Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
Stunning book. This was my second book by George Anderson and I enjoyed it just as much as his book We Don't Die. By the end of the book I felt that the souls were as real to me as they are to George. This book makes sense of the what is the worse time in our life, the death of someone we love. Instead of death being the ending we all expect, George gave me faith that it's really just the beginning for those who leave us. And that death is actually when we take up our real lives again, leaving behind this 'veil of tears' we call Earth. Having lost a son, this book was particularly important to me. I especially found comfort in the way the souls who have left us, find ways to comfort us. In the eight months since our son's death, every time I've been particularly down, something or someone steps in to give me just what I need to keep going and to even find joy.
George Anderson may be out of reach for me, but his book is not and in it I felt the presence of the souls that came through George to comfort others. It helps tremendously to hear stories of the grieving parents who have spoken to their loved ones through George. What a gift George brings to us all.
Robin Landry, author When I Dream
on March 19, 2002
I nearly made the mistake of not buying this book. I had read George Anderson's "Lessons from the Light" as well as two of the books about him. I found them all interesting, informative, intriguing, and inspirational, but it had been my experience that second and third books by authors just usually rehash the material in the first book or two. I doubted that Anderson had much more to offer. I was very much wrong. This is the best of all books by or about Anderson. I hesitated in buying it, let it sit on a book shelf for some time, but then couldn't put it down once I started reading.
This book is more than some trite, mundane, and unremarkable utterances from the dead. Of course, the cynics who call themselves skeptics would scoff at even that, but I have learned enough about mediumship to know that it is for real. Yes, there are frauds, but Anderson is certainly not one of them. He comes across as a sincere, caring individual with a gift that he is using to help many people. From the many spirit communications that have come through him, Anderson has been able to piece together a concept of the "hereafter" and how souls continue in the realms. There is much wisdom, much profoundness in this book, all consistent with the preponderance of information obtained through other gifted mediums of the past 100 or more years.
Whenever I enjoy a book as much as I did this one, I buy a copy for my daughter, a pediatrics nurse who occasionally works with dying children. She has informed me that such books help her understand and deal with the losses. However, inasmuch as my daughter is now expecting a child, I questioned whether I should buy this book for her. Does a woman ready to give birth to new life want to read about death? The paradox here is that in coming to understand death, we come to understand the divine plan and better understand, appreciate, and enjoy life. If this understanding can be passed on to a child in his formative years, it would seem that the book is indeed appropriate at this time, and therefore I am buying a copy for her.
11 comment| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2017
My adult son passed away suddenly & unexpectedly almost 4 years ago. I have bought many books during that time to try to help me make sense of and understand it all and be able to go on living in the after part of his death which I was sure was absolutely not possible. But here I still am. I don’t like that it happened and I will never get over or completely understand my son’s death, but I am more at peace about it now. I believe the 6 “George books” as I have come to call them, showed up in my life at just the right time as they have been the most helpful for me.
on August 31, 2013
Great reading, to accept, to forgive, to strengthen one's spirit with the departed from the Earth. In a way, George Anderson brings our loved ones closer -- they are not somewhere out there but right here near us, always! And if we only learn to open our eyes, and more importantly, to learn to listen well -- we will see many occurrences, and hear many messages from our loved ones. It is difficult at first, because one must be still, in the mind and heart, to be able to hear and see their presence. But, if we practice the stillness of the mind, we will be able to connect better.
on March 9, 2017
Again I have found a book I couldn't put down. Sometimes I believe that I can feel God or our loved ones near me. And to know about the dogs I loved so much will be there waiting for me when it's my time to leave this earth.
on January 5, 2002
I read this book in two nights - could not put it down. This book has helped me immensely as I grieve the loss of a loved one in my life. This book has helped me to see that my loved one is still with me in spirit, although realistic in acknowledging that I will still feel pain because this soul is no longer physically present in my life. I recommend this book to anyone who is open to the idea of the afterlife. Anderson made a believer out of me and brought me comfort when I most needed it. My only wish is that it wasn't so expensive to see him in person!
Update 8/16:
Additional review-I bought this again years later for my iPad Kindke app. I sadly needed to read it again and remembered how helpful it was the first time. I can't recommend this book enough.
VINE VOICEon August 17, 2010
This book is wonderful as the authors, and particularly George, details in very straight forward language that the soul lives on, back to source, and that the soul continues to grow and to support loved ones who are still living on earth. I have been on my spiritual journey for nearly 2 decades, after falling off the religious wagon that had too many man made rules that became more stifling than actually supporting real growth for thje soul. There were a lot of wonderful insights that made me think as well as nod with acknowledgement of my own experiences. If you want to start or continue with your spiritual growth and you have a lot of questions then read this book. This book differs from other George's book as there are a lot less references to past readings, which was brilliant for this book, and much more insights. Right balance of explanation and references to other readings. Loved it, and the information was provided in an intelligent way that I found was not condescending at all. Loving messages and insight on what will happen to all of us once this life meanders to its end: conforting and uplifting that we do go back to source and makes so much sense of the big picture of my life, thus far. It is one of the best books out there that provides confort and insight. I dont understand why the kindle price is so much higher than the book price? I just gave my book version away and I am considering a kindle version.
on October 22, 2012
I bought this book on Kindle and read it on-line on my laptop through Cloud Reader. George Anderson is a wonderful writer and the book was an easy read. I became interested in the After-Life when my sister died last year. I read many books on the subject from many different authors. Some books are more complicated to interpret than others, and I found Mr. Anderson to be the best interpreter on this subject. Whether you believe in the After-Life or not, his style is one that helps to make sense of a concept that intrigues us and helps to explain why we suffer through some tough ordeals here on earth. The souls on the Other Side use Mr. Anderson as a medium to communicate to us that all is well with them and that they're waiting for us on the Other Side. He gives us examples of past readings with bereaved people who came to hear from loved ones that have passed. He explains the reasons of our suffering here - especially those who suffer through devastating illnesses or those who suffer the loss of a child.

For me, the many questions I had were answered, since I couldn't understand why my sister suffered so much during the last year of her life. She was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor one day, and then died 11 months later. It wasn't a quick, easy death. She suffered terribly. I couldn't come to terms with that, and had to have answers. I do understand more now, than I did before I read the book. I do believe that he has a gift to communicate with those who have crossed over and I do believe the messages that they want us all to understand here on earth. Even if you just wonder where your loved ones go when they die, George Anderson does a great job in simple language to explain it to us. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants down-to-earth answers to their questions on life after death.
on January 29, 2017
Not what I expected from this author
on December 8, 2013
I love George Anderson. I love the work he has done to help people in grief. I am still reading this
book, I particularly love the chapter on living with grief. Our family lived through my niece's murder
by her husband. It was a very heinous murder and this man is now in prison for life without parole.
The toll this has taken on our family has been terrible, unbelivable. I wish I had this book back in 2006
when we were dealing with my niece's disappearance, the funeral, and the trial. George Anderson is
a wonderful human being. Thank you George. Betty Thomas