Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 658 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 773 reviews
on December 26, 2013
I have bought this and several other books about NDEs and found this one lacking in content in which it is categorized. The author states from the beginning she has liked to talk too much since a child...which is what this book felt like. I actually started to skim through parts hoping I would get to the part in which I bought the book for. That BIG moment I was hoping all the chatter led up to never arrived. I felt like this book was more of a diary she needed to write to get out her past as part of her recovery more than information about what Heaven was like. Her experience about Heaven consists of part of one chapter where she sees angels and God and sees herself as a child before getting to the gates. That's it. The rest of the book is a auto-biography about her struggles and hardships and how she slowly started to overcome them. I believe everything she states and I truly wish she didn't have to suffer the hardships she did as well as I wish no one has to endure the hardships she has, however this is more of a self help book than a book about a NDE. I give it 2 stars because although it has very (very, very) little content about NDE and Heaven, I believe this can be helpful to those who have been victim of sexual abuse, domestic violence, had an abortion, etc. I think this conclusion played out in her book as well. Those most touched by her testimony were those who endured the same hardships as her therefore they had someone to relate and talk to. If you are one who is looking for detailed accounts of Heaven and what happen after we leave this world I would say pass on this book. If you have endured some extreme hardships in life and want to relate to someone who has been through the same and can reassure you God still loves you and sees you as his perfect child,then yes, I believe this is worth the read.
on May 6, 2014
A friend at my Church suggested to our prayer meeting group one evening to buy this book and read it as he deemed it to be worth every penny of the cost for it. So I did. My take is that I could hardly get passed the half way mark of this book before I either had to put it down for days on end or eventually try to skim through all the chapters desperately searching for the entire story of her, Waking Up in Heaven. There was only 1 or 2 very, very brief descriptions of what occurred to her in the hospital followed by chapters thereafter that go on and on about her life autobiography. Her parents, her rebellious teenage years, her lack of faith, etc. I wouldn't mind a chapter or two of telling readers what her up-bringing was like and the utter hardships she experienced to explain her lack of faith within God, but after that, I wanted to get to- The Heavenly experience part with God. I felt like all she was writing a book about was trying to unload all of her unhappiness story first and foremost rather than to just give other Christians a peek at what God had shown her and said to her. I don't believe God was saying make an autobiography of every feasible detail of your life, but instead, he said to her to share this experience with others. That was is why I wanted to buy it. Even if my friend at Church thought this was an intriguing and fulfilling book, I pretty much regretted buying it.
on February 19, 2014
My husband passed away recently but in 2007 he also had a heavenly visitation. He made many of the same comments regarding heaven as did Crystal. I remember him telling of his experience and saying 'God' and then saying 'Jesus'. When I queried him as to 'God or Jesus' his answer was much the same as Crystal's, 'They are one, you can not separate them'. He also shared her trepidation in sharing his vision, that people would think he was crazy. Crystal's testimony gave me so much comfort as well as expressing God's great grace for his imperfect people. It is difficult to be the one 'left behind', but Crystal's testimony, as well as Marv Besterman's testimony 'My Journey to Heaven: What I saw and how it changed my Life' , and Dale Braxton's testimony on Beyond the Grave 2 have brought a healing to me that would have otherwise been hard to receive. You are drawn by their compassion for their family, yet their overwhelming love of God and desire for heaven being utmost. It draws me to the place where the overwhelming love of God also needs to be my reality and my anticipation now is also to enter the heavenly realm. LOVED it. A really 'down to earth, realistic life story testimony that many can identify with.
on April 14, 2017
I liked the frank voice of the writer and her colloquial way of talking to the reader worked for me.

I read reviews saying she goes on too much about her personal life, but since I love memoirs, I didn't think it would be an issue for me. And it wasn't for the first two-thirds of the book, but by the end--the details of her difficult life became excessive and I began skimming pages at a time. I think there should have been better editing. The Bible quotes were superfluous.

Given her early abuse, I was surprised she didn't get PTSD.

It's advisable for any author to check the Kindle version of their books. It was very irritating to have the heaven chapters in a font so light, I could barely read it. You don't want the reader to have to work so hard, especially reading the most wonderful part.

I think she is an amazing person. Her forgiveness and love for others, especially those who abused her, is jaw-dropping. I loved the little girl God showed her in the end. A soul part who left when the trauma began if you ask me!
on September 22, 2014
As a believer, I was interested in what Crystal had to say. My mother had a similar experience when I was nine years old.

I found the story interesting...what believer wouldn't. The message was presented well without too much information, only what she remembered (as she was directed). I believe that something so awesome would be difficult for our limited mind to grasp, let alone explain. Crystal's problematic life only adds credence to the story. While the added examples of God's messages Crystal received and passed on were not related to the death incident, they were important to the receivers. They were confirmations that God exists. It took courage to tell this story. My only negative is that it was too long.
on August 28, 2014
I have to stop buying books like this, thinking I am going to gain some new insight into heaven and ending up having to read really bad writing about ordinary lives, with only a small part of the book actually focusing on the experiences in heaven. Crystal is, I'm sure, a very nice woman and her experience undoubtedly was real; however, I had to schlep through hundreds of pages about her utterly uninteresting life, with only about five pages devoted to her experience in heaven. Most of the book found her pedantically pontificating about what she thinks it might have meant. Her life, as has everyone's, has been filled with sadness, despair, challenges, and also periods of brightness and happiness. So what? There was nothing extraordinary about her life, yet 99% of the book focused on her incredibly ordinary life. It was like listening to hour upon hour of nine innings of a really boring baseball game, with only one base hit. What a yawner! My thumb was wearing out trying to skip pages on my Kindle so I could get to the few pages about her actual experience in heaven. If I could give this 1/4 star, I would. Please leave the preaching for people who really are good at it, and don't be so arrogant as to think your everyday life warrants hundreds of pages, and heaven only five. Really?
on March 19, 2017
Have read this twice already. If you feel a kinship with the person who wrote this book as I did, you will get a lot out of it. If you are on the fence religiously...read it!!
on April 24, 2017
Hard to believe how tough of a life some people have. Highly detailed story of her life. A lot of Bible verses thrown in. Great to understand that God Loves everyone and that we are All Worthy of his forgiveness.
on April 22, 2017
It was okay. I thought that it would give more detail of her time in heaven. There wasn't enough detail in her childhood ordeals either. Disappointed.
on February 17, 2014
I enjoyed hearing this good news from Crystal. She certainly had a blessed event in her life, being in the presence of GOD. YES I ENJOYED HER SHARING GOD'S LOVE WITH US. Thank you very much.