Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 666 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 782 reviews
on December 26, 2013
I have bought this and several other books about NDEs and found this one lacking in content in which it is categorized. The author states from the beginning she has liked to talk too much since a child...which is what this book felt like. I actually started to skim through parts hoping I would get to the part in which I bought the book for. That BIG moment I was hoping all the chatter led up to never arrived. I felt like this book was more of a diary she needed to write to get out her past as part of her recovery more than information about what Heaven was like. Her experience about Heaven consists of part of one chapter where she sees angels and God and sees herself as a child before getting to the gates. That's it. The rest of the book is a auto-biography about her struggles and hardships and how she slowly started to overcome them. I believe everything she states and I truly wish she didn't have to suffer the hardships she did as well as I wish no one has to endure the hardships she has, however this is more of a self help book than a book about a NDE. I give it 2 stars because although it has very (very, very) little content about NDE and Heaven, I believe this can be helpful to those who have been victim of sexual abuse, domestic violence, had an abortion, etc. I think this conclusion played out in her book as well. Those most touched by her testimony were those who endured the same hardships as her therefore they had someone to relate and talk to. If you are one who is looking for detailed accounts of Heaven and what happen after we leave this world I would say pass on this book. If you have endured some extreme hardships in life and want to relate to someone who has been through the same and can reassure you God still loves you and sees you as his perfect child,then yes, I believe this is worth the read.
on May 6, 2014
A friend at my Church suggested to our prayer meeting group one evening to buy this book and read it as he deemed it to be worth every penny of the cost for it. So I did. My take is that I could hardly get passed the half way mark of this book before I either had to put it down for days on end or eventually try to skim through all the chapters desperately searching for the entire story of her, Waking Up in Heaven. There was only 1 or 2 very, very brief descriptions of what occurred to her in the hospital followed by chapters thereafter that go on and on about her life autobiography. Her parents, her rebellious teenage years, her lack of faith, etc. I wouldn't mind a chapter or two of telling readers what her up-bringing was like and the utter hardships she experienced to explain her lack of faith within God, but after that, I wanted to get to- The Heavenly experience part with God. I felt like all she was writing a book about was trying to unload all of her unhappiness story first and foremost rather than to just give other Christians a peek at what God had shown her and said to her. I don't believe God was saying make an autobiography of every feasible detail of your life, but instead, he said to her to share this experience with others. That was is why I wanted to buy it. Even if my friend at Church thought this was an intriguing and fulfilling book, I pretty much regretted buying it.
on February 19, 2014
My husband passed away recently but in 2007 he also had a heavenly visitation. He made many of the same comments regarding heaven as did Crystal. I remember him telling of his experience and saying 'God' and then saying 'Jesus'. When I queried him as to 'God or Jesus' his answer was much the same as Crystal's, 'They are one, you can not separate them'. He also shared her trepidation in sharing his vision, that people would think he was crazy. Crystal's testimony gave me so much comfort as well as expressing God's great grace for his imperfect people. It is difficult to be the one 'left behind', but Crystal's testimony, as well as Marv Besterman's testimony 'My Journey to Heaven: What I saw and how it changed my Life' , and Dale Braxton's testimony on Beyond the Grave 2 have brought a healing to me that would have otherwise been hard to receive. You are drawn by their compassion for their family, yet their overwhelming love of God and desire for heaven being utmost. It draws me to the place where the overwhelming love of God also needs to be my reality and my anticipation now is also to enter the heavenly realm. LOVED it. A really 'down to earth, realistic life story testimony that many can identify with.
on April 14, 2017
I liked the frank voice of the writer and her colloquial way of talking to the reader worked for me.

I read reviews saying she goes on too much about her personal life, but since I love memoirs, I didn't think it would be an issue for me. And it wasn't for the first two-thirds of the book, but by the end--the details of her difficult life became excessive and I began skimming pages at a time. I think there should have been better editing. The Bible quotes were superfluous.

Given her early abuse, I was surprised she didn't get PTSD.

It's advisable for any author to check the Kindle version of their books. It was very irritating to have the heaven chapters in a font so light, I could barely read it. You don't want the reader to have to work so hard, especially reading the most wonderful part.

