A Walk to Remember Soundtrack
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
A Walk To Remember Music From The Motion Picture
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
by New Radicals
Top Customer Reviews
1. Dare You to Move - Switchfoot: Two words. OH MY! This song gets more special every time I hear it. I keep imagining a certain scene. The vocals are beautiful and the powerful background music draws you in.
2. Cry - Mandy Moore: This is by far her best song ever. Unless you live in a hole you've heard it before so I don't have to do much explaining. Every time I hear it I'm reminded of the on screen romance. This song is truly becoming a classic to me.
3. Someday We'll Know - Mandy Moore & Jonathan Foreman: A very nice duet. Their voices flow together perfectly. This should have been more publicized. Only since listening to the cd have I even heard of this song. That's a shame because of the beautiful harmony they create.
4. Dancin' In The Moonlight - Toploader: Great cover. You'll know this song once you hear it. It's so cute. Kinda hippy-ish. I like that. Nice back beats.
5. Learning To Breathe - Switchfoot: Very good song. Not the best one on here but great nonetheless. It's very romantic mixing the elements of strong background music and very powerful vocals. You'll find this song growing on you with every listen.
6. Only Hope - Mandy Moore: Beautiful song. This will remind you very much of the love in the movie. Mandy's beautiful voice really shines through here and unlike Britney she's not using her songs to promote her movie. This song isn't even on her cd. I wouldn't mind it anyway because of the talent she has.
7. It's Gonna Be Love - Mandy Moore: Another very pretty song of hers. Again, not the best on the cd but a great listen. In first listen it may seem very poppy but a closer analysis reveals just the opposite. She uses her voice and not mechines to back up her song. The harmonies are also beautiful.Read more ›
I cannot stress enough how amazing and diverse this soundtrack is. There are absolutely no throw-away songs. It truly lives up to all the high praise people have given it. It is at its most effective if you've seen the movie because the scenes really do re-play in your mind as you listen. Moore performs four songs on the 13-song disc, and each showcases her angelic, mature voice and impressive vocal range. I'm sure everyone's heard "Cry" from the movie promos and whatnot. It remains one of my favorites on the CD. "Only Hope," a beautifully-written ballad (by Switchfoot's Jonathan Foreman), is heard in its entirety in the film. I loved Moore's take on it; backed only by piano, she sings it with such conviction and maturity that you forget she's only 17. "It's Gonna Be Love" is a catchy little number -- very easy on the ears. Then there's "Someday We'll Know," her amazing, incredible, marvelous duet with Foreman.Read more ›
1."Is it really just a collection of CHRISTIAN pop ballads?"
Absolutely not. The lyrics of these songs contain no religious imagery or ideology. As a non-Christian, I was not offended in any way. Some people tend to confuse faith, spirituality, and strength with "preaching". But A Walk to Remember is about being true to oneself, whatever that may be. And the spirit of diversity is embraced in the range of music presented on the soundtrack.
2."Is it really just a collection of Christian POP BALLADS?"
No, no, no. Haven't you been listening? This album has folk, punk, and Broadway musical influences. The word to describe it is "inclusive."
3."I heard Shane West's band was on here?!" Relax, they are. It's track 11. Here are the true track listings:
Dare You To Move - Switchfoot 4:09
Cry - Mandy Moore 3:43
Someday We'll Know - Mandy Moore And Jonathan Foreman 3:42
Dancin' In The Moonlight - Toploader 3:52
Learning To Breathe - Switchfoot 4:36
Only Hope - Mandy Moore 3:53
It's Gonna Be Love - Mandy Moore 3:51
You - Switchfoot 4:13
If You Believe - Rachael Lampa 3:49
No One - Cold 3:17
So What Does It All Mean? - West, Gould & Fitzgerald 2:59
Mother, We Just Can't Get Enough - New Radicals 5:44
Only Hope - Switchfoot 4:13
Take a chance and buy this one. It will convince the most jaded critic that even pop stars can be true artists. Miss Moore has never sounded better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Came in good condition but the CD is a little scratched and you can't listen to one or two of the songs.Published 6 months ago by AleSandra
I love this music! Always makes me want to watch this movie again and again!Published 10 months ago by B. Storey
Very poor. The case was cracked when it arrived and there is a huge scratch across the CD.Published 18 months ago by Candace L Forsythe
I highly recommend the CD, "A Walk to Remember." I love the song, "Cry," by Mandy Moore, and I like Moore's version of the song, "Only Hope," better than... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Ryan Nakafuji