- File Size: 4172 KB
- Print Length: 305 pages
- Publisher: Broadway Books; Reprint edition (September 8, 2010)
- Publication Date: September 8, 2010
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000S1LSAM
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,373 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail (Official Guides to the Appalachian Trail) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 305 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
A few reviewers have found fault that Bryson doesn't get a step-by-step account of the AT...other complain that Bryson complains too much about the challenges that he encountered. However, It is true that Bryson did not walk the trail straight through, but how many of us really have time for that? However, he was not trying to write a trail guide nor was he shy about explaining that walking a 2,100 mile trail was not easy. He is able to write a true story about the challenges faced and the characters that you may walk across while on the trail. Whether it is Mary Ellen and her annoying non-stop opinions or the college kids that are inconsiderate to their fellow cabin mates.
Final verdict -
The net effect of "A Walk in the Woods" is a story that inspires - to the point where I was trying to determine if I could take 6-months off from work to walk it myself. I really can't recommend it highly enough - unless you are looking for a straight trail guide. If you are looking for either a great (relatively quick) read or as a nice supplement to your AT reading material "A Walk in the Woods" is tough to beat.
Bryson' s humor had me in hysterics on many pages.
Seriously, I had tears rolling off my face. Worth the time.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Travel
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmentalism
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Nature Writing & Essays
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Ecotourism
- Books > Travel > Travel Writing
- Books > Travel > United States > Northeast > General
- Books > Travel > United States > South > East South Central
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoors & Nature > Nature Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Travel Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > United States > Regions > Northeast
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > United States > Regions > South > East South Central