Waiters Corkscrew by HiCoup - Professional Ebony Wood All-in-one Corkscrew, Bottle Opener and Foil Cutter, the Favoured Wine Opener of Sommeliers, Waiters and Bartenders
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY!!! Don’t let the price fool you, this is a fantastic sommelier inspired, premium quality and durable 3 in 1 multi-function waiters key. This corkscrew elegantly blends the features of a wine corkscrew, bottle opener and foil cutter all together in a stylish and DURABLE 420 STAINLESS STEEL body with comfort-grip wood handle. It inspires confidence and offers the satisfying, solid heft of a fine tool and feels good in the hand, like a well-balanced kitchen knife.
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED WORM made of heavy duty steel is able to cleanly remove any natural or synthetic cork in only 5 turns with no breakage. The precision-cut notch along the screw grips the cork firmly and also reduces the drag as it cuts through the cork, making it less likely the cork will crumble and offering a significant advantage over other types of screws.
- DOUBLE HINGED FULCRUM provides extra leverage and smoother pulling of even the longest corks. The two step hinge makes opening wine twice as easy by allowing for a nice, 2-step pull and removal of the cork and offers a significant mechanical advantage over older-style single-hinge corkscrews.
- LONG, ROUNDED AND SERRATED FOIL CUTTER removes all types of foils and eliminates the need to purchase another gadget. It is also specially designed to reduce the risk of slippage and minimize any tearing of the foil or plastic. NOTE - IF THE FOIL KNIFE IS DIFFICULT TO OPEN, SIMPLY APPLY A LITTLE BIT OF OIL AT THE KNIFE'S HINGES TO LOOSEN IT UP. THIS WILL USUALLY DO THE TRICK!
- A HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT BACKED BY OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE - We'll let our reviews and seller feedback speak for themselves.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Like A Pro
1. Remove foil with foil cutter
2. With the worm, pierce the cork's center and twist clockwise
3. Push the middle notch on the lever to rest on the bottle's opening, and pull the lever up
4. Push the notch on the end of the lever to the bottle's opening, and pull the handle until the cork comes cleaned out
5. Pour wine into a HiCoup Decanter to enhance your wine's blooming aromas
With the double-hinged lever, uncorking a bottle of wine is a breeze. Simply insert the corkscrew into the neck, hook the first notch of the lever and pull the cork out halfway. Next, reposition the second notch on the ledge and pull out the cork.
|Finishes||Eight Unique Resin Finishes + Ten Premium Wood Finishes||Black|
|Size||5.6 x 2.1 x 9.5 inches||12.5 x 2 x 3.5 inches|
|Opens What Kind Of Bottle||Any Bottle with Cork and Cap||Any Bottle with Cork and Cap|
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: Since posting this review, the company has reached out to me in multiple ways to work with me on either replacing the wine key or at least refund me for the broken tool. When I said I would give them another shot, they expedited a new wine key to me and still refunded the item. I haven't used the new wine key yet but I wanted to update this review because the customer service from this company is amazing and some of the best service I have received in a long time.
My major gripe would be inconsistencies. I loved my first hi-coup corkscrew so when I lost the first one I immediately purchased the same one but in a different, not theft worthy color. My first hi-coup corkscrew had a sharper, more effective foil cutter that cleanly cut the foil in one go. It also had a springier hinge on the first lever so opening bottles was effortless. Also are tiny aesthetic flaws in the workmanship that don’t effect the usability of the product but do indicate that either these things are slapped together quickly or lax quality control. With all that’s said, it’s still a solid corkscrew.
All lever action corkscrews depend upon the mechanical advantage provided by leverage. With a single action lever cork screw, the upward leverage is least at the beginning of the pull, when the cork is being held most tightly in the bottle. At the start of extraction, the lever handle is nearly parallel to the screw in the cork, most of the force is wasted by pulling sideways on the screw, not up. The two stage, split lever action solves this problem by allowing the lever fulcrum to be lower, closer to the rim of the bottle, when the pull starts. The handle then starts out perpendicular to the screw, and all the force on the screw goes into extracting the cork upwards, out of the bottle.
One of the "tricks" with this corkscrew is to realize that you want the handle to be perpendicular to the direction of pull, in order to get the best leverage. This means don't screw in the corkscrew all the way at first. We like to leave about half a turn of the "pigtail" still showing outside of the cork for the first pull. Then screw into the cork a bit further before starting moving the fulcrum higher up and starting the second pull. Two easy pulls: out comes the cork!
I wouldn’t recommend this product. The pin holding the corkscrew became loose and the wine key became no longer functional. Also the foil cutter became dull after the first month.
In my experience, the simple wine keys are a much better option. Smaller. Which means they fit better in your pants. And they last a lot longer than this cheap product.
I would stay away.
UPDATE: after discussing the issue with the customer service reps, it appears they are completely disorganized with their team and can’t fulfill any replacements on their promise of warranty. Stay away. This company is a waste of everyone’s time.