I think she is an amazing person. Her forgiveness and love for others, especially those who abused her, is jaw-dropping. I loved the little girl God showed her in the end. A soul part who left when the trauma began if you ask me!
on September 22, 2014
As a believer, I was interested in what Crystal had to say. My mother had a similar experience when I was nine years old.

I found the story interesting...what believer wouldn't. The message was presented well without too much information, only what she remembered (as she was directed). I believe that something so awesome would be difficult for our limited mind to grasp, let alone explain. Crystal's problematic life only adds credence to the story. While the added examples of God's messages Crystal received and passed on were not related to the death incident, they were important to the receivers. They were confirmations that God exists. It took courage to tell this story. My only negative is that it was too long.
on March 5, 2015
This book affected me to the core of my being. Last year in 2014, I had to have surgery to have my gull bladder removed due to the fact that oily t was full of stones. While I was under anesthesia, I saw Jesus. He never spoke to me, but I knew why He was there without any words having to be so said. God is our greatest protector when we are afraid. I was frightened to have that surgery performed and my Father in Heaven knew it, so right He was with me the whole time and He made sure I knew it. This book only confirms what I already knew. Crystal thank you for baring your soul to share God's glory and His love for us. I love you Father God with all my heart, strength and mind.
on May 3, 2017
A very interesting read, but I was surprised and frankly disappointed there wasn't more emphasis on the need for salvation. You can't just die and go to heaven and meet God unless you turn to Him in repentance by asking Jesus Christ to forgive you for your sins. A section in the back that gives you a prayer to pray if you would like to ask Jesus to cleanse you of your sins and information on how to start walking with Him would have been really good.
on August 28, 2014
I was amazed, when reading this book, how much I recognized the a similarity of her experience with mine. I didn't die and go to heaven, but I experienced hearing him talk to me, telling me He had work for me to do. I didn't know what to do or think, but when my mother developed terminal bone cancer, that I realized he wanted me to help her come back to him before she died. We had 6 months together,during which she regained her faith and was able to look forward to being with God. I was so grateful for.those 6 months. It was as much a gift for me as it was for her.
on August 28, 2014
I have to stop buying books like this, thinking I am going to gain some new insight into heaven and ending up having to read really bad writing about ordinary lives, with only a small part of the book actually focusing on the experiences in heaven. Crystal is, I'm sure, a very nice woman and her experience undoubtedly was real; however, I had to schlep through hundreds of pages about her utterly uninteresting life, with only about five pages devoted to her experience in heaven. Most of the book found her pedantically pontificating about what she thinks it might have meant. Her life, as has everyone's, has been filled with sadness, despair, challenges, and also periods of brightness and happiness. So what? There was nothing extraordinary about her life, yet 99% of the book focused on her incredibly ordinary life. It was like listening to hour upon hour of nine innings of a really boring baseball game, with only one base hit. What a yawner! My thumb was wearing out trying to skip pages on my Kindle so I could get to the few pages about her actual experience in heaven. If I could give this 1/4 star, I would. Please leave the preaching for people who really are good at it, and don't be so arrogant as to think your everyday life warrants hundreds of pages, and heaven only five. Really?
on January 26, 2014
I read many reviews before buying this book, I know many people had a problem with her sharing her life story but I didn't. The goal I think she was trying to achieve was in order to understand her time in heaven it could not be appreciated without understanding she was unable to imagine a God that loved her and certainly not enough to meet her in heaven. I could not put the book down and read it in a day. As a woman of strong Christian faith, whose life has also been filled with the death of a child, divorce, bad relationships and a brain surgery that left me deaf in one ear. I related so much to her thoughts and feelings and struggle to believe that God really loves or cares in those extremely difficult times. I even really related to the demonic encounter she had and was so glad she included that ! It's real I've experienced it and she only validated my own experiences. I had my best friend buy the book. I minister to women in the jail system and I'm buying them some copies to read and pass around! I gave this book 5 stars. I loved it! It's the message God wants us to share. JUST HOW DEEPLY HE LOVES US!