BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2013
Heads up right away: For those of you looking for a fast-paced zombie shoot-em-up, this game will disappoint you. Despite the undead theme, this game is nothing like Left 4 Dead.

That being said, I've immensely enjoyed this game. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure TV show with some puzzles thrown in. The choices are hard to make, and I found myself emotionally invested quickly. The characters are very real, as are the conflicts presented to the player.

My one major complaint is that the game is pretty easy. Even if you manage to die, you get to restart sometimes two steps back from where it was you failed.

If you're looking for a challenge, pass this one up. If you want to be immersed in a great story, tailored by your own actions, this is definitely worth the money.
on December 26, 2013
This is a point-and-click/RPG hybrid, with scattered zombie-killing quicktime events serving primarily to move the narrative along rather than to meaningfully challenge the player's FPS skills.

The primary game mechanic is, in all honesty, dialogue--if you're the kind of person who loved plumbing the depths of Mass Effect dialogue trees, then this is the game for you. There are also a LOT of choices which significantly impact the direction of the story--for example, a decision I made in Chapter 3 (approximately mid-game) resulted in a serious injury to a member of our party, which subsequently dogged our efforts to survive and reach safety throughout the remaining chapters. Other choices can and will result in group members dying off or striking out on their own if you cannot successfully mediate conflicts.

If you're looking for a shooter, or if you like your games to "open up" and let you decide where to go next, you will be disappointed. The story is largely on rails, and most enemies (which include both zombies and other non-infected survivors) are killed by pressing buttons when prompted or in heavily scripted firefights with very generous aim assistance. There are also no stats or inventory to manage, which vastly simplifies gameplay, for better and for worse.

Ultimately, the core appeal of the game is its emotionally engaging characters and your ability to determine their fates in this post-apocalyptic nightmare by choosing wisely or poorly. I bought it on sale for $7.50, including the "400 Days" DLC, and I feel I got my money's worth, but I certainly won't be paying any more than $10-15 for the recently released Season 2. It's essentially an interactive movie, and contains no real challenges or opportunities for the player to innovate or strategize, which, at least to my mind, are an indispensable component of a "game".
on December 12, 2013
IF you're looking for a hack-n-slash zombie game...this isn't it. I recommend Dead Island or a few others.

But, if you want a really engrossing video game that plays much more like a story than a game. This is it. Now, I realize that sounds bad..and honestly, there are a lot of games that if presented this way would be just totally worthless.

But, with this one. I found myself sitting down for 3 hour chunks, playing through. Having a beer and enjoying it almost like reading the comic or watching the show. It really is the BEST story I've ever been through in a video game.

Art looks very similar to the Comics so if you're familiar with them this will be familiar and cool to see in "action".

Game is engrossing, fun and beautiful. You can tell the focus wasn't on the game-play necessarily, but that isn't a bad thing in this case. Game-play is cool, but is more of a "choose-your-adventure" type of decision making and less of.. "Which type of blunt object will look the coolest bashing these zombies heads in?"

Not at all what I was expecting, so if you just want carnage, go elsewhere. But, being one that often skips cut-scenes, etc. I was amazed at how deeply pulled into the story I became within the first 5 - 10 mintues.

Each episode takes about 2-3 hours or so of casual playing and has great replay ability.

The choices you have to make effect who you have in your group in later episodes. Great stuff.
on February 23, 2015
I really enjoyed this game, the characters are well defined and the plot is character driven. The action is mostly very easy when in difficult (combat/escape) situations, but sometimes you need to figure out what step might be needed. I used YouTube to determine the steps needed. But I found that almost always putting the burden on Lee to save the day (or he dies) was irritatingly unfair. And his always being blamed when things didn't work out as good as possible he was blamed and when things went perfectly he often doesn't get the credit. In spite of this I'm looking (hoping) for another Walking
Dead game, maybe this year, 2015.
on October 5, 2013
For me, THIS is what a good adventure game should be like! Can I have more like this, please? They don't all have to be zombies and such...but the flow of this game is just superior! Highest rating possible.
on February 21, 2014
You won't find another game of this kind now adays. Good graphics, good story line, reasonably long game, (DLC was also fun but short) The great thing is that game teaches you real life lessons of how you make decisions and how do people remembers you based on whether you cooperated with them or not. If you are looking for a break from traditional fight and kill games should buy it to have a memorable experience. You will feel more like playing a role in Drama or TV series rather than a game.

Can't get that game out of my mind after finishing it one week ago. Definitely recommends it!
on May 29, 2014
Walking Dead Season 1 is an interesting "game" in that it tells a great story and gives the player a variety of choices that can impact the story. However, it plays more like watching/reading a graphic novel rather than being an intense game. It's very story driven and it tells a compelling story. You come to care about the characters and you get some interesting cameos. It's worth playing if your a fan of the show/comics but be warned it's definitely about the story and not necessarily the gameplay.
on November 4, 2013
I bought this when it was on sale for $7.50 for the Halloween event. The story of this game is amazing and the mechanics are pretty well done too. The drawn look of the game reenacts the comic book series and is very easy on the eyes. If it's ever on sale again for the same price and you are on the fence of getting this game, do it. You won't regret it. Unless you aren't a fan of the series, emotional stories, extensive dialogue, and gory games.
on November 25, 2013
I would recommend it for all of you including who even doesn't like game one.
I'm a big fan of TV show and when I was purchase this, I completely didn't expect that it's better than TV show.
well I'm totally wrong, and I'm telling you this, you should play it.
If you fan of TV show, don't worry, you'll be not sorry about this.
and If you not watching a TV show or not even interesting about zombies, you'll be not disappoint.
plus Amazon is always providing good price. so what is there to worry about?
buy it.
on December 30, 2013
The unique game play and episodic structure really allows the game to pull you in. From the varying tasks to the dialog and moral choices, it encourages you to think and also entices you to see how those choices influence the outcome.

This is a very unique game that expands the universe of the comics in an engaging manner.

The download works through Steam, which I have been using for years, so I was very comfortable with it. If you don't already have Steam, it is free and relatively easy to setup.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.