Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 27, 2015
Suzanne Woods Fisher is definitely one of my good-to authors for Amish fiction.

This story was so good. Cal is recently widowed and falls for his believed to be dead brother's girlfriend. Ben was thought deceased while in serving in the Vietnam War, only to return to find Cal with Jorie. Ben is haunted by his time in the service which was not at all fitting for an Amish man, who believe in not bearing arms.

This story has many plots and lots of sub plots to keep you reading to find out how the story goes. It was very well written and you will enjoy it very much.

I purchased the Kindle version of this book. I was then able to listen to the book as well. I hope to read as many of this author's books as possible.
on June 5, 2014
The author does a good job holding you in the story. A good storyline, characters well
entered as the story proceeds from beginning to end. I got so taken up in the last few
chapters I was so afraid it was going to end differently than I hoped. But the ending
proves well worth reading. I've read so many books where the ending is so disappointing, however not so in this book. I might add the title is so appropriate for the book. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good novel. It is an Amish novel
but that is not the primary theme, it's but so many other things are going on your
not concentrating on that fact. Suzanne Woods Fisher really proves herself as a good
author in this book.
on January 20, 2011
The second in the Lancaster County Secrets series, which I have fallen in love with! I actually purchased the Kindle version of this book after I read the first and received the third to review - I wanted to be on top of things and boy, did I make the right choice in purchasing this book!

We are brought back to the Zook family whom we met briefly in book 1, The Choice, and are knee deep in Amish life in the late1960's/early 1970s, the Vietnam War Era. Segregation abound. Many twists, plot turns, and interesting characters drive this story. Death, War, Post Traumatic Stress, Alzheimers, and most importantly LOVE and Faith in God. As pointed out, loss is prevalent in this story but faith in God is stronger and the healings of many hearts because of this strong faith is shown well again.

Ms. Woods Fisher portrays life in the Amish town in Pennsylvania well and with great detail. Without spoiling the book, I do have to tell you that I loved the twists and turns and could almost see through the window of the one-roomed schoolhouse or the beauty of the horses foaling.

Another fabulous read for any and all ages - I'd say from 7th grade up ... but in no means is this a "young adult" book. Excellent, again, for book groups looking to explore Amish, family dynamics and/or faith.
on February 24, 2017
There's chocolate cake and then there's CHOCOLATE cake, and The Waiting is CHOCOLATE cake. Everything about it is rich and satisfying. I love the characters, and I love the way God is gently included throughout the whole story so that you're left with a warm hug after the last page . . . Such a good story.
on July 28, 2011
I will not go in to specific areas and scenes I loved (although there were many) b/c I hate spoilers in reviews. However, I will say that if you are looking for the best Amish Fiction book to come "down the pike" in quite some time, read this book by Suzanne WoodsFisher.! She writes with poignancy, relevance, senstivity, and gives you an interesting story to boot. Just enough romance to tickle the imagination, too. Characters you can care about. Overall, I loved this book, and I am quick to critique books for some reason. (no I'm not an author) I just "know what I like." This one is worth buying and *keeping!*!
on January 21, 2014
As with the characters in The Choice, I found that I developed emotional attachments to the characters. I teared up at a few parts of this book and felt anger toward antagonistic characters. To me, that's a sign of a well-written book with good story lines. I don't want to give away anything in the book so I'll leave it at that. I'm not buying the third book yet because, as with the first two, I won't be able to put it down! I need to wait until I get some stuff done before I delve into Book 3 but I'm eager to get to it.

The only negatives are that the characters from Books 1 and 2 are not at all the same as you would expect in a series, and I would've liked to have seen an ending for the antagonistict characters, be it good or bad. Also, the book lacked an epilogue; including one would've added to the abrupt ending.
on October 17, 2010
As usual Suzanne Woods Fisher has done it again! She has written another book that once you pick it up, you can't put it down. I Love everything she has written. So, on a personal note, Suzanne, keep it up!! Write faster please! :)

Will you love the characters of Jorie King and Ben Zook? There's a lot going on to this story. Will Ben join the Church?? Will Ben Marry Jorie? You will have to read the book yourself to find out the answers! Having said that, this book deserves a five star rating!
on February 7, 2014
Ahhh again, the perfect description of Amish life told through the lives of family people you come to love as your own family. The story of Cal & Jorie, two lives destined to find each other through God's plan for them; a plan including many facets, making this book hard to lay down. Another A#1 read. Enjoy!
on December 11, 2014
This was an excellent series by a terrific author. These books are uplifting and inspiring and filled with fun, love and caring. I just love reading her books so refreshing and make me feel good and look at the world through new eyes.
on February 18, 2016
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. I laughed and cried at times. I was routing for Jorie and Cal throughout the book. They were very likable characters. I couldn't wait to finish this story mostly to find out the ending but now I'm finished I will miss the characters and the whole setting of the story. I feel this is a must read especially if you like Amish stories like I do. Please try it!