs to align with the front of the cadence sensor. None of this specific alignment is mentioned in the instructions, it only says that they have to be as close as possible but that did not work for me. Once I made the adjustments according to the video everything worked. So docking one star for the instructions that come with the sensor.

Update - I got out this aft for my first checkout drive and these sensors worked beautifully with my Ambit watch. I hope they keep on working, I'm very happy with my purchase thus far.
on September 17, 2014
Purchased this unit because it looked like other ANT+ dual sensor units but was being sold for iPhone at lower price. I don't use iPhone as my cycling computer but I figured it should be compatible with my Sigma Rox 10 and CatEye Stealth 50. So took a chance and ordered it. Upon receiving the unit, it is clearly the same as the other unit being sold, just labeled with different brand, and works identically. Why not save a few bucks for the same thing? Same as my review of the CycleOps sensor, the short cable between the sensors make it easy to mount and adjust. One battery for both sensors is convenient rather than having two different speed and cadence sensors. Will purchase again for my other bikes.
on August 8, 2014
Works like a charm on my stationary bike. I use it to connect to Endomondo on my Galaxy S4 (be advised, though, that Endomondo can't currently persistently read speed from the sensor. They're working on it, apparently. Cadence readings are flawless, though, so it's not Wahoo's fault.)

When I needed Wahoo's support to help me install the device in my setting (which isn't standard), the reply was prompt and informative.

I only wish the cord were a little longer (though I can see that they have to strike a balance here).
on August 29, 2012
I recently purchased this item and thought the antenna was missing to connect to my IPhone. I'm new to cycling and din't really understand the antenna+ language. I called Amazon to send me another due to the "missing" part. The new shipment looked like the first. I looked on the back of the newest shipment (original manufacture package) and it showed that a key was needed. The first shipment was not in the manufacture's original package. Once I figured all that out, I ordered the key. The directions that come with the product is HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE. If you are a novice, you will be lost instantly. They provide no pictures and you have to understand the parts of a bike. I went to wahoo's site and they have a youtube video there that was a great help. Without that, I would have sent it all back. Now that I have it installed, it works very well with my cyclemeter app. I believe either Wahoo or Amazon could do a better job of letting you know up front what all is needed to make the product work.
on January 3, 2013
I have owned this sensor for a bit more than a year now, and mostly it works as one would expect it to. However I often have a problem of it stopping sending speed/cadence data for a few seconds (usually 4-7 seconds), which causes my bicycle computer to stop recording all data (including power) during these few seconds (since it's recording only when speed is non-zero), which is a bit annoying.

The design lets you place the speed and cadence sensors more or less independently, which is a plus, however the mounting pads work best only if have chain stays that are more or less round. If your chain stays have some kind of angular profile (probably with small bevels), it may be hard to position the speed sensor so that it is stable enough.
on October 7, 2014
This is a perfect sensor pack for a Salsa Vaya. The 2 piece layout makes a custom set easy. The braze-on cable tie-downs on the Vaya's chain stays make it difficult to put the all-in-one unit on the bike, add a small crank set to the mix and the Wahoo unit is the perfect sensor. This is the second one I own (2 Bikes), it has given me the least trouble with movement and lost signals. We ride a lot of Rail Trails and it has held up to the off road use with no issues.
on April 6, 2017
As stated in the title, the ANT+ case only works with iphone 4 and older. You could use the sensors with something already ant+ compatible... but that defeats the purpose of buying something advertised as "for iphone".
on April 12, 2013
My buddy introduced me to ANT+. I ride a trainer inside every now and again, and this is soooooooo cool. Now I know my speed and distance when I ride inside my house. Easy to install, easy to wirelessly connect and easy to use. I use with an old iphone 4 and ANT+ receiving unit. Works great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.