Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 22, 2017
I would like to thank Crystal McVea for her obedience in sharing about not only her glimpse of heaven but her life in a completely vulnerable and honest way. By openly disclosing her experiences, such as childhood sexual abuse and family violence, we can be certain that she knew pain: spiritually, physically, and emotionally. When people endure severe trauma, they often try to unsuccessfully cover it up or heal it through addictive behaviors or unhealthy relationships, and Ms. McVea certainly made her fair share of mistakes which she honestly admits to, but then there is Grace. She gets to be in the presence of God for some brief minutes! Even after this, she still struggles with faith and obedience, as we all do, but her account gives all of us hope that Grace is ours, too, if we are open to it and allow it to fill and restore us! No matter our past, we can know we can be forgiven and will spend eternity in heaven.
on May 22, 2013
I do so love to read "encounters with God, heaven" stories, they invoke a sense joy and peace that I can't seem to find anywhere else. Yet this story is so much more; it serves as an authentication that The Creator is inextricably intertwined in our lives always and in all ways.

Mind you, the meat and potatoes of this kind of story for me is always - what did the author learn, feel, think, say and do in Her presence, and even more importantly, what was exchanged in the divine realm? What was learned, what was conveyed? This piece is laid out such that the events that took place in Nirvana are interspersed throughout the book as distinct chapters each only several pages in length. The protagonist uses her story, that is, the story of her life to frame the events that occur in Paradise.

Crystal lays bare her soul for all to see, she deftly describes in some detail the sins of her past (keep in mind that the term "sin" in the original Greek, merely means "to miss the mark,") and do you know what? God forgave her! The author exposes her weaknesses, and you know what? God forgave her and strengthened her! Ms. McVea implores us to see her through her own eyes as unworthy, unredeemable, as a veritable pariah in His kingdom. Do you know what? The great I AM saw her as perfect and wrapped her in an conditional love that language can only fail to describe.

My only misgiving about this piece is that Crystal states near the end of the book that ".......we are born in sin...." and a bit later she also states that "......we are all His perfect little creatures...." I affectionately but firmly disagree with you, Crystal, we were not born in sin, just love.

4 stars on the board 4 1/2 to be honest, and I hope to meet you someday Ms. McVea!
on March 19, 2017
Have read this twice already. If you feel a kinship with the person who wrote this book as I did, you will get a lot out of it. If you are on the fence religiously...read it!!
on October 20, 2017
A must read!!! It just makes you feel something. I have book suggestions show up in my life constantly and I get a "nudge" to read them. I found myself not being able to put this down. I found this as a suggestion after I ordered the Anna, Grandmother of Jesus book. I finished reading this one and immediately started reading Waking Up in Heaven. Crystal this is a beautiful story and I am glad you were able to share this with everyone. Sending you a thought filled loving hug.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2014
This is a wonderful book. It shows the reader that absolutely no matter what your life has been in the past you can be assured of a place in heaven. Crystal was out of her body in a hospital for nine minutes and went to haven. It is a real place. To get there you must believe God sent His Son to die for our sins and ask forgiveness and accept Jesus as your Savior. Crystal tells of past issues with men that lead to a total mistrust. But, she finds a man named Virgil who changes the rest of her life.
on May 10, 2017
This book was an amazing story and testimony. How one person can be a broken sinner. An average person like you and I. She was in the presence of God and chose by Him to share her story. We all have a story. Some stories are harder to bear than others. Her story of abuse, her own sins and demons was heart wrenching. All the obstacles she overcame. And to be able to stand and tell her story. Write a book to reach millions. I'm in awe and very impressed. Thank you for touching my life with your blessed life story.
on January 26, 2014
I read many reviews before buying this book, I know many people had a problem with her sharing her life story but I didn't. The goal I think she was trying to achieve was in order to understand her time in heaven it could not be appreciated without understanding she was unable to imagine a God that loved her and certainly not enough to meet her in heaven. I could not put the book down and read it in a day. As a woman of strong Christian faith, whose life has also been filled with the death of a child, divorce, bad relationships and a brain surgery that left me deaf in one ear. I related so much to her thoughts and feelings and struggle to believe that God really loves or cares in those extremely difficult times. I even really related to the demonic encounter she had and was so glad she included that ! It's real I've experienced it and she only validated my own experiences. I had my best friend buy the book. I minister to women in the jail system and I'm buying them some copies to read and pass around! I gave this book 5 stars. I loved it! It's the message God wants us to share. JUST HOW DEEPLY HE LOVES US!
on July 22, 2013
This was a very inspiring, straight forward book. She seemed to be very honest as she tried to relay her experience. There is much to receive from this book and the top of the list is that "God Love us no matter what we have done". The thing I got out of this read is that faith n fear can not work in your mind at the same time, which i knew,and that fear is straight from the devil, and I also knew. But what it told me was that when I am fearing something 10 Xs out of 10, it is something God wants me to do and I don't ever do it because the devil just throws fear at me. It stops me in my tracks. But, not any more. "You must Know your enemy before you go into battle" . I just learned a lot about this enemy, from this book. The main reason I wanted to read it was, my Mother lives in Heaven now, and I wanted to know what This woman saw when she was there. That part was Great as well.
on May 6, 2017
My friend use to say that you do not pick a book that the book picks you and that is exactly what happened with this book. Everything in her life happened also to me. I am 68 years old and have worried about all of my terrible sins and choices in life and that God would not forgive me but this book made me realize that God is my father just as I am my children's mother and I love them and accept them unconditionally so I know in my heart that He does too. I am blessed that she shared her story with me.
on August 31, 2014
I was saddened to read of the life she lived. So often I think mine was married to a man who was bi-polar, selfish, clinically depressed for 48 long years. When I read stories like this I am ashamed and humbled to even think I compare to all their sufferings thinking mine was so bad. I was emotionally abused but Jesus entered our lives early in our marriage. We did not serve Him but always knew He would work it out. I lived 24/7 with my husband and yearned for some time to search and find a closeness with Jesus. Since his death 2 years ago, I am getting closer to Jesus. I know God is my Heavenly Father but still have difficulty understanding of His love. My father was a alcoholic and my husband was not a good father to our children so I have never seen what it is to have a picture of a true father. I now have all the quiet time I want and search each day for what God wants me to do with my life now. But for right now, it is just to be closer and to learn to let my Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit really love me the way I have never felt before. I keep searching, crying, pleading. I know as I continue to pursue Him we will be joined as He has been searching for me for a long time.